Forums

Help › Forums

Worst Experience

Mon, Dec 14 2009 7:13 AM (8 replies)
  • duffer66
    700 Posts
    Fri, Dec 11 2009 8:36 PM
    Playing the Kiawa 18 single play was the worst ever with meter lag, hesitations images jerking wierd ball play. Had a 5ft putt fast greens level surface hit the ball a little over 5 on the metere and it comes up short. Worst ever to say the least.
  • Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sat, Dec 12 2009 3:18 AM

Well, was there anything else running on your computer at the time? For example, did you close the original WGT browser window from which you had launched the game pop-up window?

• duffer66
    700 Posts
    Sat, Dec 12 2009 7:49 PM

My PC had the same setup for my other tounaments and never had much of a problem except a hicup now and then. I have no idea what was going on. There were a few times especially practice mode that gave me problems but then I could bailout and restart WGT and everything was fine but can't do that after you start a tounament. You basically have to live with it. Thanks for the reply faterson.

• SLASHX
    278 Posts
    Sun, Dec 13 2009 6:30 PM

Unless something has changed i am pretty sure you can save your game during the tourneys and restart your browser/reboot if necessary then log back in and resume the tourney. Might try it... seems to help sometimes.

• Vgolfmaster
    68 Posts
    Sun, Dec 13 2009 8:58 PM

duffer66,

It is a common problem that WGT wishes not to address with their programming. This is supposed to be a BETA test version set up for feedback and improvements, but all they are interested in is making money off the sale of equipment. I have yet to see them take any ownership of this situation, even though there are a multitude of players with the exact same feedback. This forum is filled with this feedback, and I know numerous others having similar issues that have not posted here, and will not waste their time posting here.

The standard answer is, 'it is your fault, follow the troubleshooting steps as laid out in the forums, and stop whining.' And if you happen to waste your money upgrading clubs or balls thinking that they may have actually been smart enough to program the hiccups for the starter equipment only, don't expect a reply about a potential refund - they are uninterested or unequipped to handle such a request.

Vg

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Mon, Dec 14 2009 12:18 AM

Vgolfmaster:
    This is supposed to be a BETA test version set up for feedback and improvements, but all they are interested in is making money off the sale of equipment.

I wonder how anyone can claim to know "everything" that another human being is supposedly interested in. That's a quite offensive statement and devalues whatever else you might have to say. If you wish to establish communication with someone, don't start off by offending them, would be the first rule of thumb.

• Vgolfmaster
    68 Posts
    Mon, Dec 14 2009 12:35 AM

I have no idea what you are blabbering about Faterson, but I base that statement off of my experiences with WGT, who continue to this day to sell clubs and balls for a BETA test run of this software, and have yet to even address my request for a refund.

Have you any objections to the factual nature of those statements?

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Mon, Dec 14 2009 12:59 AM

Vgolfmaster:
    WGT [...] have yet to even address my request for a refund.

They have addressed it several times already, including publicly here, two hours before you submitted your post above. So much for "blabbering".  

• justquit
    46 Posts
    Mon, Dec 14 2009 7:13 AM

ok i'm not one to putt my nose in where it dont belong but if you to scrap can we set a time and place so i can sell tickets to buy more balls

RSS