Forums

Help › Forums

Let’s beat a dead horse.

Wed, Jan 24 2024 10:39 PM (28 replies)
  • Tony08888
    564 Posts
    Sun, Jan 29 2023 12:25 PM

The question has been asked so many times and for sure many more times to come, so I thought it deserves a fresh thread.

The question being… Which is the best ball for the money? There are a lot of good opinions out there with good logic to back them all up.

Anyone who knows me, knows the Callaway 33 is my favorite ball. Hell, I wrote a poem about the Callaway 33 somewhere in these forums.

I made a video this morning about the pros and cons of this ball and how to navigate around some of its limitations. (Also about the importance of mapping your club/ball combination. But that is for another thread.)

The video is geared toward players who can only afford inexpensive balls and are looking for the best bang for the buck. You do not have to spend $10 on a sleeve of balls to play well. 250 credits a sleeve is just in range for those who watch videos for credits.

I hope this sheds some light on why this is my favorite ball and why in my opinion this is the best ball for the money.

All input is welcome and we all know there are a few here that can’t help themselves anyways. 😄. 

unnamed

https://youtube.com/watch?v=sxoHS2uFJ6o&si=EnSIkaIECMiOmarE

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,502 Posts
    Sun, Jan 29 2023 1:03 PM

Just like any other magnificent stuff, it's very simple :

The one that suits you the best! :)

Cheers, Tony. Well done.

• Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Sun, Jan 29 2023 1:52 PM

Great video Tony, well done pal.

• Babzilla33
    909 Posts
    Sun, Jan 29 2023 10:10 PM

TONY, YOU’RE AWESOME

• Tony08888
    564 Posts
    Mon, Jan 30 2023 3:01 AM

Thanks fellas. This always seems to be a question asked when players are either coming up and full of questions or an experienced player that plays often and loves the game but doesn’t have the means to pay for higher end balls and is looking for the best ball possible for the money. I thought a visual might help versus just opinions. For a dollar more you can move up from sponsored balls with a 2 distance, 2 meter, & 2.5 spin to a 3 distance, 2.5 meter, & 3.5 spin to get better control. Obviously the video is not meant for those with the means to play with whatever balls they want.

• jimmiespencer
    254 Posts
    Mon, Jan 30 2023 4:45 AM

Nice job Tony 🤴

Love the video and voice over! 👍

• Babzilla33
    909 Posts
    Wed, Feb 1 2023 12:31 AM

Tony could sell a pen to a blind person with that voice over. 

• Tony08888
    564 Posts
    Wed, Feb 1 2023 5:31 AM

Lol. Definitely not a salesman. I found a voice over app to use since my voice is almost impossible to understand unless you are from the deep South, way up yonder ways, out in the woods, and up in the mountains.

We have to pipe in sunlight out here. ;)

• Tony08888
    564 Posts
    Fri, Sep 22 2023 7:04 AM

Bringing this thread back with a video of scoring a 52 using a Callaway 33 ball. Conditions were just right for a lower spin setup. So, if you're a newbie or anyone on the hunt for a wallet-friendly ball that still plays great, this one's worth checking out. You can also find more successful games with the Callaway 33 on my channel.

https://youtu.be/ND1VbDp72wc

• mega1byte
    769 Posts
    Fri, Sep 22 2023 3:58 PM

They are good balls tis true

performance / costs

Mega

RSS