Forums

Help › Forums

Re: 12/17/09 Product Release

Thu, Dec 17 2009 11:25 AM (91 replies)
  • Spacklero
    386 Posts
    Thu, Dec 17 2009 7:35 AM

I just want my 80% rep rating back - I feel so dirrty now! ;)

I just read in another thread that practice rounds are affecting Rep stats - could be this as I played a couple and I think quit in one. Either way i feel slandered lol

• jbenny11
    863 Posts
    Thu, Dec 17 2009 7:38 AM

i personally could care less about rep tracker but i only play match play challenge, touneys, or just practice. i don't play multi-player rounds unless in a tournament, never quit any of these, yet 80% rep. therefore i would have to believe 80% = 100%. again much ado for nothing. love the new pins although does not change game much. thx jb

• IFLAS
    9 Posts
    Thu, Dec 17 2009 7:50 AM

A couple of questions.

Where do i go to post a question in the right category. I seem to be a lot smarter in person, also, why does it say I cant enter another ready-go until ive completed the one Im in when Ive already completed it?

Thanks so much, love the ready gos!

• resozv
    895 Posts
    Thu, Dec 17 2009 8:02 AM
    Thanks WGT, some nice upgrades. Some ho hum ones too. And some new bugs to iron out I see. 1] I can't get "quote" to work in forums. 2] Anyone able to equip avatar with the green shirt? I've tried & can't. 3] Can't make a new paragraph in forum posts either.
  • EllisSpice
    871 Posts
    Thu, Dec 17 2009 8:07 AM

Well, I just tried my experiment on what happens when you join a game, quit and then join again. And it isn't pretty.

As you can see, my average has gone down to 67%, which means that doing that will still knock your rep.

P.S It's 67% because I quit the second match too. Sorry rglrguy for quitting the second time, and affecting your rep too. Everyone give him a well done for being a good sport though.

• birdwell
    561 Posts
    Thu, Dec 17 2009 8:20 AM

Also... has anyone else noticed that we have 'very fast' greens now? (at least as an option in practice mode)

Tons of lip outs coming to a green near you! lol

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Thu, Dec 17 2009 8:23 AM

tibbets:
    I say you got what you wished for

No, I didn't. I said very clearly weeks ago that I prefer no reputation tracking whatsoever over a botched implementation of reputation tracking. Unfortunately, that's exactly what happened.

tibbets:
    and now it has to be lived with.

Not at all. If a blunder occurs, it needs to be corrected, not "lived with". I trust WGT will soon (possibly as soon as in December) realize that the current version of reputation tracking is untenable and that they will either modify or cancel it.

The first fix is obvious: as soon as you are ditched by everyone in a multi-player round, it's no longer a multi-player round, but a single-player round, and therefore it must not affect your reputation score.

tibbets:
    Nivac is right, quitting is quitting.

Oh, really?? Then why not track quitting in all single-player rounds as well? Huh? I remember how adamantly you opposed that idea, Tibbets. It's utmost hypocrisy to want to impose on other players what one rejects for oneself. As has been said, it frequently happens that players are left alone on the course as soon as the TEE OFF button is pushed.

tibbets:
    It's how the stat must be, without discrimination for reason, justification, or excuse.

Nonsense, Tibbets. The exact opposite of what you're saying is true: It's how that stat must not be, because it must distinguish legitimate disconnections from illegitimate ones. And this is easy to achieve, from the programming and software point of view. I trust WGT will implement these fixes soon.  

• jburnhoo
    4 Posts
    Thu, Dec 17 2009 8:35 AM

I do not have a problem with reputation tracking as long as it is accurate.  I was listed at 80% this morning, started a match and one of the guys had bad loading and disconnected.  The game locked up, we sat there 3 minutes and nothing changed.  I hit F5 on my computer to refresh the page and unless I continue the match alone I get knocked down in reputation?  Sucky.....

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Thu, Dec 17 2009 8:37 AM

Hey I don't care, implement it for single player too.  I could care less about a reputation tracking #. My reputation is in my name and trophy case, not a # :)

There's nothing wrong with the system in place as it was implemented.  It's not a bug to fix, it's a feature.  They heard your opinion, and chose a different path of implementation.  Get used to it. 

Long ago I wished for multiround tournaments and daily tournaments.  Well, we got them, only I'm not eligible to play in most of them due to where I live.  It's not a bug, it's a feature.  There's nothing botched about it, nor is it untenable.  It's simply the direction WGT chose to go in.  I can disagree with the direction, but I'm not calling it botched or untenable.  Seems to work just fine for those who are eligible.   Same applies with the Rep. tracking.  It'll work just fine if you play your round all the way through.  Then you won't be called a quitter and your reputation # will remain intact.  If you choose to quit the game  when everyone else has left, like they chose to quit the game, then you too have quit.  That's what this whole hubub is about, right?  Identifying quitters? Pretty simple.  Seems to me that system would operate just fine.  No more excuses for quitting, just a black mark left on the user for whatever reason.

In the meantime, sorry you didn't get it exactly the way you wanted it.  Like was stated above, be careful what you wish for....

Enjoy!

• pillsy
    489 Posts
    Thu, Dec 17 2009 8:52 AM

can someone explain to me what a "ready-go" tournament is???

RSS