Forums

Help › Forums

CTTH scores

Mon, Jun 19 2023 9:14 AM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • MioKontic
    4,608 Posts
    Thu, Jun 15 2023 4:36 PM

I've seen on a few player's profiles CTTH scores in the 3000-4000 range for 9 holes.  I could think of only 2 possible reasons why anyone would want to do this:

1)  To get rid of unwanted balls.  But these players are doing this regularly, so I don't think it's for balls.  If I wanted to get rid of the balls I would just choose a water hole and put them all into there, so 9 shots would be 9 lost balls.

2)  To get more xp.  I tried a few games, getting different scores (but not so high), but I only got 14 xp every time, so I've figured it's not for xp.

Anyone any other ideas why you'd want to score in the thousands in CTTH?

• Gepetto1958
    4,236 Posts
    Thu, Jun 15 2023 11:13 PM

Several CCs, including ours, sometimes have FTTH for fun (furthest to the hole) with Starter balls of course ;-)

• callaghan159
    6,242 Posts
    Fri, Jun 16 2023 3:21 AM

MioKontic:

I do this to get the quick 5 stars....no real prizes as I can see as I'm not that good at getting ctth.

• 1001jrjr
    419 Posts
    Fri, Jun 16 2023 8:00 AM

Hello, I am not going to go into old stories about myself, but I will tell you that I have played many and many and even more CTTH. Well, I've used the tactic to take notes on holes that are too difficult to just get to that hole as soon as possible to practice it and discard the others. It can happen that you have problems in the last holes, WGT is smart and usually puts the most difficult ones at the end. So I hit the holes that I don't need to practice as soon as possible, so as I said before, I get to the one that I need to discover its secret to face as soon as possible. Obviously this takes a lot of hits to throw away, so you need to have a lot of balls to do it. But that is another story.

Greetings.

sorry for my english

• MioKontic
    4,608 Posts
    Fri, Jun 16 2023 1:32 PM

Thank you for the replies.

callaghan159:

MioKontic:

I do this to get the quick 5 stars....no real prizes as I can see as I'm not that good at getting ctth.

What do you mean by "5 stars"?

1001jrjr:

Hello, I am not going to go into old stories about myself, but I will tell you that I have played many and many and even more CTTH. Well, I've used the tactic to take notes on holes that are too difficult to just get to that hole as soon as possible to practice it and discard the others. It can happen that you have problems in the last holes, WGT is smart and usually puts the most difficult ones at the end. So I hit the holes that I don't need to practice as soon as possible, so as I said before, I get to the one that I need to discover its secret to face as soon as possible. Obviously this takes a lot of hits to throw away, so you need to have a lot of balls to do it. But that is another story.

Greetings.

sorry for my english

But would you be scoring in the 3000-4000 range when doing this?  I still don't see any disadvantage in trying to get close to the hole even for the holes you are't interested in, maybe just take less time in doing the calculations.

• AnaNikolaj
    636 Posts
    Sat, Jun 17 2023 6:32 AM

callaghan159:

MioKontic:

Yep, the rock, 1% power and a click as early as possible. The least time wasted and the ball never leaves the tee box. 

• MioKontic
    4,608 Posts
    Sat, Jun 17 2023 2:07 PM

AnaNikolaj:

Yep, the rock, 1% power and a click as early as possible. The least time wasted and the ball never leaves the tee box. 

So it's purely for CDP you think?

• GreenLaser
    185 Posts
    Sun, Jun 18 2023 6:32 PM

I guess it might just be something else to do on WGT.  This thread prompted me to see how badly I could score on CTTH. I haven't broken 10,000 yet, but I've only tried it three times.

• PAGES
RSS