Forums

Help › Forums

better game

Sat, Dec 12 2009 10:42 PM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Duchaine
    15 Posts
    Thu, Dec 10 2009 2:59 PM
    hi 3 things for better game 1: must have penality for the quitters 2: more courses for group play 3: always be straight whit the ball for putting for better read green thanks
  • gaoerfuqiu
    443 Posts
    Thu, Dec 10 2009 3:26 PM

Thanks for the suggestions, Duchaine!

• krga94a
    2 Posts
    Fri, Dec 11 2009 12:39 AM

...an few more game corrections that would make play better and more accurate - On Beth Black hole number 2, the green is sloped a lot back to front. And yet on approaches the ball always wants to run all the way to the back as though it is sloped front-to-back.  The same is true and even more so of  par 5 hole number 4 on Beth, which is greatly sloped back to front. But all approaches slide all the way to back as though it slopes front to back. PLEASE correct this. It will make for more accurate play

1,644 Posts
    Fri, Dec 11 2009 5:41 AM

krga94a:

...an few more game corrections that would make play better and more accurate - On Beth Black hole number 2, the green is sloped a lot back to front. And yet on approaches the ball always wants to run all the way to the back as though it is sloped front-to-back.  The same is true and even more so of  par 5 hole number 4 on Beth, which is greatly sloped back to front. But all approaches slide all the way to back as though it slopes front to back. PLEASE correct this. It will make for more accurate play

For both holes that you refer to, you are hitting to an extremely elevated putting surface.  Just looking at the physics of the ball flight.... the flight is being cut short of it's normal arc by the landing surface, thus a shorter carry distance.  So what do you need to do?  Take more club.... more club, less loft more forward momentum vs. height.  And when it does land, it has not had time to lose it's forward momentum, and no amount of spin or 'back to front' landing angle will aid in making the ball 'stick' like you want it to.

• cobra4
    359 Posts
    Fri, Dec 11 2009 6:20 AM

krga94a:
    The same is true and even more so of  par 5 hole number 4 on Beth, which is greatly sloped back to front. But all approaches slide all the way to back as though it slopes front to back

Thats because in between the bunker and the pin there is a severe downward bank that the ball hits on your 3rd shot, thus shooting the ball to the back off the green.

Try playing your 2nd shot to the right off the green fairway  (pin high). That way you will avoid that steep bank in between bunker and flag, leaving you a great chance off birdie if not a very safe par at the least.This can only be achieved if you hit the fairway on your 1st shot.

• SMC1967
    41 Posts
    Fri, Dec 11 2009 7:01 AM

hate-hate-hate

the fat shots around the green... Not at all realistic. Pisses me off big time. Wouldnt be so bad If i knew it was comming so I could attemped a differnt shot.

• blopez1234
    1 Posts
    Fri, Dec 11 2009 11:24 AM
    sorry to bother, do you know how to play other courses on stroke play rather than onlbethpage and th island course?
  • Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Fri, Dec 11 2009 3:00 PM

blopez1234:
    sorry to bother, do you know how to play other courses on stroke play rather than onlbethpage and th island course?

There are only two courses as of today that allow stroke play.  There are rumors of another, soon.. but anyone who gives you a specific time or date (that does not work for WGT) is just guessing.

• BayouRunner
    2 Posts
    Fri, Dec 11 2009 3:57 PM

I totally agree with number one! Maybe add 5% of average for every 3 times one quits. I can understand internet connection or computer problems, but to quit just to save ones low average is really lame and unsportsman like. Also add the disconnect precentage to their profile. That way everyone will know that person is probably going to quit after his/her first bad hole.

• chipshotcharlie
    538 Posts
    Sat, Dec 12 2009 9:42 PM

TOPIC AT HAND

better game. when playing multi player chat to the other players its fun u might even find a freind. i played a 4way yesterday and not for lack of trying on my part not a word was typed by the other three. 18holes of silence next time ill quite. the social aspect of this game only adds to the experience &game quality.

thx chippy

• PAGES
RSS