Forums

Help › Forums

Showdown

Thu, Jan 18 2024 9:07 AM (23 replies)
  • mrm6400
    1,793 Posts
    Sun, Nov 14 2021 5:25 AM

And I got a player that maxed out his shots on every shot.  It took 40 minutes to complete 3 holes.  He would hit the ball on the green and then back in the fairway and he waited until the shot clock ran out on each shot.  What a joke and just throws you off on your game as it is impossible to get into a groove with players that are just out to disrupt anyone's round.

And I can't make a 5 foot putt.

• BOZskills
    407 Posts
    Sun, Nov 14 2021 5:40 AM

I had a new but similar experience while playing the final round of the latest showdown. First,of the six opponents,three of them quit. I was playing the 12-15 holes when my guy quits after the 1st hole. No prob,game lets me continue alone,i shoot -2 for those three holes. When i go to play my last three,scorecard says i had bogies on those three holes i just finished? So i go to play my next 3 and i'm so ticked i make bogey on the first hole and two lackluster pars,because i'm like whats the difference all i'm gonna get is my entry fee back (not my hits on my ball). Only to find when i finish that the scorecard is now correct with the 2 under for the previous three holer. Wtf???

• Whiffle1974
    110 Posts
    Sun, Nov 14 2021 8:59 AM

At least you all get the chance to play. Everytime now that I try to play the showdown I get the Unity dll flashing and get kicked back to the desktop and end up forfeiting the match. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall the app and it didnt work either. So i'm left out of that part of the game completely... not sure what to do about it either... y'all have fun in there :)

• PRIESTESS
    10,708 Posts
    Sun, Nov 14 2021 10:57 AM

BOZskills:

I had a new but similar experience while playing the final round of the latest showdown. First,of the six opponents,three of them quit. I was playing the 12-15 holes when my guy quits after the 1st hole. No prob,game lets me continue alone,i shoot -2 for those three holes. When i go to play my last three,scorecard says i had bogies on those three holes i just finished? So i go to play my next 3 and i'm so ticked i make bogey on the first hole and two lackluster pars,because i'm like whats the difference all i'm gonna get is my entry fee back (not my hits on my ball). Only to find when i finish that the scorecard is now correct with the 2 under for the previous three holer. Wtf???

WGT know about this so WHY ARE THEY STILL PUSHING THIS OUT?     Because they DONT CARE!!!   90% will be fine so its just bad luck on that other 10%. 

• PRIESTESS
    10,708 Posts
    Sun, Nov 14 2021 10:59 AM

mrm6400:

And I got a player that maxed out his shots on every shot.  It took 40 minutes to complete 3 holes.  He would hit the ball on the green and then back in the fairway and he waited until the shot clock ran out on each shot.  What a joke and just throws you off on your game as it is impossible to get into a groove with players that are just out to disrupt anyone's round.

And I can't make a 5 foot putt.

In the final round i am paired with someone a pro with all starter equip. NO WAY has he qualified on Vet so showdowns are getting paired with turf war players who are quitting causing problems. Its a   s h i t  show of mistakes!!

I dont want the 100c back , they can stick that where the sun dont shine. Its the time i spent wasting playing through the first 2 rounds.  12 under after 9 holes i would have been but because of the Brain Bug and it must be Brain bug because it has them stumped i am 9 under after 12. That is some turnaround simply because they allow anyone doing coins to pair with players in the final of showdowns!!!!!

• MioKontic
    4,631 Posts
    Sun, Nov 14 2021 5:06 PM

PRIESTESS:

That is some turnaround simply because they allow anyone doing coins to pair with players in the final of showdowns!!!!!

I was going to suggest earlier in the thread that they should only pair showdown players together, but you'd never get the games played.  The only solution, like you already said, is to play single.  Definitely shouldn't be against non-showdown players.  And ALL players should PLAY THE SAME HOLES... IN THE SAME ORDER!

I don't think WGT, or TopGolf, or whoever runs the game now, know anything about golf because if they did they wouldn't put out this crap.

• Mythanatos
    2,216 Posts
    Mon, Nov 15 2021 7:29 AM

BOZskills:

It's been discussed before. It's just a display bug. it sometimes happens after someone forfeits but you are allowed to continue.

when you finish all 18 holes it corrects itself.

totally different than the forfeit and you get the cancel and retry buttons and are locked.

• craigswan
    31,287 Posts
    Mon, Nov 15 2021 10:36 AM

I only have 5 credits left and you need 10 credits to play .

So lucky me .

sport golfing GIF by Wilson Golf

• BOZskills
    407 Posts
    Mon, Nov 15 2021 4:42 PM

Thanks,Mythanatos i didn't realize that. I've had many forfeits in the showdowns but the 1st time i've had this happen.

• renewell
    35 Posts
    Mon, Nov 15 2021 8:38 PM

this is not related to this topic but I dont know how to post my own issues.  I nhave been trying for several days  to get free credits by taking surveys or watching videos.  cannot do either one.  anyone else having this problem?  I also thought I was chatting with an expert but must have been a robot because couldn't answer my question.  I also asked why wgt spends so much time putting all the garbage sound effects and charging real life prices for golf balls that you only get to hit a couple hundred times or lose it sooner than that.  I play golf balls until I lose them and that means that I play on average 200 holes with one ball, not 54 holes at most.  it is time for wgt to come down to earth and put realistic prices on the premium balls  why should we pay 6 to 7 dollars for a sleeve of balls when you can buy the real thing for 4 dollars a sleeve.  wgt makes plenty of money and wastes it on gimmicky golf balls and worthless improved clubs.  I have not yet seen a NEW driver that travels over three hundred yards  most are listed at 287 or slightly more.  the last one I bought was several years ago and it was top of the line and it is rated at 287 yds, so where is the improvement?  the only thing that has improved is the price......it got way higher for no reason except for being the latest thing.   I used to play every day two or three different times but now I hardly play at all.   Get USER FRIENDLY WGT

RSS