Forums

Help › Forums

ODDS, ENDS and OTHER THINGS..

Mon, Apr 29 2024 8:55 PM (1,175 replies)
  • HamdenPro
    2,418 Posts
    Sun, Feb 27 2022 9:38 AM

OMG!!!!!!!!!!  Has this happened to you...?

You are on the Tee Box, lining up the direction of your drive, you carefully make the proper adjustments, wind speed, direction, where you want your 2nd approach shot to be from (110, 115 yds) from the green, considered the change in wind direction for your 2nd shot, or maybe you go so far as to check the cam at the green, to see which way the flag is blowing (to detect change of wind between tee and green) and let us not forget the elevation....all things considered. CHECK... and, in case you believe the software to be so true to life, you even go really slow on the backswing, you hold it for a split second and release.....DING!!!!! PERFECT SHOT.....130 yds....WTF!!!!!! OMG!!!!! How the heck did I go from driver to PW....or 9 iron, etc....has this happened to you?.... I HATE THAT...and what makes it worse, you were 4 under and now....ugh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

or has this happened to you?

You are on the green, steep azz green...your above the pin, 8' away, 3" above the cup....T12 speed....you know this is going to be slick, all you have to do is hit it right and let the ball slowly lag to the cup for a birdie (or eagle).....you carefully hit for about 3' and BAMMMM....the ball goes sailing past the cup, down the green onto the apron below, 30yd from the hole......OMG....how did my meter go to 100’....when I know I had it at 15.....ugh!!!!!!!!!!!

and while we are at it, two more things really tick me off...

Why is it, in a lot of cases, a crap shot always follows a birdie hole...huh?????

or.... why is it, every time you buy a new sleeve of balls, you almost always lose at least one right away...huh...????

WGT, the game you love to hate and hate to love!

Just remember, don't let the big stuff upset you, in the scheme of life, it's the little stuff that's BS!!!!!!!!!!

• ScottHope
    10,107 Posts
    Sun, Feb 27 2022 10:22 AM

Sounds like an attempt by your mousewheel to sabotage your game HP.  : |

Disable it, show it who's boss!

• DuFussMcGoo
    2,868 Posts
    Sun, Feb 27 2022 10:32 AM

HamdenPro:
    0yd from the hole......OMG....how did my meter go to 100’....when I know I had it at 15.....ugh!!!!!!!!!!!

I've noticed when I have a putt and WGT presets a 80' length on the meter, and you change it to your correct amount of 60', then you go from front to rear view to give it one last check, that when you go back to your original view your 60' has now changed back to 80'.

Seen this too many times.

Happens at all differences of length.

• Cicero733
    2,296 Posts
    Sun, Feb 27 2022 10:40 AM

Your aberrant tee shot phenomenon used to happen to me with some degree of regularity, but “happily” not so much recently. It’s been replaced with the approach shot under 100 yds. Hit for 60 yds ball goes 10. Right club, right shot selection, right power percentage, just goes 10 yds. Or the punch shot hit for 23 yds that goes 45 yds.

Same with the putting scenario (although I occasionally still get a 100’ scale for a 5’ - 6’ putt). What’s been happening recently is just the opposite. 12’ uphill, straight putt, absolutely no break, correct scale, correct power percentage, and boom, ball goes 2’.

Both of these always happen at the same spot in a round - either the 8th or 9th hole.

I’m a mobile player and have been advised that these are little glitches that pop up at times that unfortunately mar the realistic golf experience the game is designed to produce. I say that to myself each and every time. 

• HamdenPro
    2,418 Posts
    Sun, Feb 27 2022 10:40 AM

ScottHope:

Disable it, show it who's boss!

Considering I am using an Asus 2/1 Laptop, with a touchpad, next time, should I just slap myself?

• HamdenPro
    2,418 Posts
    Sun, Feb 27 2022 10:45 AM

Cicero733:

It’s been replaced with the approach shot under 100 yds. Hit for 60 yds ball goes 10. Right club, right shot selection, right power percentage, just goes 10 yds. Or the punch shot hit for 23 yds that goes 45 yds.

Same with the putting scenario (although I occasionally still get a 100’ scale for a 5’ - 6’ putt). What’s been happening recently is just the opposite. 12’ uphill, straight putt, absolutely no break, correct scale, correct power percentage, and boom, ball goes 2’.

I totally got ya on the aberrant tee shot, as for the rest, in your case, might just be ...

Just sayin'

• ScottHope
    10,107 Posts
    Sun, Feb 27 2022 11:05 AM

HamdenPro:
    Considering I am using an Asus 2/1 Laptop, with a touchpad, next time, should I just slap myself?

Foiled again! Lol.

• PureGro1
    1,656 Posts
    Sun, Feb 27 2022 3:23 PM

HamdenPro:

OMG!!!!!!!!!!  Has this happened to you...? 

ScottHope:

I love being able to use the mouse wheel but it does hurt me more times than I would like.

Cicero733:
    right shot selection, right power percentage,

Cicero733:
    12’ uphill, straight putt, absolutely no break, correct scale, correct power percentage, and boom, ball goes 2’.

Does this happen often or is this a once in blue moon type thing?

HamdenPro:
    Just remember, don't let the big stuff upset you, in the scheme of life, it's the little stuff that's BS!!!!!!!!!!

• HamdenPro
    2,418 Posts
    Sun, Feb 27 2022 3:58 PM

PureGro1:

ScottHope:

I love being able to use the mouse wheel but it does hurt me more times than I would like.

I came upon this, to fix uncooperative wheel mice...

1. STEP ONE - REMOVE COVER

• swordthegamer
    35 Posts
    Sun, Feb 27 2022 4:02 PM

Something that is perhaps interesting: I am now a college student. Earlier last year, in one of my college applications, I wrote about WGT in a response to a question about hobbies and interests. Nothing too crazy. Talked about how I was a pretty decent player and how I got to use math in a video game. Well, I ended up getting accepted to that college which I thought was pretty cool, since now I can perhaps say that virtual golf helped me get into college...

Unfortunately I do not have the response since I wrote it only in the application portal(not on a google/word doc) and I am not able to view my responses. Just thought it was a cool thing to share.

Jimi

RSS