Forums

Help › Forums

Golf Balls During Tournament Play

rated by 0 users
Wed, Dec 16 2009 6:36 AM (21 replies)
    1,644 Posts
    Fri, Dec 11 2009 9:12 AM

Doublemochaman:
    Thanks Lee.  My goof.  But you can't buy more of the same ball AFTER you've run out during a round.  Am I correct on that?

You are correct.

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Fri, Dec 11 2009 9:17 AM

BBB... buy, buy, buy... 'tis the season to buy.  WGT will love you for it!

Do remember, with each sleeve of balls you have to make a new purchase.  You can't buy 3 sleeves at once... but you can buy 3 sleeves for your bag, each individually.

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Fri, Dec 11 2009 9:19 AM

Lee... brrrr... no real golf today.  Is it snowing in Vancouver yet?

1,644 Posts
    Fri, Dec 11 2009 10:26 AM

Doublemochaman:

Lee... brrrr... no real golf today.  Is it snowing in Vancouver yet?

I wouldn't know.... being in Toronto!  ;^P  But it's frigid here too.... 15F when I left the house this morning (not including wind chill)

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Fri, Dec 11 2009 12:16 PM

Avatar.......I too am from Toronto.....Hidden lake golf course is open all year round.  Maybe we can tee it up at Lionhead one day.

• scottxxy
    77 Posts
    Sun, Dec 13 2009 6:56 PM

Hey

The rules of golf apply in this instance.  If you run out, you can't just run in and buy new balls.  Check the USGA rule book.

• igiveup
    110 Posts
    Mon, Dec 14 2009 2:38 AM
    but the rules also say, for tournament play...that the balls must be the same brand, number and compression. Which doesn't occur... but its good fun.... so just enjoy....
  • jakestanfill7
    949 Posts
    Mon, Dec 14 2009 5:50 PM

It would be a nice little reminder to have the golf ball next to your swing meter linked to your bag.  Somewhere near that ball have a number representing the amount of that ball still in your bag.  Seems like a win win.  Players don't get switched to starters balls mid round and WGT boosts ball sales with a little subliminal selling.

• birdwell
    561 Posts
    Mon, Dec 14 2009 11:13 PM

jakestanfill7:

It would be a nice little reminder to have the golf ball next to your swing meter linked to your bag.  Somewhere near that ball have a number representing the amount of that ball still in your bag.  Seems like a win win.  Players don't get switched to starters balls mid round and WGT boosts ball sales with a little subliminal selling.

Great idea jake!

Also I would love to know the condition of a ball before it's equipped. i.e to see the hit meter when viewing the ball in the equipment setup screen.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Dec 15 2009 5:34 PM

you have the option of buying more BEFORE you run out on your last ball and you'll be fine.

But you can't equip your bag with them until the round is over. You have to navigate out of the game to do this which ends the round.

RSS