Forums

Help › Forums

Goal & Achievements

Sun, Mar 3 2024 2:57 PM (580 replies)
  • DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Sun, Aug 21 2022 2:46 PM

I've not really paid a great deal of attention to the goals since the first week but I thought it'd be we all got the same point opportunities but at each prize section pleb's get 1, thingamys get 2 and premier get 3 prizes. So without anything you could "win" 35c and some stuff each week but with premier it'd be 170c (I think it was) and more stuff.  That was just my assumption.

I never followed that though before though; an extra 135c pw (135x52) =7,020 more credits and premium costs 18,000c.  I suppose some may want the other stuff, hmmm.  You have to jump through hoops for it though, it's easy to give up on the 20c (5c and 10c will probably really come by accident)  but if you've paid £180.............better get ready for increasingly onerous tasks I reckon ;-)

• SamSpayed
    4,901 Posts
    Sun, Aug 21 2022 3:07 PM

DodgyPutter:

I've not really paid a great deal of attention to the goals since the first week but I thought it'd be we all got the same point opportunities but at each prize section pleb's get 1, thingamys get 2 and premier get 3 prizes. So without anything you could "win" 35c and some stuff each week but with premier it'd be 170c (I think it was) and more stuff.  That was just my assumption.

I never followed that though before though; an extra 135c pw (135x52) =7,020 more credits and premium costs 18,000c.  I suppose some may want the other stuff, hmmm.  You have to jump through hoops for it though, it's easy to give up on the 20c (5c and 10c will probably really come by accident)  but if you've paid £180.............better get ready for increasingly onerous tasks I reckon ;-)

These are the prizes you get right now, with the different Membership levels:

Personally, I don't think the Memberships are worth it, even if you include the other benefits outside of G&A (extra passes, extra XP, and a daily scratcher for a few coins).

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Sun, Aug 21 2022 3:38 PM

That's what I thought, your 8,840c from premium is, of course, correct but as you'd have got 1,820c without any pass the gain from it is my 7,020.

I was just looking for the post Leslie mentioned but all I could find was this:

211 Posts
    07-29-2022 8:37 AM

hey Brett, I can see if we can pull a nice visual doc/spreadsheet at some point in the future better breaking down what the benefits are, however in your weekly goals when you see your progress, if you aren't a plus/premier member then the max you can get is 60 stars. Now if you're a Premier member, you can earn double the amount of stars to earn even better rewards the higher you progress.

So you do earn different numbers of stars with and without passes?  Mind you I couldn't even figure where the 60 comes from; 20 each day and there are 30 weekly I thought, so you could get 50 one of the days but 60?  I reckoned 170 a week so if you wanted the prizes you could afford to miss 4 daily tasks.  Maybe it's changed since then or I'm being daft.

• callaghan159
    6,222 Posts
    Sun, Aug 21 2022 4:05 PM

SamSpayed:
    Personally, I don't think the Memberships are worth it, even if you include the other benefits outside of G&A (extra passes, extra XP, and a daily scratcher for a few coins).

To each their own opinion and I sort of agree with you, but what else am I going to do with the credits I accumulate. I got all the top clubs and  a wack balls. 

• HamdenPro
    2,413 Posts
    Sun, Aug 21 2022 7:34 PM

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Mon, Aug 22 2022 12:16 AM

DodgyPutter:

That's what I thought, your 8,840c from premium is, of course, correct but as you'd have got 1,820c without any pass the gain from it is my 7,020.

I was just looking for the post Leslie mentioned but all I could find was this:

211 Posts
    07-29-2022 8:37 AM

hey Brett, I can see if we can pull a nice visual doc/spreadsheet at some point in the future better breaking down what the benefits are, however in your weekly goals when you see your progress, if you aren't a plus/premier member then the max you can get is 60 stars. Now if you're a Premier member, you can earn double the amount of stars to earn even better rewards the higher you progress.

