Help › Forums

Showdowns

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jun 9 2021 9:34 AM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Felix8888
    187 Posts
    Sun, May 30 2021 2:09 PM

Has anyone else experienced having holes played on your card by someone else ? Happened in the last Showdown where I had someone else's scores for 3 holes. I e-mailed support and there fix was giving me back my coins. Just had it happen again today in the 2nd rd of the current Showdown. I played 1-3 at 1 under. Next up was holes 6-9 and my score was 2 over. Guess I won't be playing showdowns anymore

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,496 Posts
    Sun, May 30 2021 2:17 PM

Felix8888:
    having holes played on your card by someone else

Now this is a new way of describing the bug. LOL

Hi Felix, it's a well-known issue associated with the showdown event that has been persistent for almost two years since the beginning of it. Just punch "showdown bogeys" in SEARCH on the right side of the screen and you'll find tons of related threads.

Despite the circumstances, it doesn't look like WGT will fix it any time soon. Many including myself don't even look at the showdown thing now every time it pops up. The more you play it, the more WGT will think it's okay.

• spa75
    330 Posts
    Sun, May 30 2021 2:52 PM

Hi. I've had similar problems,  played 1st 3 holes was 2 under, started 2nd 3 holes,  and opponent quit on 1st hole, I got error message and game froze so quickly refreshed and when game came back. I was given 3 bogies for those three hole totaly unfair, I did nothing wrong. 

Gl everyone  and happy smashing. 

• ichott
    56 Posts
    Mon, May 31 2021 1:21 AM

Agree with all that above, as a previous winner and top 10 showdowns I did enjoy the format but my last glitch was that my opponent had forfeit whilst he was about to play his 2nd shot on a par 4, I had out driven him by 40 yds but was still of course surprised

but more surprised when the end of match came up and it changed to ME that had forfeit 🤬

sent ALL details inc screenshots from my replay video and customer services answer was to apologise and give back my worthless coins - so no more showdown for me - it needs a major boycott for anything to be even mildly addressed!

• SamSpayed
    4,895 Posts
    Thu, Jun 3 2021 5:34 PM

SimonTheBeetle:
    Despite the circumstances, it doesn't look like WGT will fix it any time soon. Many including myself don't even look at the showdown thing now every time it pops up. The more you play it, the more WGT will think it's okay.

+1.  Don't encourage bad behavior by WGT!

What's it been, 19 months now without a fix?  And people still play those bug-riddled Showdowns?  

WGT is laughing at you every time the bogey glitch happens.  Go ahead, throw your credits away.  At this point, after 19 months, I'm laughing at you, too 😂

• PureGro1
    1,655 Posts
    Fri, Jun 4 2021 4:12 AM

I had this happen maybe 2-3 showdowns back I know it was for sure a problem, Since that time I have had multiple opponents forfeit during showdown and it does not end the game for me anymore- It says "Opponent Forfeited" and then my game continues as normal.

Maybe I have just got lucky...I honestly thought this was fixed due to my own experience with it.

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Fri, Jun 4 2021 6:32 AM

• Felix8888
    187 Posts
    Fri, Jun 4 2021 5:01 PM

I have only been playing Showdowns for 6 mths. Had no issue for the first 6 or 7 tourneys. Just started having problems recently so obviously questioned. You must be easily amused.

• SamSpayed
    4,895 Posts
    Sat, Jun 5 2021 2:30 PM

Felix8888:

I have only been playing Showdowns for 6 mths. Had no issue for the first 6 or 7 tourneys. Just started having problems recently so obviously questioned. You must be easily amused.

Very good points by yourself and others, Felix.  I was probably a little harsh with the "laughing at you" comment.  Sorry about that.  I guess I'm just frustrated that the bogey glitch persists after such a long time.  I'm glad to hear it's the exception rather than the rule.  But I still think it needs to be looked at (and fixed!) by WGT.

Yes, there are workarounds (i.e. don't hit CANCEL, hard close the app and restart it), but my understanding is that those workarounds are hit-or-miss as well.  Sometimes they work and sometimes they don't.  And players shouldn't have to do workarounds (or replay holes) because of WGT's faulty programming.

• PAGES
RSS