Forums

Help › Forums

Showdown Total what's it mean

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jul 30 2023 3:07 AM (8 replies)
  • couchpot
    919 Posts
    Sat, Mar 25 2023 5:14 AM

With the current showdown, it shows the Holes Completed vs Par and then Total.

Can someone please explain that more to me?

1.Is it good to have completed more holes or less?

2.Is it good to have a low Total or higher?

3. If I am below the cut off line but have not completed as many holes as others - should I play the other holes or not?

• PureGro1
    1,655 Posts
    Sat, Mar 25 2023 5:58 AM

couchpot:

3. If I am below the cut off line but have not completed as many holes as others - should I play the other holes or not?

Total is # of holes to complete Showdown, Holes completed is how many of that Total you have completed.

You need to finish all 18 holes to complete the showdown- so YES to #3

• couchpot
    919 Posts
    Sat, Mar 25 2023 6:02 AM

Thanks.  I had just figured that and came to delete the post but I appreciate your reply

• AnaNikolaj
    634 Posts
    Sat, Mar 25 2023 7:31 AM

Ji

PureGro1:

couchpot:

Total is # of holes to complete Showdown, Holes completed is how many of that Total you have completed.

Actually, it shows how many strokes one's taken thus far under TOTAL... 

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Sat, Mar 25 2023 11:28 AM

PureGro1:

actually you don't. but it depends on the person. if a person is comfortably within the cut line of the elimination round, and can absord 3 bogies they can still qualify and advance to the final round without playing all 18 holes.

if you reach the finals - and you stand no chance of advancing further - or cracking the top 25 or top 15 - then again - you could simply save the time and effort - receive bogies and you still receive essentially same type of prizes if you complete the round because the differences in the bottom half of the leaderboard are only marginally different.

some people won't even play or forget to play the final round at all - and they still receive their free ball for reaching the finals from what I have seen. 

• callaghan159
    6,220 Posts
    Sun, Mar 26 2023 5:07 AM

totally different topic, but how is one suppose to achieve apparel when in current showdown I got at least 12 "max" apparel boxes. Pisses me off. Yea, I know you are suppose to get coins but that doesnt help me earn apparel unless wgt starts letting us buy apparel using coins. This problem has been around for a long time but this is the worse for me I have ever seen. Thats my rant for today. Lol. Cheers

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,497 Posts
    Sun, Mar 26 2023 11:22 AM

⇧⇧ This seems a reasonable demand rather than a rant to me. ⇧⇧

callaghan159:

totally different topic, but how is one suppose to achieve apparel when in current showdown I got at least 12 "max" apparel boxes. Pisses me off. 

So I wasn't the only one going through this after all. (Should I say "glad to know it"? LOL) This is extremely frustrating especially when the only reason why you play in coin rooms is to get points necessary to max out all apparels. Yeah, I've got coins more than enough, don't need them but apparel points.

callaghan159:

Yea, I know you are suppose to get coins but that doesnt help me earn apparel unless wgt starts letting us buy apparel using coins. This problem has been around for a long time but this is the worse for me I have ever seen. Thats my rant for today. Lol. Cheers

I'm 100% with you, Brian. Cheers.

• couchpot
    919 Posts
    Sat, Jul 29 2023 7:14 PM

Agreed

• callaghan159
    6,220 Posts
    Sun, Jul 30 2023 3:07 AM

callaghan159:
    got at least 12 "max" apparel boxes.

Not playing the current showdown for this reason...wgt's loss. Cheers

RSS