Forums

Help › Forums

Different wind directions and strengths

rated by 0 users
Thu, Dec 3 2009 11:00 AM (1 replies)
  • AshleyLord
    6 Posts
    Thu, Dec 3 2009 1:47 AM
    BP F9 Master Tees 1st Hole My wind indicator was 5mph off right Opponents was 10mph off right I aimed for inside corner of dog leg Dinged the shot and ended up on left hand edge of fairway (15 yard drift !!!!) When i hit my 2nd 166 yards to pin Hit a 5iron 170 yard shot neutral spin and came up 13 yards short so looked more like a 10mph headwind 2nd Hole Mine was 10mph headwind from Left Quarter Oppo 8mph from L-R 3 rd hole Mine 8mph Headwind from right quarter Opponents 8mph headwind from left quarter I hit my shot Aiming right of flag but wind "blew" it from L-R against itself by 6 yards (yes the shot was "dinged") Gave up on the game after that as it was a lottery
  • duffer66
    700 Posts
    Thu, Dec 3 2009 11:00 AM

I have also noticed inconsistency with the wind. I was on the fairway setting up my shot, 5mph tail wind, I hit space bar to look at the green and there was a 5mph headwind on the green. Also noticed wind strength is effective some time and has no effect at other times. Man, I would love to see a calm day on one of these courses someday.

RSS