Forums

Help › Forums

Trade-in values?

Sun, Dec 13 2009 1:02 PM (26 replies)
  • Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Sun, Dec 6 2009 11:32 AM

SP... I totally agree there should be free club testing allowed.  That concept does fit with good customer service, and it is something WGT should adopt.  Going back to that Audi A4, at least you get to test-drive it before you buy it.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sun, Dec 6 2009 12:07 PM

Yes, Moch...did you get a test drive after dinner? Hopefully so....(:-)))

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Sun, Dec 6 2009 12:16 PM

Cute.  I didn't ask the dealership for any special privileges.   But I can tell you the seafood pasta and sauvignon blanc was delicious.

• GolfDum
    396 Posts
    Sun, Dec 6 2009 12:34 PM

In my last email to WGT asking for a return of my credits for a club set I purchased (and HATED with a passion) I was told a driving range was coming soon. It was also stated that you would be able to "try out" clubs at this driving range, exactly like what you are saying.

Hopefully, this happens sooner than later.

GD

• AdamTurner
    103 Posts
    Sun, Dec 6 2009 1:37 PM

Ok throwing my hands up on this one.

At least, I think, CutiePie kind of agrees with me. Not sure. :)

• AdamTurner
    103 Posts
    Sun, Dec 6 2009 2:01 PM

Guess I'll just pretend this is bad business.

• jimjam114
    68 Posts
    Sun, Dec 6 2009 3:37 PM

ive been in buissness for a while now and all its tought me is the biger it gets the less they care and proffit comes first and formost. adam btw i agree with you at the end of the day its a game, games r fun & frustrating makes this a beauty

gg jimjam114

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Sun, Dec 6 2009 4:41 PM

Adam, I think it's necessary to make the distinction between virtual and real world.

In the virtual world in general it would seem that no refunds is standard procedure. You won't receive a refund for videos you pay to download, games you download or the mp3's you buy.  The fact that the medium is digital changes everything, so it doesn't make sense to make a comparison between virtual & real world return policies.  It's apples and oranges.

People download add-on material for their games (and profiles) on Xbox Live and The Playstation Network.  Things like roster updates for Madden, new jersey colors and songs for guitar hero are purchased digitally every day.  All of which are eligible for a 0% refund.

To be honest, I'm quite thankful that WGT gives us 25% because 3 or 4 months ago we didn't even have that.  If you consider the precedent that's been set by the online community I think it's kind of unfair to accuse WGT of bad business.  You'll be hard-pressed to find another company who will refund any part of a virtual purchase.

• AlaCowboy
    1,321 Posts
    Sun, Dec 6 2009 5:13 PM

nivlac:

Adam, I think it's necessary to make the distinction between virtual and real world.

In the virtual world in general it would seem that no refunds is standard procedure. You won't receive a refund for videos you pay to download, games you download or the mp3's you buy.  The fact that the medium is digital changes everything, so it doesn't make sense to make a comparison between virtual & real world return policies.  It's apples and oranges.

People download add-on material for their games (and profiles) on Xbox Live and The Playstation Network.  Things like roster updates for Madden, new jersey colors and songs for guitar hero are purchased digitally every day.  All of which are eligible for a 0% refund.

To be honest, I'm quite thankful that WGT gives us 25% because 3 or 4 months ago we didn't even have that.  If you consider the precedent that's been set by the online community I think it's kind of unfair to accuse WGT of bad business.  You'll be hard-pressed to find another company who will refund any part of a virtual purchase.

I will add this : Checking refund/return policy in advance is the smart thing to do for any purchase. If that is done, there is no room to complain afterward.

And if that is not done, there is no room to complain afterward.

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Sun, Dec 6 2009 8:18 PM

Thanks for the lively discussion and feedback. We do have plans to let you try out equipment, so hopefully that will help to alleviate some of the issues you have with buying virtual equipment.

RSS