Forums

Help › Forums

Showdown

Thu, Jan 18 2024 9:07 AM (23 replies)
  • PRIESTESS
    10,703 Posts
    Sat, Nov 13 2021 1:51 PM

You gotta laugh!!!  I mean really its quite comical!!!!

YOU advertise the showdown for days but you are advertising a product which has major faults lol.  I,l give yer a quick eg because obviously the penny hasn't dropped or Ignorance is at a supreme level within WGT.

So ya go through Qualifying. Happpppppppppppyyyyyyyyyyyyyy  days. 

Wait 2 days and do the Elimination and all of a sudden you are breaking records and playing like never before. WOW  5 under through 3 holes. Can you beleive it?   BUT the numpty you teed off with don't give 2 s h i t s because he disco's after 6 shots on an easy par 4 with starter irons. WHO Cares right? Just play on. Quick glimpse at the leaderboard to admire that sensational , " Rare" 3 holes and you see 6 holes played NOT 3  2 under par NOT 5 under for 3 holes and now you have to play out ya skin to qualify. ALL that time playing the Qualifier and waiting to play next round and ALL that Leveling through BOXES to compete against the sheep in wolf's clothing level 10 players is WASTED!!   

BUT you still PROMOTE the product like it was a New Years Eve Party in Monte Carlo. 

• Connorjwebb123
    421 Posts
    Sat, Nov 13 2021 1:58 PM
    Well said T… what a joke the showdown still is… still the same since 2019.
  • PRIESTESS
    10,703 Posts
    Sat, Nov 13 2021 2:11 PM

Connorjwebb123:

Just let players tee off as single players. Forget about the stupid coins lol

• MioKontic
    4,598 Posts
    Sat, Nov 13 2021 2:16 PM

Just to add to Tess's comments, each group of 50 should play the same 9 or 18 holes IN EXACTLY THE SAME ORDER!  You can't have one player playing, for example, the last 3 holes as two par 3's and a par 4 (where you will do very well to get 3 birdies), but another player playing three par 5's, where they have a good chance of getting at least one eagle, and birdies are almost a given.  How on earth can countback work when players are playing different holes?!?

And what about level 90+ Tour Pros playing with top equipment off baby tees, and scoring birdie after birdie when their average shows 70+.

So many things need to be sorted with competitive play, but all WGT are interested in is putting new apparel and expensive VIRTUAL goilf balls into the shop!  Are all their programmers just working on that?  Is anyone working on fixing bugs (like the one Tess described - you shouldn't penalise a player if the opponent forfeits/quits) and actually making the game better?

• MioKontic
    4,598 Posts
    Sat, Nov 13 2021 2:24 PM

PRIESTESS:

Connorjwebb123:

Totally agree.  Fed up of sitting here watching players take 40 seconds per shot, and then still ending up miles away from the hole.  I can play 9 holes in the time it takes some of them to play 2 or 3 holes... and score better!

• PRIESTESS
    10,703 Posts
    Sat, Nov 13 2021 2:41 PM

MioKontic:

PRIESTESS:

Connorjwebb123:

Totally agree.  Fed up of sitting here watching players take 40 seconds per shot, and then still ending up miles away from the hole.  I can play 9 holes in the time it takes some of them to play 2 or 3 holes... and score better!

Just eliminate the problem!!  Single play.

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Sat, Nov 13 2021 9:47 PM

another side effect is really good players being forced to play in casablanca and basically abusing lower skilled players and taking their coins. 

it creates a lot of unfair matchups.

the bogey bug is avoidable albeit the workaround shouldn't be needed and it should have been fixed forever ago.

i play in most of the showdowns and do ok but they do take forever. Takes a minimum of 1.5 hours to play 18 holes. It's a lot of waiting.

then if other player has a crappy connection and it takes forever to load it takes longer.

on average it takes closer to 1:45 to play all 18 holes. 

one thing also not mentioned is the green speeds and wind strengths also are variable. This really has a determining factor on the winner. 

I can have a great round going but if i get st andy and CB with 30 mph winds and someone else gets 5-9mph winds. They have an edge. no doubt about it. 

It's easily the difference between 1st and 10th or worse.

• tanneralis
    419 Posts
    Sat, Nov 13 2021 11:30 PM

I was just about to tap in a birdie for 7 under after 8 holes in the showdown, I got disco'd for no reason whatsoever...came back into the game to find myself at 4 under after 9 holes...to top it off I have to play off the front tees with slow or standard greens...what a load of crap...the flash version was 1000% better than this app bs

• PRIESTESS
    10,703 Posts
    Sun, Nov 14 2021 3:55 AM

tanneralis:

I was just about to tap in a birdie for 7 under after 8 holes in the showdown, I got disco'd for no reason whatsoever...came back into the game to find myself at 4 under after 9 holes...to top it off I have to play off the front tees with slow or standard greens...what a load of crap...the flash version was 1000% better than this app bs

So how can they let this product out for people around the world to play , relating to the "Showdown" only. There is a huge issue which isn't being fixed or cant be. 

• PRIESTESS
    10,703 Posts
    Sun, Nov 14 2021 5:22 AM

PRIESTESS:

You gotta laugh!!!  I mean really its quite comical!!!!

YOU advertise the showdown for days but you are advertising a product which has major faults lol.  I,l give yer a quick eg because obviously the penny hasn't dropped or Ignorance is at a supreme level within WGT.

So ya go through Qualifying. Happpppppppppppyyyyyyyyyyyyyy  days. 

Wait 2 days and do the Elimination and all of a sudden you are breaking records and playing like never before. WOW  5 under through 3 holes. Can you believe it?   BUT the numpty you teed off with don't give 2 s h i t s because he disco's after 6 shots on an easy par 4 with starter irons. WHO Cares right? Just play on. Quick glimpse at the leaderboard to admire that sensational , " Rare" 3 holes and you see 6 holes played NOT 3  2 under par NOT 5 under for 3 holes and now you have to play out ya skin to qualify. ALL that time playing the Qualifier and waiting to play next round and ALL that Leveling through BOXES to compete against the sheep in wolf's clothing level 10 players is WASTED!!   

BUT you still PROMOTE the product like it was a New Years Eve Party in Monte Carlo. 

This happened in the final round not Elimination round

RSS