Forums

Help › Forums

"The Founders Club vs SEL"

Fri, Jan 7 2022 11:52 PM (44 replies)
  • WigerToods2010
    8,445 Posts
    Wed, Dec 8 2021 3:50 PM

Lost 2 down (2&1 in the real golf world) to Ken from Texas.

After going 1 up I couldn't hit a thing. Ken stayed solid on the putts to repeatedly slam the door on any chance I had. 

3 down with 3 to play I finally managed to make a putt and snatch a hole back. 

2 down with 2 to play I hit a decent 195 yard approach iron on the 17th to 5ft in 20mph winds whilst Ken went through the green. Duffed putt to take the game to the last and Ken took the deserved 'W'.

Missed the banter on Twitch as was busy chatting to Ken in Discord land. 

Well played matey. Enjoyed the chat with yourself.

Cheers folks.

• KenBTEXAS
    284 Posts
    Wed, Dec 8 2021 5:12 PM

Johnny and I had a fun spin around the home of golf.

We both played well, a few great shots, but no fireworks.

Tee to green we were fairly even and as with most golf games it all comes down to putting.

Johnny's putter was ice cold and mine did abnormally well, and that was the difference.

As Johnny mentioned we were chatting in discord. In case you hadn't noticed Johnny has a slight accent, and I'd bet mine is just as bad. To make it even more fun, I don't hear that well. I have to appologise if I didn't respond correctly to everything that was said :p

The objective  of this was fun, and I certantly had fun. Hope everyone else did the same.

Thanks Johnny

• WigerToods2010
    8,445 Posts
    Wed, Dec 8 2021 6:01 PM

KenBTEXAS:
    In case you hadn't noticed Johnny has a slight accent

OMG Ken! Just about to hit the Zzz's here when I spotted the above via my mobile.

Approaching  2am and in fits of laughter!

'Slight'??? Bwahahahahahaha ohmahsides 😂😂😂

Thanks for easing the pain.

👍

Psst... any idea how the  Dodgy fella  got on? *whistles innocently* 

• bencat
    506 Posts
    Wed, Dec 8 2021 8:53 PM

Bencat SEL V Gilly 2017 Founders

Ross won the 2nd with a birdie which I answered by taking the 3rd with my own bird. We halved the next 8 holes in either par or birdie until my eagle on 12th which Ross immediately canceled out with a birdie on 13th. Halves on the next 3 holes so we were on the 17th tee AS. I made a putt that 99 times out of 100 I would not have made for a birdie and as we halved 18th in birds in was the difference maker.

Bencat wins 1up

Well played Ross, you are a true competitor and a credit to your club 

• AussieMick11
    1,275 Posts
    Thu, Dec 9 2021 4:59 AM

great stuff everyone!

can someone at SEL please help me contact jhusjr to setup our mobile match? i posted on his wall a week ago but have not heard anything. much appreciated!

• SCHOLESY68
    45 Posts
    Thu, Dec 9 2021 2:13 PM

Streaming link here if anyone's interested. SCHOLESY68 - Twitch

• Jobu333
    303 Posts
    Thu, Dec 9 2021 7:24 PM

I'm trying to get in touch with HOLLANDER68 to set up our match.  My friend request was accepted and I sent a message through, but haven't heard anything. I assume an email went through, but I know as a primarily mobile player they may not be used to checking the forums.  If any SEL member has contact with him and can ask him to look at his messages, I'd appreciate it.

Luke

• ttuna1234
    526 Posts
    Sat, Dec 11 2021 1:23 PM

Just finished a fun spin with xxxvandalxxx. Joe is fine guy and a good player. My putting was just a little off and that was enough. Halved the first 7 holes, then Joe made a nice 20 footer to go one up on me. Stayed that way to 15 when he got another one on me. Joe hit a beauty to 8' on 17 and nailed the swervy curvy putt for a beauty of a bird. The tuna goes down for the count 3 & 1. Always fun to play. Cheers Joe, enjoyed it my friend. Big fun.

• RANGER1988
    1,058 Posts
    Sat, Dec 11 2021 6:00 PM

RANGER1988  VS  TomWillie0

Tom and I had a real grinder on Friday Evening, the Match was filled with some great shots and some great putt's dropping for us. The Match came to a close on Hole #20 with Tom sinking a beautiful Bird from 27 Feet winning 1-up.

Cheers Tom, was a pleasure to meet you, enjoyed the laugh's we had along the way!

Thanks Pete and JD for setting this up for all of us

Take care and Happy Holiday's Everyone!

Topper

• Jobu333
    303 Posts
    Sun, Dec 12 2021 10:43 AM

HOLLANDER68 vs. Jobu333

Pieter and I just wrapped up our mobile match up.  Was the back 9 at Torrey Pines.  He took the early lead and the match stayed close.  I never was able to take the lead, as his approaches were tight to the hole and his putter was working (6 one putts).  

We went to the last hole with Pieter up one.  Thankfully (for me) there was enough of a tail wind to allow me to cover the pond in the front of the green in 2.  I finally hit a putt to make eagle.  Pieter had a great chip and putt for birdie and the match ended tied 31-31.

Thanks to JD and Pete for organizing this matchup.  It was a fun round.

Best of luck to those who are yet to play.

Luke

RSS