Forums

Help › Forums

Golf Balls During Tournament Play

rated by 0 users
Wed, Dec 16 2009 6:36 AM (21 replies)
  • BigBallsBilly
    13 Posts
    Thu, Dec 10 2009 2:57 PM

The other day I ran out of my good golf balls on the front nine of a tournament round.  I then was substituted with the plain jane ball.  I save and exited the game expecting that I could go to the Pro Shop, buy more and equip my bag.  But it would not let me.  I had to finish the round with my starter ball.  I'm not crying here, but fortunately it was a free tournament.  If I had paid credits to get in I woulda been pissed.  Maybe I suck, but the good balls mean 2 to 3 strokes per round for me.

Did I miss something or do something wrong?  I actually had more good balls in my profile that I coulda used but couldn't figure out how to get them in my bag in the middle of a tournament.

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Thu, Dec 10 2009 3:07 PM

At present, when you run out of balls during a round, they will be replaced with the same, if you have them.  Otherwise it's back to the plain janes.

• BigBallsBilly
    13 Posts
    Thu, Dec 10 2009 5:07 PM

There's a few things that iritate me about this game, but I deal with them because it's free.  But if you pay for balls, and they run out I think it is absurd to not be allowed to purchase more of the same.  That ... or you should be able to review what's in your bag and if you only have one or two balls left you should be allowed to buy extra balls so that there is no chance of running out during a round.  That way if you run out ... it's on you.

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Thu, Dec 10 2009 5:24 PM

BBB... you can review what balls are in your equipment list before you begin a round to see if you have enough of the same style of ball.  WGT is looking at changing this and allowing you to choose what ball you use to replace a lost or worn out one.

1,644 Posts
    Fri, Dec 11 2009 5:18 AM

You can also review what is in your bag during the round as well, click on you name in the top left and then go to the equipment tab and select the ball.  It will tell you how many of that particular ball you have left.  If you don't think you can make it through the round, you have the option of buying more BEFORE you run out on your last ball and you'll be fine.

• BigBallsBilly
    13 Posts
    Fri, Dec 11 2009 6:45 AM

Doublemochaman:

BBB... you can review what balls are in your equipment list before you begin a round to see if you have enough of the same style of ball.  WGT is looking at changing this and allowing you to choose what ball you use to replace a lost or worn out one.

But what good does that do me if I can't buy more of the same ball prior to the round starting?

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Fri, Dec 11 2009 7:48 AM

Huh?  But you can buy more of the same balls BEFORE you begin your round, just not during the round.

1,644 Posts
    Fri, Dec 11 2009 8:22 AM

Doublemochaman:

Huh?  But you can buy more of the same balls BEFORE you begin your round, just not during the round.

Hey Double,

You CAN buy more of the exact same balls DURING the round and you will be okay, I've done it a few times.

Lee

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Fri, Dec 11 2009 8:43 AM

Thanks Lee.  My goof.  But you can't buy more of the same ball AFTER you've run out during a round.  Am I correct on that?

Long story short:  Stock up on your favorite balls.  And don't worry how heavy they make your bag... our WGT caddies are strong bucks.

• BigBallsBilly
    13 Posts
    Fri, Dec 11 2009 9:02 AM

OK ... so I can buy multiple sets of the balls?  I thought I was unable to buy more of a ball I already had in my bag.  OK, I will try.  This solved my problem.  Thanks

RSS