Forums

Help › Forums

Release Notes 4/26

Wed, May 10 2023 9:59 AM (29 replies)
  • SamSpayed
    4,901 Posts
    Tue, May 2 2023 10:23 PM

okiechuck:

I am at my wits end over this delay starting of the CC tournaments. I've been playing and hosting CC tournament since 2011 and never had a problem with a tourney starting when I click "OK" after setting one up. Maybe if someone could explain the need to have the tourney start some 19 hours later, I am a reasonable man and would try to understand. But for what I can see, it appears that someone was needing a few programming hours and this is what they came up with. 

Does anyone else find this a foolish a venture

Cheers

I'm with you on this one, Chuck.  We've lived without this delayed-start feature for years without complaint.  Don't see a need for it, and can't remember anyone here in the Forums (or in Discord) clamoring for it.  And it's not working right anyway.

• okiechuck
    6,454 Posts
    Tue, May 2 2023 10:36 PM

True that, Sam. What I can't figure out, with so many other things that need looking into, why bother with something utterly useless. Like I said, maybe some programmer padding the programming hours. Please Nico, be the voice of reason and do away with delayed CC tourney starts

Cheers

• FuturaUK
    1,364 Posts
    Tue, May 2 2023 10:50 PM

Thank you Scott...

I spoke with my club member .. explained how he checks for updates on his Tablet... he managed to 'find it' on the 2nd attempt, uploaded the update, and he is now able to join the rest of the club members when we play our weekly skins game!

Thanks again pal.

Kind regards

Les ..aka FuturaUK

• WGTNico
    619 Posts
    Wed, May 3 2023 1:06 PM

okiechuck:

I am at my wits end over this delay starting of the CC tournaments. I've been playing and hosting CC tournament since 2011 and never had a problem with a tourney starting when I click "OK" after setting one up. Maybe if someone could explain the need to have the tourney start some 19 hours later, I am a reasonable man and would try to understand. But for what I can see, it appears that someone was needing a few programming hours and this is what they came up with. 

Cheers

There is a current bug where you cannot enter Country Club tournaments set to starting now via the webpage and it gives you the "Starts in ____." We're aware of that bug and are working on it. For the meantime, you can either a) wait for that timer to countdown and enter via the website then eventually play it when you feel like it or b) just open the game, enter the tournament and play it immediately. 

Regarding CC tournaments where you can set them to start at midnight, being able to create and have CC tournaments scheduled ahead of time was actually a requested feature by quite a few users as a convenience tool for those that create their CC tournaments. So you can use that option if you want to, or you can stick with having them start immediately which does still work in the game and you can enter and tee off immediately. There's just that bug on the website as I've said

• AnaNikolaj
    634 Posts
    Wed, May 3 2023 3:13 PM

WGTNico:

okiechuck:

Cheers

There is a current bug where you cannot enter Country Club tournaments set to starting now via the webpage and it gives you the "Starts in ____." We're aware of that bug and are working on it. For the meantime, you can either a) wait for that timer to countdown and enter via the website then eventually play it when you feel like it or b) just open the game, enter the tournament and play it immediately. 

Regarding CC tournaments where you can set them to start at midnight, being able to create and have CC tournaments scheduled ahead of time was actually a requested feature by quite a few users as a convenience tool for those that create their CC tournaments. So you can use that option if you want to, or you can stick with having them start immediately which does still work in the game and you can enter and tee off immediately. There's just that bug on the website as I've said

Nico, as was said in that other thread in the bug log, the same 9 hour delay is in effect for tourneys, that are set to start at midnight, not just the "immediate ones. Instead of 9 am my time (midnight PST), I was only able to enter at 6 pm my time. 

• okiechuck
    6,454 Posts
    Wed, May 3 2023 3:30 PM

Thanks for the reply and somewhat of an explanation. But after decades of being able to have posted CC tournaments ready to play when you are, was simpler to do than trying to reinvent the wheel. I would appreciate the chance to have such a voice in the future "dreams"  of such useless endeavors. As a Club owner, I have the responsibility of explaining  these ridiculous changes to my Membership. Many have said they will just avoid CC tourneys all together. I would suggest WGT would get the Raid out and fix this Bug you speak of.as soon as possible.

