Forums

Help › Forums

$200 million to join saudi tour .

Wed, Feb 15 2023 8:47 AM (140 replies)
  • SimonTheBeetle
    3,503 Posts
    Tue, Jun 7 2022 1:13 PM

ct690911:
    not a multi-millionaire golfer, but I wouldn't sell my integrity at any price.

• craigswan
    30,979 Posts
    Tue, Jun 7 2022 2:04 PM

Integrity doesn:t pay the bills though .

Integrity

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Tue, Jun 7 2022 2:20 PM

ct690911:

"Why say no to easy money i suppose ."

A lot of people would probably agree with you, Craig.  I'm just an old soldier, not a multi-millionaire golfer, but I wouldn't sell my integrity at any price.

I'm not sure I'd lay claim to having integrity but I wouldn't do anything that supports that regime.  Even this March, in one single day, they executed 81 men.  I suppose by then they knew we needed their oil even more than we normally do so there wouldn't be too much fuss.

Lets hope they don't manage to finish the event and eventually have to hold them all in Saudi.

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Tue, Jun 7 2022 3:44 PM

DodgyPutter:

ct690911:

"Why say no to easy money i suppose ."

A lot of people would probably agree with you, Craig.  I'm just an old soldier, not a multi-millionaire golfer, but I wouldn't sell my integrity at any price.

I'm not sure I'd lay claim to having integrity but I wouldn't do anything that supports that regime.  Even this March, in one single day, they executed 81 men.  I suppose by then they knew we needed their oil even more than we normally do so there wouldn't be too much fuss.

Lets hope they don't manage to finish the event and eventually have to hold them all in Saudi.

My guess is you have plenty of integrity. It comes through in your various posts..:)

• JDGHOST
    6,776 Posts
    Tue, Jun 7 2022 10:09 PM

According to Celebrity Net Worth, Dustin Johnson is worth $50 million.

Yeah he's only retained two thirds of his career earnings...I guess he needed the money 

puzzled look about Xero as a CRM  

Than again for the guaranteed last place check of 120K ...I would tee it up in a Speedo! So who am I to Judge!

• craigswan
    30,979 Posts
    Wed, Jun 8 2022 1:48 AM

My son has worked in saudi arabia for ten years now .

A saudi construction company owned by a prince .

A few promotions and he is earning big money .

He keeps his nose clean and looks the other way .

So is his integrity out the window .

He has seen golf , tennis , formula one and all the biggest singing stars come here for their share of the oil money .

He would never have the standard of life he has back home .

Good luck to him and the golfers .

You make your own life .

• SamSpayed
    4,901 Posts
    Wed, Jun 8 2022 2:03 PM

craigswan:

My son has worked in saudi arabia for ten years now .

A saudi construction company owned by a prince .

A few promotions and he is earning big money .

He keeps his nose clean and looks the other way .

So is his integrity out the window .

Yes

• craigswan
    30,979 Posts
    Thu, Jun 9 2022 7:09 AM

Tiger Woods turns down a 9 figure sum to join this tour .

A Modest Proposal-- to solve economic woes of the times -- the poorest people  should simply sell their children to the rich as food.

The parody that LIV Golf has been to date makes this satire look entirely reasonable..

LIV Golf launched on Monday .

Logos and team names dropped for the 48-golfer league, and both look as if they were conceived in an art contest for children of the league's participants..

Majesticks, 4Aces, Fireballs and Iron Heads are just a few of the 12 club names, and you can see the team logos below .

All the money and most of the time in the world, and this is what we get..

screen-shot-2022-06-07-at-08-29-53.png

• craigswan
    30,979 Posts
    Thu, Jun 9 2022 7:18 AM

Despite all of this, the PGA Tour remains vulnerable.

Players have intimated that they intend to play the major championships, and if Johnson and Mickelson prove in the months ahead that they're able to contend for history while also moving the comma on their annual compensation, more stars are going to clear the moral hurdle they have set in their own minds (however low it may be) and make the jump..

50 days from now a golfer will win a 150-year-old jug while hitting shots on a course where folks have struck objects with sticks since before the United States existed..

GIF by FirstAndMonday

• craigswan
    30,979 Posts
    Thu, Jun 9 2022 7:24 AM

Those ridiculous teams will play for $25 million later this week .

And six weeks later, a town awash in one of the great events in major championship golf will only be thinking about history..

How are both of these entities categorized as professional golf? Has non-major golf ever felt this far removed from the four events that matter most?

If major championships make stars -- and stars are what any league outside the majors is dependent upon -- the obvious logic is that the major championships control the future of professional golf's regular season .

It's interesting how everything is controlled by the same individuals if you want to play golf in this world .

flag scotland GIF

RSS