Forums

Help › Forums

Discord or Discontent?

Mon, Sep 26 2022 1:40 AM (86 replies)
  • DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Wed, Sep 21 2022 3:22 PM

I think all the codes give 5,000 coins.  (See current discord chat)  

• WGTNico
    622 Posts
    Wed, Sep 21 2022 3:50 PM

ya it's only 5000 coins, was the first time we have used the codes in awhile, in the future, we might to better things like actually giving out a sleeve or something cool

• WGTNico
    622 Posts
    Thu, Sep 22 2022 11:07 AM

We're close to 5k members and marketing likes that number

DodgyPutter:
    Why so desperate to get folk onto discord?

• HamdenPro
    2,424 Posts
    Thu, Sep 22 2022 11:31 AM

WGTNico:

Maybe 5,000 joined the WGT discord server, but there are not 5,000 actually participating. So far, it seems like a select few monopolize the chat. I would guestimate, between 45 - 60 members regularly post, many of which are limited to memes and joking around.

Despite how WGT may feel about the forum threads (which I know they are keeping) they provide more information, and assistance, than the WGT's discord server ever will.

Marketing may like the number but the bulk of revenue, imo, comes from those who do not even read the discord.  Maybe accounting should have a little more input than marketing. It seems there are many more users feeling wronged (somewhat being forced to use discord) than there are on the discord channel.

I believe there are purposes to have both but do not believe members should feel pressured or obligated to utilize the WGT discord server.

• ct690911
    7,202 Posts
    Thu, Sep 22 2022 11:58 AM

HamdenPro:

WGTNico:

Maybe 5,000 joined the WGT discord server, but there are not 5,000 actually participating. So far, it seems like a select few monopolize the chat. I would guestimate, between 45 - 60 members regularly post, many of which are limited to memes and joking around.

Despite how WGT may feel about the forum threads (which I know they are keeping) they provide more information, and assistance, than the WGT's discord server ever will.

Marketing may like the number but the bulk of revenue, imo, comes from those who do not even read the discord.  Maybe accounting should have a little more input than marketing. It seems there are many more users feeling wronged (somewhat being forced to use discord) than there are on the discord channel.

I believe there are purposes to have both but do not believe members should feel pressured or obligated to utilize the WGT discord server.

Well penned, Steff.

• dhjam1
    577 Posts
    Thu, Sep 22 2022 12:11 PM

HamdenPro:

(somewhat being forced to use discord) than there are on the discord channel.

May I ask ,how exactly are members pressured or forced to use the Discord server?

• Cicero733
    2,300 Posts
    Thu, Sep 22 2022 1:01 PM

Just a thought/observation. Like any new service or program, there is an initial surge of marketing efforts - “Hey, look here. We’ve got a new program that you need to check out”. Repeated enough times, folks feel like they are being strongly “urged” to sign up. Plus there are the intangibles operating in the back ground. There is the perception that WGT personnel favor the Discord channels more with their presence than they do the forums. Real or perceived? I don’t know as I haven’t found a metric to measure that aspect of game communication. The redeem code events yesterday. They were only available to members who participate in Discord, i.e. there were no free credits to the first 150 people who made their first post to the forum yesterday. Free credits were only available to Discord users. Add it all together and people see change and change to some people is not especially welcomed and they begin feel that they are being forced into something that they may not want to be a part of. It’s part of the process.

• Yiannis1970
    3,271 Posts
    Thu, Sep 22 2022 1:39 PM

Perception?

There has been an explicit statement more than once.

• Yiannis1970
    3,271 Posts
    Thu, Sep 22 2022 2:25 PM

dhjam1:

HamdenPro:

(somewhat being forced to use discord) than there are on the discord channel.

May I ask ,how exactly are members pressured or forced to use the Discord server?

May i ask you something else?

How many times after 13 years in here, have you seen members being awarded for contributing (really helping others) in the forum? For instance: How many credits Scott has been gifted by WGT all these years?

RSS