Forums

Help › Forums

Accessing the Balls During the Game

Sat, Aug 6 2022 1:19 AM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • rixtertrader
    28 Posts
    Thu, Oct 27 2011 9:31 AM

When playing real Golf, it normal to be able to grab a different ball if you want to.

In WGT, if you use up your last ball of one type during the game, it reverts to the generic ball.

If the player has better balls in his bag, he should be allowed to use it instead of the generic ball.

Give players the ability to select a new ball from the equipment bag when one set is take out of play so that a good game does not turn into a bad game due to having to use those generic balls.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Oct 27 2011 9:34 AM

In a nutshell, rixter, it's against the rules of golf. WGT sticks pretty close to them.

Read more about why here.  http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/37947.aspx?PageIndex=1

• rixtertrader
    28 Posts
    Thu, Oct 27 2011 9:36 AM

Sure, but since when does a ball expire during a game outside of going into a ditch or water?

If they're going to expire our balls during a game, at least we should be able to select another in our bag.

Just seems logical to me.

What is the difference from switching us to the generic balls during the game as they do now?

No difference...rule wise.

• BubbaCrusher007
    1,567 Posts
    Thu, Oct 27 2011 9:37 AM

I agree. That's how it is in real life. Not a WGT. They want you to go and stock up on your fav ball so they can make 'Money'.

duh,,,so. Just keep plenty of your fav balls handy during the round. Wgt isn't gonna change this option because,,,it just don't want to lose the gimmick to get you to buy balls.

I know it sucks to run outta balls during a round,,but duh,,it warns you when you are low so, be careful not to start until you have purchased the balls that you need in your sleeve.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Oct 27 2011 9:40 AM

The 2nd page on that link above has a post by AvatarLee that explains why.

Remember Tin Cup  and Kevin Costner hitting that 3W to the 18th green? He was down to his last ball and would have been DQ'd had he missed the shot-it was his last ball.

• 3puttsSuk
    361 Posts
    Thu, Oct 27 2011 5:34 PM

For all the Tin Cup fans

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mWKIMGinvg

As far as the Rules and the "One Ball Condition"

http://golf.about.com/cs/rulesofgolf/a/rulefaq_oneball.htm

As Far as Golf Ball Lifespan...this came from Answers.com

Ernie Els said there is only one birdie in a golf ball. On the pro tours a ball would only last around 6 holes, because the cover is so soft (Titlesit Pro V 1, Callaway HX, Taylormade TP) and the grooves are so sharp. An amateur could basically use a golf ball until they lose it. A golf ball if hit continously, depending on what type it is could last around 20 rounds before it would become dead.

WGT wants to provide the most realistic golfing experience.  Since PGA Tour Players arent paying for their balls I guess WGT lets us keep them longer than the big boys.
    But killing a ball mid round is just silly.   I'd mention clubs but someone has already kidded about that .  I'm off to the Pro Shop to stock up on tees, a new glove and some replacement soft spikes. LOL
  • BuffBill
    4 Posts
    Tue, Aug 2 2022 9:55 PM

Not a good analogy. 

• BuffBill
    4 Posts
    Tue, Aug 2 2022 9:57 PM

Exactly if you can switch from Titleist to WGT then you only have to be able to switch from one type of titleist to another. Further, WGT does not always warn you or give you an opportunity to reload. This makes the situation more frustrating. You come to rely on being able to reload in game, then all of a sudden no option and you are playing a WGT ball with $100 worth of balls in your bag. Sorry but this is really greedy.

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Wed, Aug 3 2022 10:08 AM

They give you a free, unlimited ball - how is not allowing you to consume your costly balls greedy?

But, you know (or should know) that the bag is locked during a game, this is a given thing from day one. And, the other balls aren't in your bag but in your inventory.

If you decide to rely on not enough balls when entering the game, then the game must be of no importance to you.

My two Pfennig: Quit the game or continue, buy or change to new balls outside, start over!

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,504 Posts
    Wed, Aug 3 2022 5:31 PM

My two centavos beside your Pfennig, alosso.

• PAGES
RSS