Forums

Help › Forums

COINS not credits for setting a purse

rated by 0 users
Thu, Sep 7 2023 8:03 AM (6 replies)
  • KGOldWolf
    169 Posts
    Mon, Sep 4 2023 12:47 PM

I want to set up a bracket tournament and wish to have a purse.  I get the impression I have to use credits (out of pocket expenses) versus WGT coins.  Is using COINS possible?

Thanks

• tramilleo
    1,869 Posts
    Mon, Sep 4 2023 6:36 PM

NO

• AlaskanDame
    18,998 Posts
    Mon, Sep 4 2023 7:20 PM

KGOldWolf:

I want to set up a bracket tournament and wish to have a purse.  I get the impression I have to use credits (out of pocket expenses) versus WGT coins.  Is using COINS possible?

Thanks

Great idea!  But it’s up to WGT.  No way currently that I know of. . . 

• AnaNikolaj
    634 Posts
    Tue, Sep 5 2023 4:57 AM

KGOldWolf:

Is using COINS possible?

Thanks

No. 

• WillieSinkit
    1,738 Posts
    Tue, Sep 5 2023 8:45 AM

Who would want to play in a tourney that offers coins as prizes ?

Most players should have millions of them by now and nothing to spend them on !

Just my two coins worth - lol

Willie

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Wed, Sep 6 2023 10:29 AM

WillieSinkit:

Willie

Scenario Country Club X has 50 players. they have 5 really good players but 4/5 don't have many coins built up. maybe only a million or two. a\nd they want to start doing better in Turf Wars.

Let's say person A has 3 billion in coins.

Ideally in order to play Bellagio it's nice to have a cushion of 40-50 million coins. unless you are really really good.

Currently if person A wants to give b,c,d,e any coins they would have to match up in manhattan or bellagio and then person A forfeits to move the coins to the "poorer" club mates. the risk and flaw is that can't control who you match up with. if it's not the person you want then those coins are in jeopardy of being lost and end up going further from the goal.

BUT if could make a tourney about coins.  you do a CC tourney and give the 1st prize of 50 million coins. do that 4 times for each of the players you're trying to boost up in coins.  in day can have redistributed 200 million or more coins very easily. 

• bossbird
    2,195 Posts
    Thu, Sep 7 2023 8:03 AM

Mythanatos:

WillieSinkit:

Willie

Scenario Country Club X has 50 players. they have 5 really good players but 4/5 don't have many coins built up. maybe only a million or two. a\nd they want to start doing better in Turf Wars.

Let's say person A has 3 billion in coins.

Ideally in order to play Bellagio it's nice to have a cushion of 40-50 million coins. unless you are really really good.

Currently if person A wants to give b,c,d,e any coins they would have to match up in manhattan or bellagio and then person A forfeits to move the coins to the "poorer" club mates. the risk and flaw is that can't control who you match up with. if it's not the person you want then those coins are in jeopardy of being lost and end up going further from the goal.

BUT if could make a tourney about coins.  you do a CC tourney and give the 1st prize of 50 million coins. do that 4 times for each of the players you're trying to boost up in coins.  in day can have redistributed 200 million or more coins very easily. 

The problem with that is the bigger stronger clubs become even bigger and stronger , and small clubs would never be able to keep up . 
    in my opinion coins should remain as an earned commodity and not gifted. I accept I may feel differently if I wanted to compete within a large club but I don’t , so this is where my view comes from.  

RSS