Forums

Help › Forums

ready go tourneys... system glitch? game incomplete?

Mon, Jan 17 2011 7:24 PM (31 replies)
  • pullinup
    108 Posts
    Thu, Dec 17 2009 10:44 AM
    played BB ready go, completed game. wanted to play again, BB same game, different game whatever. it wouldnt let me. said I had not finished previous game. I had finished. so I played KI ready go instead (my only option)...thought this might clear everything up... it did not. So if I wanted to play again too bad. lol. it wont let me. Keep up the good work WGT. its a cool game. ps... I want to wear blue jeans and an orange T-shirt, wearing a green baseball cap...maybe a Texas Rangers jersey. Why is this not an option? I also want private lessons from Mr. Tibbets. I also want sound on course and moving clouds. I will supply my own freshly cut grass) I also want the ability to watch from the gallery, games/matchs in progress of top players.with they're consent of course and for a nominal credit fee.
  • WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Thu, Dec 17 2009 10:55 AM

You won't be able to sign up for a new ready-go until the one you played finishes. A ready-go finishes when 50 people sign up and they all post a score, or after 24 hours, whichever happens first. http://www.wgt.com/help.aspx#readygo

• hackz
    1 Posts
    Thu, Dec 17 2009 11:06 AM

This is just my opinion but I think 24hrs is too long. 3 max.

• pullinup
    108 Posts
    Thu, Dec 17 2009 11:36 AM
    OK thanks. Why the limitation? If after completeing the ready -go, there were still spots available in that same game why could I not have the opportunity to forfeit the game I just played and play again with a chance to improve my score? (I thought that after my round that since there were still spaces available that I could just hop back in for a try at a better score. With the last score standing and the previous score going as unclaimed.) While at the same time speeding up the process of filling the 50 player requirement.(even if there were a 2 hr waiting requirement to do so...I'll sign up and take a number and wait) Seems like a win-win option opposed to the current set-up. Just a thought.
  • lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Thu, Dec 17 2009 12:23 PM

Just my opinion but .. i don't mind the wait period.   Allowing players to finish one ready-go tourney and jump right into another .. over and over ... will result in the same top tier 15 to 20 players loading up on ready-go tournaments and the large majority of players may cash once in a while ... but for the most part will just be fueling the elite players.    If you take a look at the current leaderboards ... there are names of players I've never seen in some of the top 10 spots .... Again, just my opinion but ... this is good right ???

I did suggest to WGT they may want to put an indicator so you will know how many people in your 50 player ready-go have yet to play.    They thought it was a good idea.

A second thought is ... reduce the 24 hours to 8 or 12 hours .... 24 is just too long.

Thanks,

• AlaCowboy
    1,321 Posts
    Thu, Dec 17 2009 4:36 PM

pullinup:
    OK thanks. Why the limitation? If after completeing the ready -go, there were still spots available in that same game why could I not have the opportunity to forfeit the game I just played and play again with a chance to improve my score? (I thought that after my round that since there were still spaces available that I could just hop back in for a try at a better score. With the last score standing and the previous score going as unclaimed.) While at the same time speeding up the process of filling the 50 player requirement.(even if there were a 2 hr waiting requirement to do so...I'll sign up and take a number and wait) Seems like a win-win option opposed to the current set-up. Just a thought.

You would be taking a spot with your second game that would then lock someone else out. One round to a customer, please.

• dpckopy
    217 Posts
    Thu, Dec 17 2009 5:21 PM

Seems to me that if all 50 complete the tournament, then its over and you should be able to compete again.  Afterall, isn't it when its complete or 24 hours.  If people want to waste 100 credits and then not play ... I'll wait 24 hours to get their credits.  I finished tied for 5th in one earlier today and not all 50 players have played.  You snooze ... you lose

• pullinup
    108 Posts
    Thu, Dec 17 2009 5:32 PM
    Excuse me? You mean a spot someone else obviously didnt want cause I shot my "ready-go" rounds 10 hrs ago. And I have 1. no results and 2. I have been locked out (and still am) of further competition since. The set-up isnt logical. It is a wonderful idea flawed in excecution of the concept. Perhaps too many games were permitted to form before others were completed, thereby diluting the pool of eager participants.Leaving many games to die the slow death of the 24 hr rule. They'll get it worked out.
  • pullinup
    108 Posts
    Thu, Dec 17 2009 5:50 PM

Maybe WGT could set it up where games form on the hour, in a similar format as the Knockout tourney... sign up 15 min before the hour, get assigned to a game with 50 players ready to go right then and and prorate the amount of players that didnt make 50.  Problem solved.  WGT makes more coin and I play all I want.

• WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Thu, Dec 17 2009 6:33 PM

24 hours is the maximum time to wait once the 50 spots are filled to end the tournament.  The ready go tournaments also end when all 50 people have posted a score or forfeited the match. Most of the ready go tournaments end in less then 24 hours.

RSS