Forums

Help › Forums

45 sec time clock on coin games

Tue, Feb 1 2022 6:51 AM (86 replies)
  • HamdenPro
    2,402 Posts
    Fri, Dec 31 2021 4:41 PM

Mythanatos:

if you use 3rd party programs to calculate for you and you're losing time by entering the numbers and alt tabbing then that's on you. stop using that crap. learn to do it yourself. it's faster.

see the same thing as above if use spreadsheets and that's slowing you down. that's on you. not the game. learn to play without that crap.

Oh, I so can't wait to play with you.

• pmm711
    5,505 Posts
    Fri, Dec 31 2021 5:53 PM

45secs is too long at times...wtf

• jacktrade51
    10,835 Posts
    Fri, Jan 7 2022 8:36 PM

+1

I am thinking WGT is trying to equalize between those of us who think out our shots, and those who guess and shoot and relying on enhanced clubs.  But what do I know.

I only do coin games for a change.

The real game is the 9 or 18 hole game.  My concern is WGT will sacrifice us for the coin players.

• PureGro1
    1,654 Posts
    Sat, Jan 8 2022 7:07 AM

jacktrade51:
    I am thinking WGT is trying to equalize between those of us who think out our shots, and those who guess and shoot and relying on enhanced clubs.  But what do I know.

Wow, So there are only two types....Hmmm, are you sure about that? 

So your opinion is people who use the entire clock are thinking out their shots, while everyone else is just guessing and relying on "enhanced clubs"?

I would have thought that there maybe hundreds/thousands of people whom play differently...Personally some shots may take me 40sec and some may take me less than 5sec, Im not sure which of your two groups I belong to.

• BPeterson8256
    2,903 Posts
    Sat, Jan 8 2022 8:59 AM

jacktrade51:

those who guess and shoot and relying on enhanced clubs. 

I love having enhanced clubs. It is so nice to just guess and still make bird on every hole. Sometimes I like to take the full 45 seconds though so my opponent won't know how easy this game is for those with enhanced clubs.

Golf Ball In Hole GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

On another note... The OP asked a simple question, and the answer is, "not that we are aware of". For now, the clock is 45 seconds. I see no reason to be upset at rules, whatever they may be. If you don't like the rules of the game, play a different game. It's not that complicated, and it is definitely not worth being a jerk to another player about. 

• Duphpherer
    437 Posts
    Sat, Jan 8 2022 10:44 AM

pmm711:

45secs is too long at times...wtf

Yes it is and, at times, 2 minutes is too short. The longest 45 seconds is when you go first and muff your tiebreaker shot. lol 

One thing WGT could do to speed things along is allow the elevation to be shown before it's your turn. On a real golf course there are no bags over the heads of those not hitting. 

We know the yardage and the wind while watching our opponent, it's only elevation that still needs calculating. 

When I set up a round for my brother and me, it's 60 seconds and 7 timeouts. He's 72 and it takes the pressure off and keeps it fun. I'm 6 yrs younger, and it still does get complicated when doing all the calculations especially if I'm between clubs.  

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Sat, Jan 8 2022 4:13 PM

BPeterson8256:
    For now, the clock is 45 seconds. I see no reason to be upset at rules, whatever they may be. If you don't like the rules of the game, play a different game.

And I see no reason why we can't discuss changing the rules in threads like this, if we don't like those rules.

• BPeterson8256
    2,903 Posts
    Sat, Jan 8 2022 4:30 PM

SamSpayed:

BPeterson8256:
    For now, the clock is 45 seconds. I see no reason to be upset at rules, whatever they may be. If you don't like the rules of the game, play a different game.

And I see no reason why we can't discuss changing the rules in threads like this, if we don't like those rules.

+1

I 100% agree with you Scott. There were separate thoughts crammed into one paragraph on my comment. ...my bad. My "play a different game" comment was meant for those who are complete jerks to those who use more clock than they think is appropriate. 

RSS