So you do earn different numbers of stars with and without passes?  Mind you I couldn't even figure where the 60 comes from; 20 each day and there are 30 weekly I thought, so you could get 50 one of the days but 60?  I reckoned 170 a week so if you wanted the prizes you could afford to miss 4 daily tasks.  Maybe it's changed since then or I'm being daft.

Dodgy , page 10 on goals and achievements live on all platforms , dated 1 august , is where you find Nico saying it . Sorry not easy for me to post it , as I am on iPad , but it’s there 

• callaghan159
    6,222 Posts
    Mon, Aug 22 2022 3:38 AM

bossbird:
    cannot progress beyond 150 stars ,

Personnaly I wish they would fix the apparel box winnings not being added to your apparel attributes. I'm losing out big time. Hard enough building up my apparel without wgt ripping me off.

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Mon, Aug 22 2022 4:27 AM

callaghan159:

bossbird:
    cannot progress beyond 150 stars ,

Personnaly I wish they would fix the apparel box winnings not being added to your apparel attributes. I'm losing out big time. Hard enough building up my apparel without wgt ripping me off.

I agree , it is an issue I have been dealing directly with Nico about as well as customer services . I had 2 platinum boxes and 11 silver boxes not paying out , and currently have 7 gold boxes I have won that I won’t open until I have been assured it is fixed. At the moment WGT are contravening their stated awards , and what comeback will there be on those boxes opened and not paid out ?

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Mon, Aug 22 2022 6:23 AM

SamSpayed:

Robbo81303:

One of my goals this week: "Win a game in the 100 coin room"

Why on Earth, as a TC with roughly 17 million coins at the moment, would I wish to humiliate some poor newbie in order to win 5 stinkin' bonus points???

I yearn for the day when "morally bankrupt pathological liar" ceases to be a preresiquite for employment at WGT.

I don't think that the folks at WGT lie.  But I do think that the daily and weekly Goals need a lot more thought and fine tuning.  

Here are a couple of my goals:

The 1st goal is obviously a money grab by WGT.  The 2nd goal is a head-scratcher.  Nobody I know likes the ball effects.  They're silly, and playing a multi-player game with a ball effect is a great way to keep yourself from getting invited to future games.

And forcing people to play coin rooms, especially lower coin rooms where low-level players are trying to build their coin stacks, is awful.  

It's pretty apparent to me that WGT didn't think this whole G&A thing through before inflicting it upon us.  Maybe if they actually took the time to involve the Community in their new ideas (like a beta program), we'd all be better off.

G&As...if they happen to come to you during the week then take them, but don't strive to reach them as they're not worth the effort or expense to do so. 

The 100 coin room...I'm a TC but if I'm getting a jumpy meter or if I'm just waking up I play a few there...no harm as who is building a worthless coin stack at 80 coins per match anyway?  

The points asking you to make a purchase...if you're a non-free rock user they'll come naturally too...won't they?

After you get to apparel level 9 or 10 then you only need a couple million coins at most to enjoy some competitive play...if you play vs. friends in alt or match play then you don't even need that many.  The guys with 500M, 1B, or more coins what are they for...ego????  I truly can't understand the mindset of accumulating worthless stuff...although my wife will argue that point while discussing the contents of my garage.  

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Mon, Aug 22 2022 8:40 AM

bossbird:
    Dodgy , page 10 on goals and achievements live on all platforms , dated 1 august , is where you find Nico saying it . Sorry not easy for me to post it , as I am on iPad , but it’s there 

You mean this?  

212 Posts
    08-01-2022 10:27 AM

To go past the 60-70 stars you can get in a week, then you'll need to upgrade to a plus or premier membership. 

It still seems like 60-70 stars as a max are being talked about, was that a part week perhaps?  I still can see no reason that 170 isn't the weekly max. 

I also still don't know if the first part is true whatever the number, do people with premium get the opportunity of more stars or simply more prizes for the same stars?  I suspect it's the latter and I'd hope so too.

RSS