Forums

Help › Forums

Pro Shop Changes Coming 3/28

Tue, Jun 6 2023 11:15 AM (42 replies)
  • rdodge
    95 Posts
    Wed, Mar 29 2023 8:20 AM

Top Golf doubled the price of my ball , so i'll use up my inventory then play with a rock. Top Golf was making a little money from me now they will get none.  It also means i won't be as eager to play more than 1 game a day.

• craigswan
    31,048 Posts
    Wed, Mar 29 2023 9:04 AM
    The rock ball lives . I alway use it . If your a real golfer you can adjust .
  • TySrixon13
    143 Posts
    Wed, Mar 29 2023 9:36 AM

I looked and found none of the GI2-SD2 balls available...was a nice option have :(

Robert

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,524 Posts
    Wed, Mar 29 2023 10:11 AM

I just went through the "new" balls in the pro shop and...

this gotta be called "sucker's ball" LOL

https://www.wgt.com/proshop/golf-balls/wgt-slow_meter_balls.aspx?i=9f54aaff-30ca-41e1-a1f9-0865efc9f351

Take a look at it yourself, the price & the spec it offers in comparison with others. I couldn't help but chuckle.

• Lesthanpar
    1,451 Posts
    Wed, Mar 29 2023 10:22 AM

rdodge:

Top Golf doubled the price of my ball , so i'll use up my inventory then play with a rock. Top Golf was making a little money from me now they will get none.

I see your point, especially when you figure in how much it actually costs them to produce these virtual golf balls!

• AlaskanDame
    19,029 Posts
    Wed, Mar 29 2023 10:56 AM

MarchieB:

Lesthanpar:
    Rebranded is really just a way of raising the prices without saying we are just raising the prices. I stocked up on the cheap balls I use thanks to this notification anyway so thanks again for the notification.

You were lucky to get the notice and stock up  … they removed a bunch of the “sponsored” balls last month with no notice and now they seem to have ALL disappeared!!??  
    I’m sure it’s just a glitch but after this I will not be surprised at all if they return with a WGT “rebranding” mark up in price 😖

+ 1000.

Yes, I am still whining about my ALLIANZ balls,  and Morangie.  Notice would have been nice,

• bossbird
    2,196 Posts
    Wed, Mar 29 2023 10:58 AM

My regular ball to play amongst friends was the WGT bxd red was 14 credits , now renamed and costing 23 credits. I started using this ball when I was getting just about every day a goal to make a purchase in the pro shop . Now I will just stop with all the goals , suits me !

• MarchieB
    1,526 Posts
    Wed, Mar 29 2023 11:05 AM

AlaskanDame:
    Yes, I am still whining about my ALLIANZ balls,  and Morangie.  Notice would have been nice,

I was using the Allianz balls too as my “cheap” coin room ball. I just went looking and the  Srixon XV's are the same specs (200cr/reg & 225cr/vapor) so it’s not too bad.

• SamSpayed
    4,911 Posts
    Wed, Mar 29 2023 12:30 PM

SimonTheBeetle:

https://www.wgt.com/proshop/golf-balls/wgt-slow_meter_balls.aspx?i=9f54aaff-30ca-41e1-a1f9-0865efc9f351

Take a look at it yourself, the price & the spec it offers in comparison with others. I couldn't help but chuckle.

I noticed that too.  There's definitely a stupidity tax built into the price of that one.

For comparison:

You can get a ball with more spin, more durability, and a slower meter speed for 25 credits less.

• Lesthanpar
    1,451 Posts
    Wed, Mar 29 2023 1:11 PM

SamSpayed:

SimonTheBeetle:

I noticed that too.  There's definitely a stupidity tax built into the price of that one.

For comparison:

You can get a ball with more spin, more durability, and a slower meter speed for 25 credits less.

This makes no sense but other things they did make no sense as well. The cost of the BXD and BES was 10 credits. But the BES cost slightly more because it has less durability. So now by doubling the cost of the distance ball and raising it 5 credits for the spin ball the distance ball is the one that costs slightly more now. I guess they were trying to even it out with durability being less on the BES ball but it still makes no sense to me. The more a ball costs the better it plays is the theory I guess from the bottom of the line up to the top.

RSS