Forums

Help › Forums

Haunted Showdown - 3 Bogies Still Not Addressed

rated by 0 users
Mon, Nov 28 2022 6:01 PM (39 replies)
  • pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Thu, Oct 20 2022 6:42 PM

Still going like the Energizer Bunny....I never hit a ball...guy quit while the game was being created.  What ineptness...

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,502 Posts
    Fri, Oct 21 2022 12:50 AM

I've said this before and I'm going to say it again. Guys, do not play it!

I played the 1st edition of it and as soon as the glitch ruined the fun, I haven't even given a hasty glance at it ever since.

When nobody, absolutely NOBODY plays it, then the company will probably roll up the sleeves and do something about it.

I love this game and have no intention of doing harm to WGT, but only try to send a message by boycotting it. You guys should do the same if you want to see some change.

• callaghan159
    6,221 Posts
    Fri, Oct 21 2022 3:10 AM

SimonTheBeetle:
    When nobody, absolutely NOBODY plays it, then the company will probably roll up the sleeves and do something about it.

I have seen, multiple times, this very same comment about "the clash". Don't hold your breathe waiting for people to boycott anything here. It will only happen when hell freezes over. Cheers

• MioKontic
    4,591 Posts
    Fri, Oct 21 2022 8:42 AM

SimonTheBeetle:

The problem with this is that the few who read the forum might stop playing, but the majority who don't read the forum will continue to play, therefore it will never really hurt WGT, and so the problem will exist for many more years to come, maybe even forever... just like all the other bugs they have, and instead of fixing those they will continue to bring out other crap like G&A.

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,502 Posts
    Fri, Oct 21 2022 11:54 AM

callaghan159:
    It will only happen when hell freezes over.

Well, it used to happen EVERY year (and I'm sure it still does now)... To me, Montreal was a hell when growing up there. LOL A freakin' boot camp...

MioKontic:
    The problem with this is that the few who read the forum might stop playing, but the majority who don't read the forum will continue to play, therefore it will never really hurt WGT, and so the problem will exist for many more years to come, maybe even forever...

I hear you Mio and you're right on this actually. Me being nothing but one powerless user though, boycotting is the only way to express my discontentment and that's why I'm doing it. Me alone, it might be only a drop in the bucket but many drops will make a shower as they say it.

⇩ EDIT : There you go, Dodgy. Exactly! 

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Fri, Oct 21 2022 12:28 PM

See the source image

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Fri, Oct 21 2022 12:33 PM

Roughly 26,700,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 google tells me.  That's more than play the clash!

Edit: Seriously though it's not even on Nico's bug log.  I don't want to risk the wrath of Champ by speculating on whether the things on the log or those missing are likely to be fixed but I think (that's I think...not they are) wgt are happy with the current numbers in the Showdown.  As Mio indicated even if some on the forum joined you, say 20 which would be a lot, it wouldn't make a difference.

I had my share of this in the 100c one and just play for 10c now, with the added bonus that even if you're hit with this in the first two rounds it needn't mean you don't qualify. 

• SamSpayed
    4,895 Posts
    Fri, Oct 21 2022 2:40 PM

SimonTheBeetle:
    I love this game and have no intention of doing harm to WGT, but only try to send a message by boycotting it. You guys should do the same if you want to see some change.

Agree 100% Simon.  Once WGT fixes the Showdown Bogey Glitch, I'll start playing them.  Until then, I will not.  Why reward and encourage poor programming? 🙄

I doubt it will be fixed anytime soon, though.  WGT has repeatedly claimed they can't duplicate the error, it's not on their list of bugs they're working on, and yesterday Nico posted in Discord that "the bogey glitch only seems to effect less than 1% of each showdown".

RSS