Forums

Help › Forums

My avg score

Thu, Aug 25 2022 12:25 PM (27 replies)
  • Mauhur
    3 Posts
    Sun, Aug 21 2022 12:12 PM

My avg score dont chance anymore last three days. I get so many birdies and some eagles, but avg its same. Can somebody know tell my, what is wrong?

• AL4040
    32 Posts
    Sun, Aug 21 2022 8:08 PM

Hey Mauhur

not every round effects your avg , Without going through your score history it’s most likely the type of rounds your playing more than anything 

• Scramps13
    73 Posts
    Mon, Aug 22 2022 5:39 AM

Are you playing ranked rounds?

• PureGro1
    1,656 Posts
    Mon, Aug 22 2022 8:09 AM

You need to shoot lower score than your average....Your scores are not lower than your average of 69.

Golf Stat Dictionary

It is calculated by adding up all the scores for the included holes, and subtracting from that the total sum of the pars for those holes and dividing the result by the total number of holes. (total score - total par) / total holes = Scoring Average to Par.

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Mon, Aug 22 2022 9:01 AM

Not to be an 🍆, but with an AVG of 69.00 you will need to have TOTAL round scores that are below that number not just a few birdies or even eagles here and there.

Looking at your score history, the last 10 RR's that could be used to calculate your AVG were scores of 70,72,76,78,70,74,70,70,70,76.

The few scores of 70 may have been lowering your AVG in the past but with a current AVG of 69.00, 70 won't do it any more.

If you're that adamant about lowering your AVG, besides practicing to hone your skills on the course, I suggest you look into playing some AVG Lowering rounds in your CC.

• alosso
    21,039 Posts
    Mon, Aug 22 2022 10:07 AM

PureGro1:
    You need to shoot lower score than your average....Your scores are not lower than your average of 69.
    Pardon me, that's not quite correct.

(Marchie, I noticed your post only after finishing mine)

Mauhur has collected a pool of 25 scores which form a saturated average of 69.00. It includes at least one score of 68 (08.15.22), therefore at least one score ot 70. There are also scores of 65 at STA and MER (see scoring awards), but we can only assume that they came to him as a TP. At least STA is in the mix (06.05.22), so this is being balanced by higher scores which will be eliminated by scores matching or above his average.

In fact, in his 200 visible (albeit incomplete) TP scores (including other games), there are that STA 65, six 68s, six 69s and seventeen 70s. The average of the low 25 is 69.08, not the current average, so there must be some 69s or lower missing in the list. A minimum of five 70s are already out of the score pool of 25.

Thus, the last score of 70 at KIA did nothing to the average, and only 69s or lower will have an effect, kicking more 70s out. Any scores matching or exceeding the highest score in the mix (70 / 35) will be ignored concerning the average.

Side note: 9 hole scores are doubled, a 35 (like 08-19-22) is a 70, too,

Alas, to reach Master @67 average, 69s and 68s aren't enough. Quite a lot of 67s (or lower) are necessary - quite a way to go!

Historical side note: I had a 60 and a 70 in that mix

PureGro1:
    [...] Scoring Average to Par.
    Excuse me, that is not what WGT calculates. This average is about scores per round, ignoring the pars of the holes AND those of the courses. A 70 is a 70 regardless of the course par!

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Mon, Aug 22 2022 10:34 AM

PureGro1:

Golf Stat Dictionary

It is calculated by adding up all the scores for the included holes, and subtracting from that the total sum of the pars for those holes and dividing the result by the total number of holes. (total score - total par) / total holes = Scoring Average to Par.

Two things bearing in mind he's saturated.

Firstly par has nothing to do with average in this game it's only scores.

For a saturated average a number of your best scores at the tier (at TP it's 25 I think) you're in are added together and divided by that number (25).  For nine hole games the scores are doubled. When the player scores better than the worst score included in the average that score replaces it.

His average using this method is 69 and I did see both a 34 (68) and a 68 which means his average must contain at least two 70's or, although unlikely, a 71.  This means a 69 would lower his average, only by about 0.04% but nevertheless..... ;-)

Lol, sorry alosso I didn't see yours until after 

• Mauhur
    3 Posts
    Mon, Aug 22 2022 11:30 AM

I mostly playing tournament  brackets and stroke play courses. Sometimes head to head.

• HamdenPro
    2,417 Posts
    Mon, Aug 22 2022 12:34 PM

• PureGro1
    1,656 Posts
    Mon, Aug 22 2022 3:08 PM

RSS