4,690 Posts
    Fri, Jun 10 2022 8:46 AM

"SAUDI ARABIA .

It is their religion .

It is there country .

It is there rules ."

The Royal Family's that is.

craigswan:

My son's best customers are the bin laden family .

All nice guys except for that one nutter he tells me . The black sheep of the family .

You cannot judge a man from 10,000 miles away on the news reports ..

Talking of news reports here's one from a source you use, gets me a bit confused.   Which ones are the "nice guys"?

• ct690911
    7,194 Posts
    Fri, Jun 10 2022 9:41 AM

I've been on "business trips" to both Afghanistan and Iraq. It's a common belief amongst soldiers that the middle east is one large mental hospital. 

With respect to Saudi Arabia, I know they treat their women like cattle and even the smallest crime can cost a limb, or even a life.

Craig, I understand that all countries have their problems. It's why you never go to south Chicago, or downtown Winnipeg with a lot of cash. Common sense has to rule.

Just tell your son and his family to be very careful. I was armed, had body guards and body armour...I was still careful.

just sayin'

ct

• SamSpayed
    4,892 Posts
    Fri, Jun 10 2022 11:09 AM

pmm711:

Back in the day Herschel Walker was paid more money to go play in the USFL vs the NFL.  This is these dude's careers and how they earn their dough.  F the PGA....sheesh.  Like everything the PGA does is moral.  Are you really serious?  The PGA is as corrupt as any other organization.  OK...the heads haven't murdered anyone.  I get it.  But...you really think they're squeaky clean?  Come on.

Maybe you can help me out, Paul.  I'm trying to remember what murders and human rights violations were committed by the sponsors of the USFL, but I'm drawing a blank.

If you'd like to back up your allegation about PGA corruption and compare their offences to the offences committed by Saudi Arabia, I'm all ears.

• pmm711
    5,514 Posts
    Fri, Jun 10 2022 12:33 PM

SamSpayed:

pmm711:

Back in the day Herschel Walker was paid more money to go play in the USFL vs the NFL.  This is these dude's careers and how they earn their dough.  F the PGA....sheesh.  Like everything the PGA does is moral.  Are you really serious?  The PGA is as corrupt as any other organization.  OK...the heads haven't murdered anyone.  I get it.  But...you really think they're squeaky clean?  Come on.

SamSpayed:
    Maybe you can help me out, Paul.  I'm trying to remember what murders and human rights violations were committed by the sponsors of the USFL, but I'm drawing a blank.

That's not the reason I mentioned the USFL.  Don't even try to twist this one.  It was about Hershel making a decision, a very controversial decision at the time, to follow the almighty $ vs. playing in the NFL.  I see a similarity with LIV Golf and the guys who have jumped.  That's all.

SamSpayed:
    If you'd like to back up your allegation about PGA corruption and compare their offences to the offences committed by Saudi Arabia, I'm all ears.

Again, don't try to twist what I stated in my post.  I merely stated in my post that the PGA isn't "100% moral" nor "squeaky clean".  For one, take their non-profit status.  I'm sure that's all though, right?  I'm not going to debate anything.  Just stating my feelings.

• SamSpayed
    4,892 Posts
    Fri, Jun 10 2022 12:51 PM

pmm711:
    Again, don't try to twist what I stated in my post.

Not twisting, just highlighting the false equivalencies in your examples.  

pmm711:
    I'm not going to debate anything.  Just stating my feelings.

In your case, that's probably a good idea.  Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

• craigswan
    30,938 Posts
    Fri, Jun 10 2022 1:04 PM

Interesting read dodgy .

Bryson DeChambeau has become the most significant player to turn his back on the PGA Tour and join the fledgling Saudi-funded LIV Golf series.

The American, 28, won the 2020 US Open and is in the prime of his career..

• craigswan
    30,938 Posts
    Fri, Jun 10 2022 1:07 PM
    LIV Golf Invitational London, second-round leaderboard
    -9 C Schwartzel (SA); -6 H du Plessis (SA); -4 O Bekker (SA); -3 P Uihlein (US); -1 D Johnson (US), S Horsfield (Eng), S Vincent (Zim), P Khongwatmai (Tha)
    Selected: +1 L Oosthuizen (SA), S Garcia (Spa), I Poulter (Eng); +4 P Mickelson (US), M Kaymer (Ger); +5 G McDowell (NI); +6 L Westwood (Eng)
  • JDGHOST
    6,764 Posts
    Fri, Jun 10 2022 2:27 PM

pmm711:

ander101:
    Reasons to join LIV 

These guys just went on lifetime R&R...and...with the last minute names that jumped from the PGA ship...I'm sure a lot more will follow.  Just saying...

You want a kick ...I'm actually IN that movie lol no BS! I was about 14  and they filmed the entire movie in Staten Island NY (My hometown) Me an a buddy cut school one day and walked into a local pizza joint we were sitting down eating pizza when the entire crew came in and told everyone they were gonna film a scene for a movie and if you don't have about and hour or more you need to leave now. Anyway we stayed (More like 2 hours) and in came Dangerrfield, Pecsi  etc... Scene filmed... I knew who Rodney was did not know of Pesci back then ...

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,496 Posts
    Fri, Jun 10 2022 2:38 PM

JDGHOST:
    You want a kick ...I'm actually IN that movie lol no BS! I was about 14  and they filmed the entire movie in Staten Island NY (My hometown) Me an a buddy cut school one day and walked into a local pizza joint we were sitting down eating pizza when the entire crew came in and told everyone they were gonna film a scene for a movie and if you don't have about and hour or more you need to leave now. Anyway we stayed (More like 2 hours) and in came Dangerrfield, Pecsi  etc... Scene filmed... I knew who Rodney was did not know of Pesci back then ...

Cool story! :) Thanks for sharing it.

Is this movie watchable on Netflix?

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Fri, Jun 10 2022 2:57 PM

craigswan:

Bryson DeChambeau has become the most significant player to turn his back on the PGA Tour and join the fledgling Saudi-funded LIV Golf series.

The American, 28, won the 2020 US Open and is in the prime of his career..

Bryson DeChambeau
    2021-22 PGA season · Ranking: 219 · Points: 40 · Earnings: $0.16M
    DateTournamentPosStrokesTotalEarnings
    2 Jun - 5 Jun CUT 153 9 -
    7 Apr - 10 Apr CUT 156 12 -
    31 Mar - 3 Apr CUT 149 5 -
    26 Jan - 29 Jan CUT 142 -2 -
RSS