Help › Forums

cursor dissapears when on site with chromebook

rated by 0 users
Fri, Oct 13 2023 6:31 PM (32 replies)
  • Yiannis1970
    3,270 Posts
    Fri, Aug 25 2023 9:20 AM

BlackBogey:

Can't speak for OP, but I have Chromebook with Google OS.  It uses the Google Play Store for game/app downloads, same as Android.

Google OS is not android. Perhaps they look alike but it's not the same OS. Perhaps the core is the same but they are not the same which is why you are having problems like that.

• BlackBogey
    284 Posts
    Fri, Aug 25 2023 4:57 PM

I understand they are not the same, but does Android not use the same Play Store for apps as Chrome OS?  I guess a better question would be, are there separate versions of WGT app on the Play Store - one for "Chromebook" and one for "Android" phones/tablets?  I only see one WGT app in my Play Store and it doesn't mention if it's specific to either "platform".  And I'm guessing that would be because I have a Chrome OS that is "powered by" Android.  If I had a Chromebook that was "powered by" Windows I'm sure I would be downloading a different version of the app from the Microsoft Store (or whatever its called) and it would be specific to to the Windows "platform". 

I just know that everything worked pretty well on my CB before last update, and now lots of people are starting to report issues similar to mine (inability to resize game window, cursor disappearing while inside the app window, etc...) since the last update.

Anyways, like I say, I'll probably just wait until I finish the current TapJoy app I'm working on for credits and then Power Wash the whole thing and see if that helps any.  And to be honest, I've started seeing some weird behavior in a few other apps (namely the TapJoy one I just downloaded for credits) so I'm half convinced it's not solely a WGT issue but possibly a Chrome or Android issue.  

Thanks for the response Yiannis!

• Hunslet38er
    5 Posts
    Sat, Aug 26 2023 11:01 AM

just to clarify.

it is the app that the problem occurs on chromebook. nothing else, in terms of any other page etc on anything else, youtube etc is affected.

it cannot be anything to do with a chrome update as my back up chromebook is a tad old and has gone beyond its final update and cannot be updated.

i play on a touch screen version, of chromebook  (acer 514) so there is no mouse issue, as there is no mouse.

as other posters have intimated, this issue has arisen at  precisely the same time as the last update was installed.

i thank all for their sleuthing in trying to find a solution.

• Hunslet38er
    5 Posts
    Sat, Aug 26 2023 11:04 AM

i have power washed both my chromebooks... alas, to no avail...

• Yiannis1970
    3,270 Posts
    Sun, Aug 27 2023 8:29 AM

Congrats for resolving the issue BlackBogey!!!!

• Hunslet38er
    5 Posts
    Tue, Aug 29 2023 6:09 AM

what was the resolution. no change in my game status and i cannot see any mention of a resolution..

cheers

Yiannis1970:

Congrats for resolving the issue BlackBogey!!!!

• Yiannis1970
    3,270 Posts
    Tue, Aug 29 2023 10:48 AM

I would be gladly copy and paste his post on discord, but since discord is so unfriendly for search, i would be sending him a p.m. asking about the whole procedure he executed.

• BlackBogey
    284 Posts
    Tue, Aug 29 2023 3:31 PM

Yiannis1970:

I would be gladly copy and paste his post on discord, but since discord is so unfriendly for search, i would be sending him a p.m. asking about the whole procedure he executed.

To be honest Yiannis my "fix" was for not being able to get TapJoy offer wall to open and stay open due to a "sizing" issue.  I always run WGT in "resizable" mode, and that started acting buggy after last update.  Most notable thing was that Tapjoy would open/close/open/close/open/close.......in "resizable" mode.  And you couldn't actually re-size anything, or switch to phone/tablet mode, it was grayed out.

Just in case anyone else is having that issue with Tapjoy (or any other part of the app not working in "Resizable" I'll go ahead and post it here): 

Go to Settings->Apps->Google Play Store->Manage Android Preferences.  On the next pop-up window scroll down to "About Device", then click on "Build Number" 5-7 times.  This will open Developer Options.  Next click the back button and go to "System".  You will now have "Developer Options" available, and there are some settings in there play with how apps open (I believe the one I selected was "Force activities to be resizable".

Now for Hunslet's disappearing cursor, I believe if I've read that if you go to Settings->Devices->Mouse and Touchpad and switch "Swap primary mouse button" from left to right that has solved some people's disappearing cursor.  I haven't verified this method, but several on Discord say it's fixed their cursor problem on WGT.

And to whoever said "WGT said they are looking into it"....they have officially said on multiple occasions that they do not support Chromebooks, so if you believe they are actually looking into it I've got a bridge to sell you, lol.

• craigswan
    31,000 Posts
    Wed, Aug 30 2023 12:32 PM

Every second shot or so my avator lines up a drive or a chip the cursor moves from the centre of the fairway or the pin to settle at the feet of my avator .

Why .

Have to line up shot again and thus takes forever to play 9 holes .

Playing laptop . Works fine on my ipad .

• BuckeyeDevil
    1 Posts
    Sun, Sep 24 2023 5:06 AM

This isn't a fix but to make the game more playable, go into settings and get to the accessibility screen, If you hit "highlight the mouse cursor when it is moving" the cursor won't magically appear, but when you move the mouse on the touch pad a little red circle will show you where the mouse is. Basically, the circle becomes your cursor. It is still a little annoying but it works.

RSS