Help › Forums

Release Notes 4/26

Wed, May 10 2023 9:59 AM (29 replies)
  • callaghan159
    6,228 Posts
    Mon, May 8 2023 12:08 PM

WGTNico:
    Alt-shot

This is a major prob for us on PC trying to get a game---almost impossible to get 4.Why? WGT says there are millions playing this game.

• ScottHope
    10,110 Posts
    Mon, May 8 2023 1:10 PM

callaghan159:
    This is a major prob for us on PC trying to get a game---almost impossible to get 4.Why? WGT says there are millions playing this game.

There must be millions of players sitting in a lobby on their own waiting for other people to join, thinking exactly the same thing. 

I guess it's like us sitting in a traffic jam blaming everyone else for the jam that we are helping to create.  8 )

• callaghan159
    6,228 Posts
    Tue, May 9 2023 2:54 AM

ScottHope:

callaghan159:

There must be millions of players sitting in a lobby on their own waiting for other people to join, thinking exactly the same thing. 

I guess it's like us sitting in a traffic jam blaming everyone else for the jam that we are helping to create.  8 )

I dont sit and wait for invite if thats what your thinking. I try starting games and all I get is waiting and more waiting for 4 to join, sometimes I get 3 rather quickly and the 4th never shows up.  I have "friends" on my list that dont respond to a invite when they are green, lol. I got so tired of inviting "green" friends multiple of times with no response I started deleteing them off my list. I dont need "friends" on my friends list for the sake of saying i got "friends". Lol. On the bright side my wife is happy that I am playing less and spending less money and more things are getting done around the house.  Cheers.

• MioKontic
    4,600 Posts
    Tue, May 9 2023 4:41 AM

Nico

Thanks for your replies.  I know about programming and testing environments, I used to be a programmer and software tester, so I understand that not all bugs are picked up in initial testing.  However, I think what frustrates most of us is that some of the changes look like they've never been tested at all; like I said, if the CC tournament creation change had been tested I'm sure the bug would have come up immediately.

With regards the showdown forfeit bug, many players have suggested many thousands of times - make it single player.  I'm sure creating single player mode in coins rooms can't be that difficult a change?  Making showdowns single player would eliminate the bug totally, and it would mean quicker games for those of us for whom 45 seconds is 25 seconds too long!  I could play a full 9 holes in the time it takes some players to do calculations... and they still then play a crap shot!

And finally, I noticed you side-stepped my second paragraph, this one:

MioKontic:
    Also, I see tournament winnings are now shown as credits rather than dollars; after 16 years of it being shown in dollars someone decides that it is more important to make this unimportant and unnecessary change rather than fixing the many bugs that exist, and have existed for a very long time?!?  I know that players probably come into the forum and ask why they can't withdraw their winnings, but the community have always explained that they are only credits winnings, not real dollars.  That same resolution could have easily been continued without the need to make any changes, taking developers away from things that need to be done and long-time bugs to be fixed!  The Earnings Leaderboard is still showing winnings in dollars, so does that mean another unnecessary change is going to be made in the next update, taking even more developers' time away from fixing more improtant bugs that need fixing?

Why was it so important to change dollars to credits, considering it's been like that since day 1, and leaving far more important bugs that need fixing unfixed?  And like I said, you now have an inconsistency with tournament leaderboards showing winnings in credits, and the eagnings leaderboard showing winnings in dollars!

• ScottHope
    10,110 Posts
    Tue, May 9 2023 4:56 AM

I didn't mean that Brian. What I meant was, if you are like me and you start or join a multiplayer game and then sit in the lobby waiting for it to fill, maybe it doesn't fill because everyone else is also in a half empty lobby waiting for it to fill.

• callaghan159
    6,228 Posts
    Tue, May 9 2023 7:36 AM

ScottHope:

I didn't mean that Brian. What I meant was, if you are like me and you start or join a multiplayer game and then sit in the lobby waiting for it to fill, maybe it doesn't fill because everyone else is also in a half empty lobby waiting for it to fill.

Ok, I misunderstood what you meant. I reread what you said and it makes sense now. My bad there.😂😂

• AnaNikolaj
    635 Posts
    Tue, May 9 2023 11:57 AM

MioKontic:
    Why was it so important to change dollars to credits, considering it's been like that since day 1,

Mio, just wondering where you came across this change and what exactly do you mean by this. Cause I haven't seen anything different yet... 

• MioKontic
    4,600 Posts
    Wed, May 10 2023 1:16 AM

AnaNikolaj:

Mio, just wondering where you came across this change and what exactly do you mean by this. Cause I haven't seen anything different yet... 

It's like this for all tournaments and RG's.  I see you only tend to play bracket tournaments; winnings aren't shown in bracket tournaments so you won't have seen any change, but if you take a look at my profile (or anyone else's who has played the weekly/monthly tournaments or RG's) and click on a finished tournament you will see winnings now showing in credits rather than dollars.

Does the change make much difference?  No it doesn't, but my point was that they are wasting valuable development time making unnecessary changes when it could be spent fixing important bugs, bugs which may not be important to them, but they are very important to the playerbase.

• AnaNikolaj
    635 Posts
    Wed, May 10 2023 9:59 AM

MioKontic:

AnaNikolaj:

It's like this for all tournaments and RG's.  I see you only tend to play bracket tournaments; winnings aren't shown in bracket tournaments so you won't have seen any change, but if you take a look at my profile (or anyone else's who has played the weekly/monthly tournaments or RG's) and click on a finished tournament you will see winnings now showing in credits rather than dollars.

Does the change make much difference?  No it doesn't, but my point was that they are wasting valuable development time making unnecessary changes when it could be spent fixing important bugs, bugs which may not be important to them, but they are very important to the playerbase.

I see what you mean now. A funny thing about the RGs though, when you access the results through player score history, the prizes are shown in credits... But when you click on the RG page, then select closed tournaments, and click on any tourney, that's been there for over 12 hours (therefore paid out), the prizes are still shown in dollars. That's what I did, when I read your 1st post and consequently had to ask what you were talking about 😉

RSS