Forums

Help › Forums

Next stupid question

rated by 0 users
Thu, Nov 4 2021 8:47 AM (5 replies)
  • rkearns469
    25 Posts
    Tue, Nov 2 2021 1:09 PM

It is frustrating that the opponent appears transparent while on the green, however if my image (apparently I can't spell avator ), is blocking the flag and the grid, I have to use a mirrored view prospective to putt, any suggestions?

• HamdenPro
    2,424 Posts
    Wed, Nov 3 2021 2:50 PM

rkearns469:
    It is frustrating that the opponent appears transparent while on the green, however if my image (apparently I can't spell avator ), is blocking the flag and the grid, I have to use a mirrored view prospective to putt, any suggestions?

You can make your player transparant (or what they call transparant) by going to Settings and choosing the option to allow traparancy (no political meaning intended). As far as "mirrored view", I would not use a mirror, it is difficult as it is but I do suggest viewing the putt from behind your avatar as well as from behind the cup before putting.

Good Luck.

• MarchieB
    1,526 Posts
    Thu, Nov 4 2021 5:20 AM

" Avatar "

• PureGro1
    1,656 Posts
    Thu, Nov 4 2021 5:24 AM

HamdenPro:
    You can make your player transparant (or what they call transparant) by going to Settings and choosing the option to allow traparancy

In flash you could- I dont think there is a setting for this now.

• ScottHope
    10,151 Posts
    Thu, Nov 4 2021 5:52 AM

HamdenPro:
    You can make your player transparant (or what they call transparant) by going to Settings and choosing the option to allow traparancy

Where is that exactly?

We had it in flash... 
     ...but it's not in the app AFAIK.
  • HamdenPro
    2,424 Posts
    Thu, Nov 4 2021 8:47 AM

ScottHope:
    Where is that exactly?

Hmmmm, that actually is an excellent question!!! LMAO

I went back and checked, where I believed the Avatar setting to be, and it is not there. Someone hijacked it!!!

After doing some research on the forums, the nearest I came to an answer is that there is no setting on the new version.  I did find an older thread where the general conclusion was:

"...your avatar goes translucent only when it blocks your aimer (even partially)"

Further, the majority opinion was that you should use reverse cam view when avatar is in way of aimer.

Testing out the above quoted theory, I went to the practive green and placed my ball 75' from the cup in somewhat of a straight line. My aimer was blocked and the player was not translucent. I putted the ball every 5 or 6 feet and the avatar did not become translucent until I was within 13' from the hole.  Extrapolate what you want but, imo, the avatar does not become translucent until you get closer to the cup.

I agree, the best for me is to use reverse cam when avatar is blocking aimer.

RSS