Help › Forums

Frustated and tired in tiering up.

rated by 0 users
Fri, Oct 21 2011 2:32 PM (17 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Johnloucks
    10 Posts
    Thu, Oct 20 2011 12:04 PM

I have been trying for months to be a tour master. I have been a master since level 30, now i'm level 79. I have been playing ranked games since I have been playing. Its not for a lack of trying. I normally play 6 to 10 ranked games a day. I'm just going to give up on tiering up because I'm still going to get crap people who are in a higher tier saying that who can you be level 79 and a master.

• oilyrag
    875 Posts
    Thu, Oct 20 2011 1:58 PM

your 0.3 off tour master -(or should that be 0.31).

if your that desperate, go play a few 9 hole rounds on st andrews (especially the front 9)

oh and by the way, who didn't turn master at approx level 30 - 40.... and then is still master at level ...............

ah yes,,, the other thing,,,,, you may find a decent putter helps

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Thu, Oct 20 2011 2:14 PM

You can always set up a Country club tourney with low wind settings , easy pin placement and the green speed of your choice.....to top it off on the course of your liking.

Easy way to knock off those last few points.

Hp

• Johnloucks
    10 Posts
    Thu, Oct 20 2011 3:24 PM

Really? There is nothing wrong with my putter putter is just fine. I have rented other putters and didn't like them. Its just a odd that other players give me crap all the time about still being a master with the level that I have

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Thu, Oct 20 2011 3:37 PM

Johnloucks:

Its just a odd that other players give me crap all the time about still being a master with the level that I have

I look at your stats and see:

No MP

low career earnings

My conclusion is your just struggling a bit here and there, not even remotely a sandbagger.

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Thu, Oct 20 2011 3:48 PM

you have 516 ranked rounds ,you are doing better then me at 516 R rounds ,be patient,play  9 holes games  you do good on , like some players here suggested,this game is a love ...hate...thing we play with :)...

• Johnloucks
    10 Posts
    Thu, Oct 20 2011 5:13 PM

MBaggese:

Johnloucks:

Its just a odd that other players give me crap all the time about still being a master with the level that I have

I look at your stats and see:

No MP

low career earnings

My conclusion is your just struggling a bit here and there, not even remotely a sandbagger.

Thanks for the encouragement. I just got frustrated and other players think that I'm sandbagging. Thanks you guys.

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Thu, Oct 20 2011 6:39 PM

Look at me John, I have been a Master since Terry Bradshaw had a full head of hair. I have over 400 ranked rounds as a Master, if anyone wants to call me a sandbagger, they can do it to my face, not on here. I have some good people trying to help me and I'll get there. Meanwhile, let the A holes have their say. It means absolutely nothing. Some people advance very fast and others don't. I'm one of the don'ts. We just have the Master blues. 

• Lashe
    824 Posts
    Fri, Oct 21 2011 6:04 AM

Hi John.  To reiterate what everyone else has been telling you here, you're doing just fine.  Don't let the naysayers get you down. 

I made Master here back in April of this year, play everyday, am L88, and still have quite a many good rounds to go before I make Tour Master.  Much of my delay can be attributed to the fact that a large percentage of the rounds I play are AS and don't help me in lowering my avg.  And, I'm perfectly happy with that.  I simply prefer that play format versus stroke play by myself or with others.

As far as avg vs tier goes, its pretty simple.  Me, for example:  I finally got to Master tier after getting avg below 67.  Very next round after making Master I shot a 40 over 9 holes.  This sent my newly reset avg to 80.  Its taken me 6 months to get it back to where I started.  Granted, I've been very slow at getting there for the reasons outlined above.

Bottom line is you're doing just fine and I don't see any reason anyone should be getting on you.  You'll likely be hitting Tour Master any day now if you just keep plugging away as has been suggested to you here.

Good Luck, Have Fun, Hit Em Straight

Lashe

• Johnloucks
    10 Posts
    Fri, Oct 21 2011 9:40 AM

Thanks. I'm just frustrated but thanks for everyones encouragemant and even for the ones that i should shut up and color.

• PAGES
RSS