Forums

Help › Forums

Unable to Edit clubs since rental period ended.

rated by 0 users
Thu, Apr 13 2023 1:04 AM (8 replies)
  • BillyMayfair
    4,630 Posts
    Tue, Apr 11 2023 11:53 AM

this past weekend I rented a driver (Titleist TS2) and irons (Calloway Paradyme L10)  Obviously the rental period is over, however...

When I try to play the game I get this message

However when I click to "Remove Club" I show that I have equipped my regular driver which is the TM Sim2 L99 driver.

...and please note that on the left column IRONS does not even appear giving me no option to delete the Paradyme irons and go back to my regular irons.

Looking at my profile page, it's showing both the TS2 and the Paradyme irons in my bag,

however if I click on "EDIT EQUIPMENT" it takes me back to the game client page and the process begins again...

Please advise how to fix this, so I can get my old clubs back and play a game.

Wayne (BillyMayfair)

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Tue, Apr 11 2023 1:17 PM

Okay, my experimental putter rental has now ended, so I can share what I did to get my normal club selection back after the rental was removed and left me without a putter.

If you look at the picture below you'll see I have no putter after the rental one was removed, but I now have a hybrid (left pane) inserted by WGT. I clicked on the hybrid and went through each of my wedges to find one that I could insert there instead.

Once I had done that, see below. I clicked on the lob wedge (left pane) where my putter would normally be (above the ball)...

...and selected my usual putter from the selection in the centre pane and equipped that, see below...

...once I had my putter equipped, everything was back as it should be. See below...

Hope that helps.

The only conclusion I can draw from this is, if your clubs are messed up after a rental, go through each of your club slots (in green below) checking the centre panel (in red below) for the club/s you are missing and then click on them in the centre panel and equip them using the pane on the right (in blue below).

• BillyMayfair
    4,630 Posts
    Tue, Apr 11 2023 11:51 PM

Scott..it did help.  Found my irons lurking down in one of my wedge slots (can't remember exactly which one).  equipped them and lo and behold the "irons" appeared in the left hand column.  Then as you mentioned, went back and replaced the hybrid with the wedge I had just deleted, and was good to go.  The driver was never the issue, even though that's what kept popping up as the one I needed to replace.

Thanks for the tip.

Wayne (BillyMayfair)

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Wed, Apr 12 2023 1:23 AM

Cheers Wayne, glad you got it sorted.  ; )

Following on from this daft situation, I kept getting a pop up, every time I fired up the game, prompting me to purchase the putter I rented (no screen shot, sorry), even though the rental period had ended. Wanting to get rid of this pop up, I clicked on the 'buy now' button, hoping it might take me to a purchase confirmation screen which I could deny, but no, the purchase went straight through without even asking if I was sure, damn it.

Time for an email to WGT...

• BillyMayfair
    4,630 Posts
    Wed, Apr 12 2023 9:01 AM

LOL.. I thought about doing that...but luckily I didn't.   I'm sure the benevolent folks at WGT will be more than glad to refund your purchase...???

...now that things appear to be back to "normal",  I too am getting the "recommendation" to purchase as well, but I can close it and continue with no issues.

Good Luck

Wayne (BillyMayfair)

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Wed, Apr 12 2023 9:18 AM

Thanks Wayne, I hope my credits will be refunded too, but it's only 120 so no great loss if not.

I hope your pop up stops 'popping up' after a while, bit of a nuisance if it doesn't.  : (

• callaghan159
    6,220 Posts
    Wed, Apr 12 2023 12:54 PM

ScottHope:
    I hope your pop up stops 'popping up' after a while, bit of a nuisance if it doesn't.  : (

Last time I rented any club it was a long time ago and yes it will eventually end with the pop up. It may take a couple days. Cheers

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Wed, Apr 12 2023 2:03 PM

Thanks Brian. Guess it's nice to have it available for a little longer if you were unsure about purchasing immediately after your rental to save some credits.  ; )

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Thu, Apr 13 2023 1:04 AM

My credits have now been refunded. Thank you very much WGT.  ; )

RSS