Forums

Help › Forums

The opposite of a club looking for members......

Wed, Nov 10 2021 7:23 AM (6 replies)
  • Cel7
    107 Posts
    Thu, Oct 21 2021 3:59 AM

Usually you see clubs coming in here with their own particular sets of requirements.....discourse, must play this, must do that, cant quit games etc.

This is the opposite......I have never joined a club because i have not found one yet that meets what i am looking for....so here is who i am as a player......

I play lots

I play coin

I play one on one

I play some bracket

I play mobile only 

I dont do discourse

I dont do chat too much because of the challenges on the phone  - i will be polite and say gg etc

I dont add friends (likely because i dont get to know anyone because i dont chat)

I come onto my phone in between meetings at work, and i want to just knock off a quick game or two

I sometimes do quit.....not usually rage quit, (although having made legend and seeing a 5 foot putt roll out 30 feet makes it very tempting) but if i do quit its because life is calling and i have to run

Most of the games i play with others are of the quick variety 1-3 holes because i cant usually get enough time to do a 9 holer.  I can do 9 by myself because if life interrupts, i can then go back to it

I am not anti social...in fact if there are forums etc, i would likely  play a role....but i am anti social when it comes to the game for either the difficult chat reason, or that i cant add that kind of time to a playing interaction.  If i can interact on my own time and schedule, i am quite social - thats why a forum works well for me

So i dont know if am ready to join a club, but if anyone thinks their club fits within the criteria above, I would consider for sure.

Cheers

• Cleworthy
    3,466 Posts
    Sat, Oct 23 2021 8:36 AM
  • bobyero
    23 Posts
    Thu, Oct 28 2021 6:50 AM

Cel7:

Usually you see clubs coming in here with their own particular sets of requirements.....discourse, must play this, must do that, cant quit games etc.

I am not anti social...in fact if there are forums etc, i would likely  play a role....but i am anti social when it comes to the game for either the difficult chat reason, or that i cant add that kind of time to a playing interaction.  If i can interact on my own time and schedule, i am quite social - thats why a forum works well for me

So i dont know if am ready to join a club, but if anyone thinks their club fits within the criteria above, I would consider for sure.

Cheers

Hi. I too didn't join a club for pretty much the same reasons. 

So I started my own club called Duff Creek for those reasons plus I wanted  to create some courses to play as the "best of" courses are missing a lot of the best holes.

Only a few have joined and I have no idea who they are as we haven't chatted at all. I suspect they also wanted a no rules club and of course the free putter pal which is fine by me.

So you're welcome to join and welcome to play the tournaments on courses like HARD, SHORT, SCENIC and AUGUSTA.  Don't have to finish any round. Up to you. You can always leave a club any time. Or you could just start your own.

Cheers 

• Nancy1959
    7,065 Posts
    Sat, Oct 30 2021 1:26 AM

Take a look at Majestic Mountain.  All of our members are active and other than having fun as each person sees fit, there are no other expectations.  Zero.

Don't like to Clash?  Don't play in them (I play some, but very sparingly because they seem like a big waste of time and money to me and our CC is never going to compete to win the thing.  Don't want to chat in Discord?  Then don't (I don't either).  Options for different ways to play this game are fun for some but not for others.  Majestic Mountain allows (and actually enforces) everyone enjoying this game as they see fit.  Also, there is never any stupid drama here...any hint of it and someone is booted out. 

We are just about having fun (whatever that means to each member).

~Nancy

• bwsq
    98 Posts
    Mon, Nov 1 2021 7:30 AM

Take a look at Club Kenyon.

I'm a 1 man club with 1 rule: be nice

No chat

No drama

No required play

Play your own way

2 things I do not offer

Bracket tourneys (club too small)

Shot pal...about a week away till the club gets to level 4

• HamdenPro
    2,418 Posts
    Thu, Nov 4 2021 4:28 PM

Cel7:
    I am not anti social...

Dang, you had me until not being anti - social....otherwise, I would have said join REDRUM.

We have no owner, we have no rules, we do not even have fun...but...we have free chat and putt pals and do not care what you do. Once the owner went AWOL, I kinda ran things as Director. However, in an incoherrent state, I accidently quit and then when I came back to the club, I was, and am, a Recruit. I will always be a Recruit because only the Owner can make me otherwise. Since then, we have less tournaments...but otherwise, the lack of fun has not changed..so....for some, we are perfect!!!!

Unfortunately, not being anti-social may kill your chances to join REDRUM but, on the other hand, since any one can join, and we are so lame and apathetic to begin with, you could join and no one would know or even care....So, whadya think?

If you do join, you will get a personal welcome message from Me.

• Cel7
    107 Posts
    Wed, Nov 10 2021 7:23 AM

Hey.....just checked back on this thread.....I joined Cleworthy's club as Jim was the first to reach out to me and am having fun with it...thank you to the others for your kindness and your humour....had a few good laughs reading the responses.  Have fun all.  

RSS