Forums

Help › Forums

Haunted Showdown - 3 Bogies Still Not Addressed

rated by 0 users
Mon, Nov 28 2022 6:01 PM (39 replies)
  • callaghan159
    6,222 Posts
    Sun, Oct 23 2022 4:49 AM

I have only had the 3 bogey glitch happen to me once.......thankfully. I hope I didnt jinx myself. On another note with the showdowns, I played one strange dude this morning, a TC. Got made at me from the get go for taking my time on a 45 second timer. LOL. I shut him up quickly. Everytime he said something I just did the"LOL". By the 3rd and final hole he finally turned his chat off. I beat him on the tiebreaker ctth shot. Lol.  Cheers

• AlaskanDame
    18,967 Posts
    Sun, Oct 23 2022 6:27 AM

WGT is undercounting badly by only looking at “three bogeys.”  It’s not just a 3-bogey issue.  Sometimes the forfeit issue yields only one bogey if it happens on the last hole.  

To wit:

Today, I was awarded a 3rd-hole bogey after a 3rd-hole forfeit from opponent (which appeared to have been done properly).  I got the retry/cancel screen anyway, waited and got the “time expired” message and (hopefully) a chance to keep playing, but WGT gave me back the retry/cancel screen after telling me I had one timeout left.   So then I left the app and hoped to “resume” game, but no…..got awarded a bogey on the PGA par 5 when I was about to get on the green in 2.  That bogey meant a 2 or 3 stroke deficit, compared to the birdie or eagle I was headed for.  I would have probably had a top ten finish.

Oh well. . . ., I guess I’m supposed to be happy that I retained the two birdies shot on the PGA par 4 and par 3.

Good luck to those still playing.

• MioKontic
    4,591 Posts
    Sun, Oct 23 2022 7:05 AM

SamSpayed:
    Of course, the real question in my mind is:  Why is WGT wasting programming resources doing this frequency analysis, rather than doing a deep-dive into their code (and maybe network logs) to try to figure out what exactly is (or could be) causing the Showdown Bogey Glitch?  Or, alternatively, why aren't they developing some sort of workaround?

DING DING DING DING DING!  Correct answer.  You get 5 stars for the correct answer, but due to a bug they will not be credited to your account.

Rather than sorting the problem, all they are trying to do is find excuses, and each one gets lamer and lamer.  How difficult is it to forfeit in different ways to see what happens to the other player?  And if they feel they can't replicate it themselves, I have suggested they recruit some of the members, who I'm certain would be more than happy to help, to replicate the problem with them.  And if they use Discord to talk and discuss things, I'm sure it wouldn't take long for the error to be found.

pdb1:
    I wonder how many of you/us reporting the 3 bogey glitch . Are also having good success with the continued play feature ?

That has absolutely no relevance to the problem, the problem still exists, therefore it needs fixing.  And as I've said before, the workaround is a poor one because someone could have had a good score for the holes they played, then suddenly it is taken away from them and they have to attempt to do it again.  If Tiger Woods (or any player for that matter) played 9 holes to 9-under-par, and then the organisers asked him to play the holes again because they forgot to turn the TV cameras on, do you really think he (or indeed any of them) would say "yeah, sure"?  More like "no", or less savoury words to that effect.

SamSpayed:
    But this Showdown Bogey Glitch has been around for more than 2 years now.

Isn't it closer to 4 years?

SamSpayed:
    It's unprecedented for a bug to exist for 2+ years in any software.

Except in WGT, where bugs still exist from the very early days, that were never fixed in the flash version, and they have no intention of fixing them in the current version either.

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,504 Posts
    Sun, Oct 23 2022 7:20 AM

MioKontic:

SamSpayed:
    But this Showdown Bogey Glitch has been around for more than 2 years now.

Isn't it closer to 4 years?

On November 12, we'll be celebrating the 3rd anniversary. ;-)

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Sun, Oct 23 2022 8:40 AM

SimonTheBeetle:
    On November 12, we'll be celebrating the 3rd anniversary. ;-)

Simon that's so strange as it seems it was in October, and you featured heavily in that thread about it.   Doesn't really matter but it means it's been around for over 3 years. Rest assured wgt are "readying updates to fix the issue" ;-)

• SamSpayed
    4,901 Posts
    Sun, Oct 23 2022 9:37 AM

SimonTheBeetle:
    On November 12, we'll be celebrating the 3rd anniversary.

WOW!  Over three (3) years now without a fix 😣

Oh well.  I'm sure come Monday morning, Nico will be along to trot out his time-worn excuses on behalf of WGT:

1.  We can't replicate it - it's hard

2.  We're a small indie gaming company without many resources

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,504 Posts
    Sun, Oct 23 2022 10:45 AM

DodgyPutter:
    Simon that's so strange as it seems it was in October, and you featured heavily in that thread about it.   Doesn't really matter but it means it's been around for over 3 years. Rest assured wgt are "readying updates to fix the issue" ;-)

SamSpayed:

Good findings, guys! I only said it based on the date of Fall Showdown shown in the screenshot I'd posted. Yeah, it's well over 3 years already indeed. Wow...

RSS