Forums

Help › Forums

45 sec time clock on coin games

Tue, Feb 1 2022 6:51 AM (86 replies)
  • Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Thu, Jan 27 2022 6:58 AM

Bobbylanka:

I personally will not play 45 sec coin games as I require longer, the only reason I see for 45 sec is as a penalty for slower players to give away coins. I have stopped coin games now and have over 500k of coins! 

60 and 90 sec games would encourage greater participation and the faster players can chose or not to join a slower game!

what is most likely is you will spin forever trying to find a game.

60 is already way too long for most shots. 90 would be excruciating.  

Now you would say it would be optional. But this idea would create less matchup opportunities because you'd need to find someone that wanted the same clock.

This idea of increasing times due to <1% needing more time is one of the things that's all messed up with the world right now.

Can't cater to the extremes of the bell curve on anything. ever. 

• PureGro1
    1,656 Posts
    Thu, Jan 27 2022 9:00 AM

Mythanatos:

This idea of increasing times due to <1% needing more time is one of the things that's all messed up with the world right now.

While personally I agree with what you said all most word for word until this...Where in the world would come up with <1% need/want more time?

If someone forced me to pull a number out I would think its closer to 50/50 than 99/100, My number comes from what I've heard people say about the timer....

In Altshot the timer becomes a battle in itself to find one that all 4 like and rarely do I find anyone outside of coin room regulars who will play less than 60sec timers.

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Thu, Jan 27 2022 9:17 AM

"In Altshot the timer becomes a battle in itself to find one that all 4 like and rarely do I find anyone outside of coin room regulars who will play less than 60sec timers."

I fully agree with this. I played alt shot almost exclusively when I made legend. Thousands of games. Alt shot is as much about socializing as the actual game, so a beefier time clock was usually requested.

ct

• Duphpherer
    440 Posts
    Thu, Jan 27 2022 9:59 AM

When will WGT fix that misleading message that shows after timing out, "you have one timeout remaining" when, in reality, you do not have any timeouts remaining. 

It should say, "if you timeout again you're screwed". 

• craigswan
    30,988 Posts
    Thu, Jan 27 2022 10:55 AM

With ten seconds left on the clock countdown  and changing to red digits it tends to put me off and makes me rush it causing a crappy shot .

Well - more crappy than usual .

• SamSpayed
    4,904 Posts
    Thu, Jan 27 2022 12:57 PM

pdb1:

Almost guaranteed to finish In Alt Shot .

Sometime that day .

As someone who plays a LOT of AS games with these settings, I can say from vast experience that such an AS game usually takes 35-50 minutes, even with slow players.  It does not take all day.

• Duphpherer
    440 Posts
    Thu, Jan 27 2022 1:21 PM

What are the thoughts of a tone with 10 seconds left. When I'm struggling to gather up the right club, type of shot, aim and the right distance, the last thing I'm doing is watching the clock. Something audible like a short beep, would give warning and without breaking my concentration, to complete the shot.

Most of us like a nice slow meter, but that meter can contribute big to your timeouts too. Many times, I've been watching the meter come down, ready to ding it, but instead the clock runs out a nanosecond sooner. I suppose if the clock were to stop when you start your swing folks would find a way to exploit it.   

Time really flies when you find yourself completely immersed in getting the shot done. I'm always shocked by the timeout and swear I only had about 20 seconds.  lol 

• BStanley6
    1,180 Posts
    Thu, Jan 27 2022 1:28 PM

SamSpayed:

pdb1:

Almost guaranteed to finish In Alt Shot .

Sometime that day .

As someone who plays a LOT of AS games with these settings, I can say from vast experience that such an AS game usually takes 35-50 minutes, even with slow players.  It does not take all day.

+1 from me & probs another 50 or so from my cc

We play a lot of a/s games at my cc & run regular tourneys also that we setup through our discord page. All of these games are 90 secs & 7 timeouts & it caters to all players that way. Even though you have 90 secs it doesn't mean everyone takes 90 secs a shot. Some take 10, some take 30 & some take 89 every now & then. It creates a lot more social game & for me that is what this game is all about (just like real golf). I agree with Sam in that the games only take 35-50 mins to complete.

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Thu, Jan 27 2022 2:01 PM

PureGro1:

Mythanatos:

While personally I agree with what you said all most word for word until this...Where in the world would come up with <1% need/want more time?

If someone forced me to pull a number out I would think its closer to 50/50 than 99/100, My number comes from what I've heard people say about the timer....

In Altshot the timer becomes a battle in itself to find one that all 4 like and rarely do I find anyone outside of coin room regulars who will play less than 60sec timers.

because all im talking about is coin games. that's the only place that only has a timer of 45 seconds.  that someone wants to change. 

alt shots isn't the same. that's 4 people socializing while they play some golf. I mean that's kind of the fun of that type of play.

coin games are mostly 1 and 3 hole matches and the 1 holes just isn't enough time to really chat and get to know anyone.

so it's play and move on.

and if on an apparel run it's really about maxing out as many games as you can in the 30 minutes that you have. 

RSS