Forums

Help › Forums

Rep rating prob

Thu, Dec 17 2009 1:02 PM (22 replies)
  • nearlyfreddie
    19 Posts
    Thu, Dec 17 2009 6:36 AM

My opponent bailed on 2nd hole - i didnt want to finish solo, so i left after completing hole - my rating dropped from 80 to 73??????????????  When someone bails early in round, do we have to finish solo to protect rating?  If so, thats monumentally stupid.  Most quitters i encounter do so in first few holes.

• BolloxInBruges
    1,389 Posts
    Thu, Dec 17 2009 7:06 AM

In an unrealated reputation problem,  why are practice rounds changing my reputation?

• BLM1
    98 Posts
    Thu, Dec 17 2009 7:38 AM
    i just FINISHED a practice round and mine went from 80 to 73!!!!???? why is this? shouldnt it go up?
  • garyk49
    2,313 Posts
    Thu, Dec 17 2009 8:05 AM

Noticed the same thing, played a community run tourney round, when I started the round mine was at 80, we finished the round, now I noticed mine is at 73.  This really doesn't make sense.

• eternalspirit
    255 Posts
    Thu, Dec 17 2009 8:17 AM

practice round has affected my reputation.

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Thu, Dec 17 2009 8:23 AM

It does kind of defeat the idea of a practice round. 

I was playing (multi player practice round) and we dropped the round to get another player, rep drops.

All three of us finish the round, rep drops.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Thu, Dec 17 2009 8:45 AM

The implementation of reputation tracking has been botched, unfortunately. Overall, today's product update is fabulous, the 6 pin locations at Bethpage are just breath-taking... but the reputation thing needs to be canceled or radically modified.

The worst systemic flaw is the one described by thread starter Nearlyfreddie. Why introduce any reputation tracking if you penalize the victims of quitters equally as the quitters themselves??? (I wrote more about this here.)

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Thu, Dec 17 2009 8:54 AM

One is not a victim if one is guilty of the same infraction. They quit, you quit.  Cut and dry.  I like it.

In the meantime, enjoy playing the whole round through! It's a fun game, remember? :)

• WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Thu, Dec 17 2009 9:02 AM

Tibbets is correct that the "if you start it, you finish it" theory was the principle.  However there are a few bugs we are looking into where it is not working as intend (for example practice rounds with multiplayers should not affect your reputation).  If you see any other unintended items with reputation, please report them.  Also please know that if there is a major issues with the reputation tracking there is a likelihood that we will reset the values to retest the feature.  

Thanks for your patience 

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Thu, Dec 17 2009 9:05 AM

Thanks for the clarification WGTAdmin2.  I'm sure once the bugs get worked out, it will function as was intended.

RSS