Let’s beat a dead horse.

Wed, Jan 24 2024 10:39 PM (28 replies)
  • Tabarnak777
    170 Posts
    Fri, Sep 22 2023 4:08 PM

Not playing expert/veteran showdown : L93

Playing Veteran showdown : L47

Playing Expert showdown : L87

Getting good results in showdowns will let you infinite free balls.

• Lesthanpar
    1,449 Posts
    Fri, Sep 22 2023 11:24 PM

mega1byte:

They are good balls tis true

performance / costs

Mega

This is true. One can have just as much fun playing much lower cost balls like I see you have in your bag now. Whatever ball you play you have to learn it and know your distances with it. Often, I see people playing top end balls that don't even know how to play them. Premium balls for a non-premium player makes no sense at all.

• Tony08888
    567 Posts
    Sat, Jan 20 2024 8:41 PM

Why the Callaway 33 is still my favorite ball one year later.

https://youtu.be/Sn1p4R8I5TM?si=EC5MTM8mVWPJC-YI

• happynappy2
    9 Posts
    Sun, Jan 21 2024 5:24 PM

Are there ways to tell how many hits each ball gets?

• Yiannis1970
    3,270 Posts
    Mon, Jan 22 2024 4:52 AM

Around 120 putts excluded. Putting from the finge does count as stroke though.

• BlackBogey
    278 Posts
    Mon, Jan 22 2024 10:46 AM

Yiannis is correct for 2.5 durability balls @ 120, I think I've read 2.0 and less have about 90-100.

Putts from green are excluded, putts from fringe count.  Mulligans count 2 hits (the original hit plus the mulligan) from anywhere, even on the green. 

I've also read on here (not sure if its been confirmed) that "Gimme's" and "Conceded" putts also take a stroke off your ball, which makes no sense since putts from the green don't take any.  If that's the case, you would be better off at the start of a MP or Alt Shot round to inform your playing partners you'd just prefer to putt everything out.

• Yiannis1970
    3,270 Posts
    Mon, Jan 22 2024 11:29 AM

BlackBogey:

I've also read on here (not sure if its been confirmed) that "Gimme's" and "Conceded" putts also take a stroke off your ball, which makes no sense since putts from the green don't take any.  If that's the case, you would be better off at the start of a MP or Alt Shot round to inform your playing partners you'd just prefer to putt everything out.

Never heard of that before but you gave me some ''homework'' to do...i will report back.

• AnaNikolaj
    634 Posts
    Mon, Jan 22 2024 1:50 PM

Yiannis1970:

BlackBogey:

Never heard of that before but you gave me some ''homework'' to do...i will report back.

From what I've heard, taking gimmes does take a hit off the ball, but conceded putts do not. 

• Yiannis1970
    3,270 Posts
    Tue, Jan 23 2024 12:36 AM

Yesterday i tried out Titleist 40s. No ccs at all.

116 strokes.

Today, we gonna try the cc theory.

• Yiannis1970
    3,270 Posts
    Tue, Jan 23 2024 2:48 PM

BlackBogey:

I've also read on here (not sure if its been confirmed) that "Gimme's" and "Conceded" putts also take a stroke off your ball.

I can confirm the above FAKE news my friend BlackBogey, cause it does not happen. I have the proof on 2 videos. One with all putts made and the next one with all putts cced. On the first case i had 116 strokes and on the second case 120.

RSS