• okiechuck
    6,454 Posts
    Fri, May 5 2023 4:54 PM

I was told by someone in another that you are working on the Bugs on the delayed starting times. May I suggest, instead of trying to fix the bugs, just do away with this ignorant addition that we haven't had a need for in decades. Being able to start the tourneys immediately allows for planning by knowing when they will end. Now I'm just speaking about PC computers and not mobiles. Please concentrate on the real issues that do need fixing and stop trying to reinventing the wheel for the rest of the games.

Cheers

• MioKontic
    4,591 Posts
    Sat, May 6 2023 1:23 PM

WGTNico:
    There is a current bug where you cannot enter Country Club tournaments set to starting now via the webpage

Nico

How did this bug manifest itself in the last update?  And surely if any testing at all had been done on creating CC tournaments this would have been noticed, and removed from the release!!!  Had any testing been done?  Even a single test of creating of a CC tournament to start immediately would have shown this error!

Also, I see tournament winnings are now shown as credits rather than dollars; after 16 years of it being shown in dollars someone decides that it is more important to make this unimportant and unnecessary change rather than fixing the many bugs that exist, and have existed for a very long time?!?  I know that players probably come into the forum and ask why they can't withdraw their winnings, but the community have always explained that they are only credits winnings, not real dollars.  That same resolution could have easily been continued without the need to make any changes, taking developers away from things that need to be done and long-time bugs to be fixed!  The Earnings Leaderboard is still showing winnings in dollars, so does that mean another unnecessary change is going to be made in the next update, taking even more developers' time away from fixing more improtant bugs that need fixing?

Can you please give an update on what is happening with the showdown forfeit bug, is it still being looked at?  And if not, why not?  Maybe it's not an important bug to you all at WGT, but it is a very important bug to those of us who play the game and get hit with 3 bogeys!

And what about the multiplayer chat bug that Hardwick1 has asked about for a while now (and has been around ever since we moved away from Flash), is that on the radar to be fixed?  Again, if not, why not?  It is an incredibly frustrating bug when playing multiplayer games.  Let me guess - it doesn't bring in any income?

• okiechuck
    6,454 Posts
    Sun, May 7 2023 10:56 PM

MioKontic, that was about well said as I've seen. If we are ever in the same neighborhood, I would be proud to buy a pint or twenty.

Cheers Mate

• WGTNico
    619 Posts
    Mon, May 8 2023 11:10 AM

MioKontic:
    How did this bug manifest itself in the last update?  And surely if any testing at all had been done on creating CC tournaments this would have been noticed, and removed from the release!!!  Had any testing been done?  Even a single test of creating of a CC tournament to start immediately would have shown this error!

bugs happen in every game and as much as we test, there are things that can always arise that we don't expect or occur when things go from our testing environment to the live game which is often what happens when newer bugs come out post updates. Especially when there's a massive difference in users in our test environment compared to how many are on the live part of the game/website. At least for this specific CC bug issue, you can just enter via the app/game.

MioKontic:
    Can you please give an update on what is happening with the showdown forfeit bug, is it still being looked at?  And if not, why not?  Maybe it's not an important bug to you all at WGT, but it is a very important bug to those of us who play the game and get hit with 3 bogeys!

after every showdown, I send some reports to update the ticket, but we do not have anything concrete. For what it's worth, I'm pretty sure the larger issue is forfeits as a whole that causes issues. I personally think if we can fix or at least improve issues with forfeiting in the coin rooms it will help the showdown bogey issue.

MioKontic:
    And what about the multiplayer chat bug that Hardwick1 has asked about for a while now (and has been around ever since we moved away from Flash), is that on the radar to be fixed?  Again, if not, why not?  It is an incredibly frustrating bug when playing multiplayer games.  Let me guess - it doesn't bring in any income?

Since our work on Alt-shot mobile has begun, it's an issue in which we can and are now looking into

RSS