Forums

Help › Forums

I guess nominating would be a cause for probation???

Tue, Mar 28 2023 8:04 AM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • gonfission
    2,230 Posts
    Sat, Mar 25 2023 8:06 PM

SamSpayed:
      I can imagine that people whose basic disposition is generally positive (the glass-half-full people) might tend to have a rosy retrospection

I can remeber metal wheeled skateboards and metal wheeled rollor skates & keys for said...

Only the rich kids had the new neoprene wheels

SamSpayed:
    while those with a negative disposition (the Grumpy Cats of the world) might tend to remember the worst things.

Lost my baby toe to that board. Well, the asphalt really

What's that? About 20 grit

Some of us put things into perspective

Good  Bad

Evil Riteous

These are concepts, & constructs of mind control, as well as Normal

Some one please tell me where "Normality " is, I'm begging Y'all

Normal for Gates, is sure not my normal, & I'ld bet my life on it, it's not yours either

So, who's NORMALITY are we suposed to emulate to be considered NORMAL?

Anyone ?????????     Crickets   """"""""""   """"""""""

I like Dolly Partons kinda crazy..... "It's mighty expensive to look this cheap"

That should hang over the hallowed hallways of congress now, & into perpetuity 

• PureGro1
    1,656 Posts
    Sun, Mar 26 2023 6:51 AM

SamSpayed:
    I wonder, though, how much of what they call "rosy retrospection" is something that's influenced by a person's basic disposition.

I would guess a large part is due to that, A favorite quote? I heard a longggg time ago...

(I guess its attributed to Einstein, I didn't know that until now- probably heard this when I was 19 or so while I was an Auto Tech) 

"Negative people can find a problem for every solution you offer them."

• craigswan
    30,983 Posts
    Sun, Mar 26 2023 9:22 AM
    Using a microwave oven can reduce your wi-fi signal strength.. I'm positive .
  • craigswan
    30,983 Posts
    Sun, Mar 26 2023 9:33 AM
    Having talked to a few members about the fading forum participation i find they are turned off by all the slagging and bringing people down that regularly happens on here . To such an extend some have run away or come on here very infrequently . Good for them i say . More class than others .
  • craigswan
    30,983 Posts
    Sun, Mar 26 2023 9:43 AM
    Take Henry and Paul meeting in real life . In days gone past that would have been welcomed by the community but now nobody even acknowledged the meeting .
  • ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Sun, Mar 26 2023 9:52 AM

craigswan:
    Take Henry and Paul meeting in real life . In days gone past that would have been welcomed by the community but now nobody even acknowledged the meeting .

I'm not certain that Henry and Paul are the best examples to use. Although I personally like both of them (begrudgingly at times...lol), they each have built up a lot of ill will in the forum. 

...just a thought

ct

ps: Craig, you and I seem to have built up "ill will" with some posters as well. I'm pretty certain nobody would care if we went for a beer together.

• SamSpayed
    4,901 Posts
    Sun, Mar 26 2023 1:26 PM

craigswan:

This is not true.  You, me and Colin all congratulated them in Paul's VOTSCC thread when we found out.

• craigswan
    30,983 Posts
    Sun, Mar 26 2023 4:22 PM
    What i meant was three people writing about the meet between paul and henry . In days gone by that would have been in double figures . We are the good guys really colin , sam , etc .
  • PureGro1
    1,656 Posts
    Mon, Mar 27 2023 7:17 AM

craigswan:
    What i meant was three people writing about the meet between paul and henry . In days gone by that would have been in double figures

I dunno about years past...I think Colin is right that it has more to do with those two than it does about other people.

Henry IMO- trolled this board for a long time, humorously IMO but not everyone gets the joke...Paul is prickly and even agreeing with him will end in a long diatribe back and forth.

I dont follow/read every thread here, nor would i even know what to say to them meeting? "Good they met?"

craigswan:
    We are the good guys really colin , sam , etc .

It takes quite a bit of hubris, with a dash of narcisiam to declare yourself or others as good or bad- I would also say that rarely does a good person need to announce that they are in fact the good one.

In a conflict, each side sees itself as good and justified and the enemy as evil. In fact, you can argue that the only real thing that differentiates a protagonist from an antagonist is that someone is taking the protagonist’s side and showing his or her justifications rather than the justifications of the antagonist.

In a conflict, the enemy is painted to seem horrible. 

WWII - American propaganda shows a swastika-bearing boot crushing a church, or a swastika-bearing arm stabbing a dagger through the Bible. Meanwhile, the *** were painting Hitler as a Christ-like figure wearing a cross and bearing a sword to vanquish the evil dragons representing Germany’s enemies.

• craigswan
    30,983 Posts
    Tue, Mar 28 2023 8:04 AM
    Then again - Some people start sneezing during sexual activity. This condition is called HONEYMOON RHINITIS..
  • PAGES
RSS