Help › Forums

How hard can it be wgt unethical

Tue, May 16 2023 6:03 AM (60 replies)
  • Yiannis1970
    3,270 Posts
    Sat, May 13 2023 7:15 AM

SimonTheBeetle:

Very well written, Yiannis! 🍻

Nothing new to you my friend and to all of those who actually play this game for years.

Thank you.

• pmm711
    5,516 Posts
    Sat, May 13 2023 3:35 PM

Yiannis1970:

For how long now Top Golf owns WGT? Is it 3-4 years now?

They purchased indeed a unique product (the only game play which could be described as a golf simulator...with all the issues and bugs and limitations, i am with you. Still was and is a unique product), and what they have done with it?

What short of enchachments did they bring to this unique game? Let's start from the beginning....

Their only main goal (and they were succesful) was to create a wider range of customers. Bring the game to every phone, every i-pad, every non PC device. Every company out there tries to make more money, i have no issues whatsoever with that....the question is at what cost.

Flash died on 31/12/2020 if remember correctly. So, they needed a new platform. The have decided to go with an executable file. All fine till here.

What is not fine is that they have made clear enough their top priority were the mobile players. We had the perfect UI on flash and all of a sudden we see:

Cameras not being there.

Wind and info indications getting way way smaller.

Transparent chat eliminated.

Replays gone.

Graphics like the billboard inside the greens.

and a bunch of less important utilities that were available on flash, but still very useful to people who would like to play a golf game.

What they have brought instead?

They transformed a golf simulation game to an arcade.

They gave us pseudo ''new'' resolutions.

They gave us clothes, hats and shoes that hit the ball at 400 yds.

They invented all sort of gimmicks to ''enchance'' the game. Please someone explain to me what's the main reason of the coins...

As Jure said above, after a million posts and couple of years after they decided to give us back the flash dot speed inside the greens.

If someone does his/her homework and go back onto this forum, will see what i am talking about.

What sort of enchachments did they bring to this wonderful golf game? I mean the golf game...not the hats, not the clothes, to the gimmicks.

Absolutely nada!!

Did they try to remap many many whatever dot mapped courses? NO

Did they bring back the transparent chat box? NO

Did they bring back the cameras on the courses? NO

Did they try to give us more crisps images? NO (i let you know that the original pics of the game is 5K and perhaps higher for the newer courses and we play at 1024 x 768 in 2023)

I can talk for hours and hours...but it's pointless.

Their main goal was and remains to create a product for mobile. Mobile means: Mostly single players (lately have been raised objections about mps/alts, which of course they have been taken care of them), displays with 5-10 inches (so, who cares about the size of indications....everything must be small for mobile use, or who cares about the resolutions if they are true or fake), younger people mostly who do care mostly for the appearance instead of the real game play (replays out, cameras out, chat out, wardrobe in, gimmicks in etc).

I challenge anyone to go back back and search all the updates for the last 3 years (i did) and tell me:

What kind of golf play enchachments did they bring to this game? ( i won't make any examples cause the post is already too long)

This game is oriented towards the mobile players and their small screens. Whatever does not fit there (either as size, either as utility), is discarted instantly. Golfer mentality players are left back. We need the gamers!!!! So, take what we give you or change platform.

+1M....BOOM!!!!!!

• solanna
    688 Posts
    Sun, May 14 2023 11:32 AM

I totally agree with your comments. This is no longer a golf game, it's an arcade game with all the garbage clothes which makes your ball go farther. A lot of our country club tournaments are now with inhancements. Too bad a good game gone to hell.

Erv

• IamNicklaus
    494 Posts
    Sun, May 14 2023 1:22 PM

One thing never changes here... People moaning how the game has gone to hell, yet still continuing to play it. Beggars belief really.

If my fav restaurant had been taken over and the food wasn't as good as it used to be, i would stop eating there   i wouldn't keep returning just so i could moan about it. 

• AnaNikolaj
    634 Posts
    Sun, May 14 2023 3:41 PM

IamNicklaus:

One thing never changes here... People moaning how the game has gone to hell, yet still continuing to play it. Beggars belief really.

If my fav restaurant had been taken over and the food wasn't as good as it used to be, i would stop eating there   i wouldn't keep returning just so i could moan about it. 

You must have not read the posts correctly then. Almost everyone who said the game's gone to hell had also said it's still better than any other golf game. But that doesn't mean it couldn't be (or was) much better than it currently is.

As per your not really on point comparison, mediocre food still beats shitty food (or none at all), when you're hungry. 

• IamNicklaus
    494 Posts
    Sun, May 14 2023 4:04 PM

AnaNikolaj:

IamNicklaus:

You must have not read the posts correctly then. Almost everyone who said the game's gone to hell had also said it's still better than any other golf game. But that doesn't mean it couldn't be (or was) much better than it currently is.

As per your not really on point comparison, mediocre food still beats shitty food (or none at all), when you're hungry. 

Almost everyone eh?..... Actually if you had any comprehension skills then you would realise that i was making a general observation about this place, and the analogy stands up very well. Anyway now the bluebells are dying, it's always nice to capture my first troll of spring, even if it is just the common smug variety. 🙄

• Tabarnak777
    170 Posts
    Sun, May 14 2023 5:46 PM

I don't think WGT will introduce things that will actually bring the game easier. I don't count apparels because this doesn't bring any real money in Live competitions.

There is ways to ''correct'' camera angles without getting a better cam view just by viewing pin position from the screen versus your avatar.

So much had been done and strategies found from a lot of people trying to get better at this game. If your goal is to get better, then you might be frustrated on the long run. Study them, take notes, map everything you can. Nobody became strong at this game without at least doing one or the other.

Good luck!

• AnaNikolaj
    634 Posts
    Mon, May 15 2023 7:43 AM

IamNicklaus:

AnaNikolaj:

IamNicklaus:

Almost everyone eh?..... Actually if you had any comprehension skills then you would realise that i was making a general observation about this place, and the analogy stands up very well. Anyway now the bluebells are dying, it's always nice to capture my first troll of spring, even if it is just the common smug variety. 🙄

🤣🤣🤣 Damn, I really need to set myself a reminder for next year, I completely forgot it was Projection day... 

But I feel your pain and completely understand the need to vent. A part of me was hoping all spring the Gunners wouldn't choke... 

• IamNicklaus
    494 Posts
    Mon, May 15 2023 8:24 AM

AnaNikolaj:
    But I feel your pain and completely understand the need to vent. A part of me was hoping all spring the Gunners wouldn't choke...

It's disappointing for sure,.but I don't view it as a choke. We have a very young side who apart from the unstoppable Man City  have been the best side in the premier league , when a lot of people doubted we would even be top 5 .

Sure we will be stronger next season with some key signings . Plus I did have a nice bet pre season on us at 33/1 which i cashed out a few weeks ago for a good profit , which slightly lessened the groundhog effect.

• AnaNikolaj
    634 Posts
    Mon, May 15 2023 8:40 AM

Good to hear, was always a bit of a fan, albeit from a distance. Perhaps choke was too strong of a word, it was just such a rapid decline in results and form... But yeah, given their youth, the length of the season and the pressure of the public expecting them to finish on top, which none of them ever did before.... it was the human thing to happen. 

RSS