Help › Forums

Players Quitting!!

Wed, Aug 30 2023 4:24 PM (225 replies)
  • bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Tue, Jan 25 2022 12:10 PM

DuFussMcGoo:

PureGro1:
    Never get anything but bronze when loss of match, I see gold and platinum when winning vs same tier or higher and silver for winning vs lower tier- Not saying this is how it works, just what I have seen happen.

Here's a good thing in a loss.

If you have level 10 Apparel in SE (Swing Edge), they guarantee there will be 1 SE item, even in a loss! So if you lose, and have all level 10 SE, since you cannot increase your apparel, you GET PAID 200 COINS PER POINT. Losses are either 1 or 2 points so for a 500 coin loss, you can get reimbursed 200 or 400 coins.

Yes, I lose alot BUT got my SE level 10 apparel to CMA!

Of course you are looking at it from the perspective of a tour champ, the players in Chelsea are more often lower tier players with less coins and therefore getting your stake or most of it back on a loss is worth having .

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Tue, Jan 25 2022 1:03 PM

PureGro1:
    Never get anything but bronze when loss of match, I see gold and platinum when winning vs same tier or higher and silver for winning vs lower tier- Not saying this is how it works, just what I have seen happen.

bronze= a loss at any level. 2-3 points

silver 10-12 points. most wins.

gold 34-35 points

platinum - somewhere around 110 i think.

the level of room dictates gold and platinum drop frequency.

the last 3 rooms, tokyo, manhattan and bellagio will drop gold about 1 in 5 wins and platinum about 1 in 20.

• PureGro1
    1,656 Posts
    Tue, Jan 25 2022 1:25 PM

DuFussMcGoo:

Here's a good thing in a loss.

Good point!

Typically I stay to end no matter what- But if there is no chatting and I get to where I know I have lost I may bail to get another sponsor game in or screw the pooch on two drives in a row and knowing I am adding a lot of time to my quick game- I may bail, BUT I Never ever do this if the other person is chatting and enjoying the game. 

Personally the coins to me are worthless and I dont base quitting or finishing on them at all. 

• DuFussMcGoo
    2,867 Posts
    Tue, Jan 25 2022 2:17 PM

Mythanatos:
    the last 3 rooms, tokyo, manhattan and bellagio will drop gold about 1 in 5 wins and platinum about 1 in 20.

I'm just a mortal human hearing from Mt Olympus about how the gods play. Good to know! (If it comes up in Trivial Pursuit because I'd dread playing H2H with my hand shaking so much).

I played 3 games in RIO one night, two of the "at random" games were against the same player. I lost them both.

Yet I know coins are worthless. You can buy a million for $49.75, which is 201 coins for 1c. All you can purchase with coins is Apparel, and only when WGT says you've earned enough points to buy something.

I guess I'm a "thrifty" person.

• DuFussMcGoo
    2,867 Posts
    Tue, Jan 25 2022 6:30 PM

pdb1:
    Somehow I don't think quitting and or forfeiting was ever an acceptable part of the game . Whether one values coins . Or values the format or not . Quitting can never end well in any format .

In the old days, we "conceded" the hole or match. I feel that sounds much more pleasing than "forfeit". It may be an euphemism, but a good one.

Last April, when I was new to Topgolf, I wrote the following in the CC's forum...

At first, I didn't think Topgolf would have anything better than what WGT Golf gave us...but they do. At least for me.

I "love" the "Head to Head" competition that they have when you sign in to the WGT Launcher. You play with "coins" (that they give you daily), to buy "Apparel" with.

This "apparel" increases in price as you increase your ability. You START at level 1, and can increase to level 10. The benefits you get at level 10 make you a TC even though your rank is TM.

Also, as I'm playing I check to see if the opposing player is with a CC then send him a membership request.

It's funny to see none of the players have ever seen a level 175 player (or a TC). Even for a TC, there's no sure thing for a win!!!

Try it....but...

DON'T GET ADDICTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Written on 4/29/21, and I still like H2H!

• PureGro1
    1,656 Posts
    Wed, Jan 26 2022 7:06 AM

pdb1:
    And just like coins there is a hidden W & L column .

just for the record its not hidden, Your Profile-Stats-Match Play-at top

RSS