Forums

Help › Forums

showdowns

Thu, Oct 5 2023 2:36 PM (28 replies)
  • RonCarr
    241 Posts
    Fri, May 20 2022 5:44 AM

I like the format of playing other players, it's also a Great time for WGT to do there IP sweeps for multi accounts. I play the course and if we tie and you're a tp to legend you will win tie breaker I'm just here for the best score against the course and to push the low-level players to higher rank with the win...It's all fun. My nickel worth lol

• beerstine
    656 Posts
    Fri, May 20 2022 4:19 PM

If stroke play is to be the deciding factor, it makes more sense to have single player rounds on a WGT designed custom course, with groups organized by tier and playing from tier default tees regardless of the credit ante.  Those who bet more and play higher divisions would win higher level balls, more packs, etc.

If head-to-head is the goal, keep the coin rooms as is but make it a match play format with total score functioning as the ranking/tiebreaker between players with equal number of match wins throughout the round.  Put the onus on winning the match, not just playing for the score.  

• RonCarr
    241 Posts
    Sat, May 21 2022 4:45 AM

Single player rounds would be tuff for many with the shot clock. At least playing with somebody you have a breather moment between shots. I would believe many would not play under that format. 

Still trying to figure out how players at level over 90 are a master with no ranked rounds and a Legend with 40 ranked rounds., and a level 80 tour pro.High levels and all quit on me today, so i did play alone. Was not as much fun as playing with someone. It is a shame they did away with minimum ranked rounds.  Have a great weekend 

• pmm711
    5,509 Posts
    Sat, May 21 2022 6:36 PM

SimonTheBeetle:

I guess everybody's thinking + or - the same. If it's the general consensus, I don't see why the showdown event even has to be a match-play format. :-/ 

Simon, I think it's because of the "buy-in" feature and the fact that you have to post coins to play.  Currently the only coin play is match play.  That has to be the answer.

RSS