Forums

Help › Forums

Driver Upgrade

Wed, Jan 25 2023 12:45 PM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Mightymousemv
    593 Posts
    Fri, Nov 4 2022 12:48 AM

Hi, I’m close to reaching Level 94 which gives me the opportunity to upgrade my driver. Presently I have the Level 90 Taylor Made Stealth and was looking at the Level 94 Calloway Rogue Max. I see in the specs there is only 2 yards difference and the meter speed lil better. My question is are the yardage increase listed accurate and other than the meter speed would it be worth spending the credits? Thanks in advance. }}}

• Mightymousemv
    593 Posts
    Sun, Nov 6 2022 1:09 AM

Thank you 🙏 

• ArchieBunker85
    61 Posts
    Sun, Nov 6 2022 6:37 AM

The distance difference between the "good" drivers and "best" drivers in this game is basically irrelevant imo. Apparently I'm not the only one that feels that way because some of the best players on wgt still use the same driver I do. Lvl 85 calloway with 282 distance. It has significantly better meter speed than either of those drivers. I'd have to rent the titleist driver when I unlock it to know for sure but I see no reason to spend that many credits for what seems to be very little return. I've beaten plenty of people in coin games that have that driver and the high end titleist balls. They're bombing it by me off the tees, they've got insane backspin on all their approaches, yet I'm taking their coins with my "inferior" driver and lowly lvl 33 calloway balls. Makes me smile everytime lol.

• YouLostToALoser
    190 Posts
    Tue, Jan 10 2023 12:58 AM

ArchieBunker85:

The distance difference between the "good" drivers and "best" drivers in this game is basically irrelevant imo. Apparently I'm not the only one that feels that way because some of the best players on wgt still use the same driver I do. Lvl 85 calloway with 282 distance. It has significantly better meter speed than either of those drivers. I'd have to rent the titleist driver when I unlock it to know for sure but I see no reason to spend that many credits for what seems to be very little return. I've beaten plenty of people in coin games that have that driver and the high end titleist balls. They're bombing it by me off the tees, they've got insane backspin on all their approaches, yet I'm taking their coins with my "inferior" driver and lowly lvl 33 calloway balls. Makes me smile everytime lol.

Think many ‘high level’ players with the Titleist 291 driver and 87 balls only play coin rooms as a change.

I’m only a Tour Legend, L101, and play mainly tournaments. I use the coin rooms to try stuff out, différant shots etc and just for a change, and help my cc out. I couldn’t care less about the coins...I have millions.

Tournements however are my target, but since i’ve been off the tips for most of my time playing (took 4 months), I am just getting everything in place, equipment, nice amount of credits to keep me in balls and most importantly, practicing and experimenting. 

Glad it gives you satisfaction beating higher ranked players with better balls, but for many that I have come across, coin rooms and coins are meaningless and just a way to have variety and obviously help the CC. Also, having the Swing Edge cap gives my driver 307yds from normal 287yds, so it is something différant just to mess about when not playing well and need a break from playing Tournements. 

Sure many do take off hem seriously, but none i’ve played with in my small circle of high ranking players in my ‘friends’.

Ps  I used the Callaway 33 to get to Legend btw, great ball. But need something longer to compete at the top now, so use the TPS92...cheapest high end ball with good distance and spin.

• i1488
    44 Posts
    Wed, Jan 11 2023 9:59 AM

YouLostToALoser:

ArchieBunker85:

I use the coin rooms to try stuff out, différant shots etc and just for a change, and help my cc out. I couldn’t care less about the coins...I have millions.

As a fairly new player that has become quite attached to this game, the coin rooms are my place to learn the game.  So anyone out there that wants to donate any of your millions of coins my way, I say Thank You in advance.  

• AlvaroGil1
    37 Posts
    Thu, Jan 12 2023 8:15 AM

My Titleist's say your 33 Calloways are inferior and your coins are now mine.

• AlvaroGil1
    37 Posts
    Thu, Jan 12 2023 8:23 AM

Tournaments are meaningless. Coin rooms are quick fun.

• Duphpherer
    440 Posts
    Thu, Jan 12 2023 1:25 PM

Mightymousemv:

Hi, I’m close to reaching Level 94 which gives me the opportunity to upgrade my driver. Presently I have the Level 90 Taylor Made Stealth and was looking at the Level 94 Calloway Rogue Max. I see in the specs there is only 2 yards difference and the meter speed lil better. My question is are the yardage increase listed accurate and other than the meter speed would it be worth spending the credits? Thanks in advance.

For what it's worth, I waited til L96 and bought the Rogue Driver which, to me, is better than both those pictured.

My woods, irons and wedges all have the same meter speed and my old foggy brain appreciates it. 

• PAGES
RSS