Frustated and tired in tiering up.

rated by 0 users
Fri, Oct 21 2011 2:32 PM (17 replies)
  • PAGES
  • broahes
    191 Posts
    Fri, Oct 21 2011 9:52 AM

renniw52:

Look at me John, I have been a Master since Terry Bradshaw had a full head of hair.

Keyboard says thanks for the coffee Ren! LOL

John, as everyone else is saying (but in nicer terms) screw the nay sayers.  Tiering up was something I focused on when I first started playing seriously.. I obsessed over it actually.  It wasn't until I let that go and just started enjoying all the other aspects of the game that my average started coming down as a Master.  I've still got a few points to go to get to TM, but to be honest.. doesn't really matter to me anymore.  I've found a lot of good friends to play with on a regular basis that keep the game enjoyable yet competitive at the same time.  I suggest getting you a tight nit group of players that enjoy stroke rounds and playing with them.. they won't be giving you any BS over what tier you are.  Feel free to add me.. at the moment I am a stroke play junkie.. it keeps my play paced and I seem to get a few shots lower due to that.

Cheers,

Brooks

• Johnloucks
    10 Posts
    Fri, Oct 21 2011 10:47 AM

broahes:

renniw52:

Look at me John, I have been a Master since Terry Bradshaw had a full head of hair.

Keyboard says thanks for the coffee Ren! LOL

John, as everyone else is saying (but in nicer terms) screw the nay sayers.  Tiering up was something I focused on when I first started playing seriously.. I obsessed over it actually.  It wasn't until I let that go and just started enjoying all the other aspects of the game that my average started coming down as a Master.  I've still got a few points to go to get to TM, but to be honest.. doesn't really matter to me anymore.  I've found a lot of good friends to play with on a regular basis that keep the game enjoyable yet competitive at the same time.  I suggest getting you a tight nit group of players that enjoy stroke rounds and playing with them.. they won't be giving you any BS over what tier you are.  Feel free to add me.. at the moment I am a stroke play junkie.. it keeps my play paced and I seem to get a few shots lower due to that.

Cheers,

Brooks

Thanks a lot. I will add you to my friends list and we can play a few rounds. I was just frustrated and getting pissed what people are saying about my level and tier. I have over 520 played rounds. I see their played rounds and they don't have but 400 rnds played and on a higher tier than me. I tell them good on them for making making a higher tier in fewer rnds than me. The one thing that they don't see is that i don't quit a game when I make a bad shot or more.

John

• TGor
    313 Posts
    Fri, Oct 21 2011 11:46 AM

I can relate to your dilema bro, I just got promoted to Tour Master at level 87. Was hoping to wait until level 88 to actually start trying for it with that new driver. I got lucky in the free multiround with a 31 to earn it. I had to go back to my Rapture driver  for a while because that R9 Super-Tri is so...let's say... tempermental. My advice is to lose that driver for a while. At level 87, I still can't hit it, but it's history in a week or two! 

Did I mention I finally broke 30 for the first time. Shot 29 one hour after being promoted. It was right after my average skyrocketed to 74...lol...one half hour after being promoted. Good Luck .

Tony

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Fri, Oct 21 2011 12:39 PM

I'm with ya John. I keep all my rounds. Look at my history, I have 37 38 39 all in last couple of weeks. I say,,"shoot it and show it" no sandbagging here and the stats are irrelevant.

• gsoup
    2,929 Posts
    Fri, Oct 21 2011 12:48 PM

renniw52:
    Look at me John, I have been a Master since Terry Bradshaw had a full head of hair. I have over 400 ranked rounds as a Master, if anyone wants to call me a sandbagger, they can do it to my face, not on here. I have some good people trying to help me and I'll get there. Meanwhile, let the A holes have their say. It means absolutely nothing. Some people advance very fast and others don't. I'm one of the don'ts. We just have the Master blues. 

i feel the same way, damn friggincantputtworthadamnitis. 

-G

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Oct 21 2011 1:17 PM

I would suggest getting the L79 burners. Your scores might drop a few shots using them. If your happy with your putter, then don't change but the Rossa is a very good putter.  Something to think about.

Cheers

Roger

• Heywood13
    53 Posts
    Fri, Oct 21 2011 2:32 PM

It only gets harder when you get to TM,, Then all you can think about is getting to Legend... Its a vicious addicting cycle.. WGT has us hooked..

• Pryke
    295 Posts
    Fri, Oct 21 2011 4:50 PM

I'd suggest giving St.Andrews front 9 a couple of go's. You'll probably only need to play it 2/3 times to get rid of that last 0.3. First time check out where you want to be on fairway and greens, 2nd/3rd hit the low scores. Every hole can be birdie'd and 2 are good eagle chance's. I wouldn't suggest playing it again and again but with such a small amount to remove from your average (and if you really want to move up a tier) then I don't think there's any harm.

As for equipment...if you're happy with what you've got and know your club yardages then I wouldn't change anything.

Just my opinion.

Cheers

P

• PAGES
RSS