Forums

Help › Forums

Mend it, for god´s sake!

rated by 0 users
Thu, Dec 3 2009 9:39 AM (6 replies)
  • seveking
    983 Posts
    Tue, Dec 1 2009 12:10 PM
    I´ve just lost 100 credits plus a brand new ball which cost about another 20 because of what I think is the biggest problem that this site has, and has had since the very begginning: the swing meter. I´m fed up of that thing jumping about and costing me money/tournaments or whatever. It´s been wrong since I joined a year ago and it still is. This should be your number one priority. I mean, what is the point in making St.Andrews or any other course available if it won´t be playable for some us? Either give me a free packet of balls every week (unlikely) for things like what just happenned to me or mend the f**** thing! If you do neither of those in the near future... goodbye!
  • seveking
    983 Posts
    Tue, Dec 1 2009 12:51 PM
    Mmm... reading it again I see that I wrote it in the post match heat. But you do need to do something about it.
  • WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Tue, Dec 1 2009 2:45 PM

Hi seveking, would you mind emailing us at members@worldgolftour.com, and we'll see if we can help you resolve the issue?

• AtlantaCoaster
    645 Posts
    Wed, Dec 2 2009 4:57 AM

Seveking -

I saw your post and it certainly struck a chord.  The entire scenario that I describe below should sound VERY FAMILIAR to mst people.

Let me tell you about MY experience this morning.  This is REPRESENTATIVE of similar experiences that have probably happened a hundred times.  See if this sounds familiar.  (I will also email as WGTAlex has suggested to see if they can help me.)

NOTE:  I have FLASH 10 and NO other "processes" or heavy software running.  ONE Internet Explorer (7) window open for WGT and that's it.  I don't even attempt to play WGT with other things going on on my PC.

Here is what happened...

Signed up for a Multi-Player STROKE PLAY and was put into a game with IMCLETUS46.  We started the first hole and chatted briefly - turns out he is local to me.  I finished the first hole with a Birdie and IMCLETUS46 got a Par - after a nice recovery from the rough.  I am thinking this is going to be a nice match.

We stepped up to the second tee and then THE USUAL starts.  The screen froze briefly and then the dreaded "We are sorry There has been a problem with the game.  Please close this window and try again later."  Clearly a WGT issue.

At this point I am irritated.  We started a nice game and now there is no way back - at least not to play against IMCLETUS (short of starting a whole new round).  So the point of COMPETING against another player is now LOST.  No "reconnect" option like in Match Play.

So what to do?  Well I had a Birdie on the first hole - so why should I throw it away?  I chose to RESUME GAME as solo play after coming back into a new window.

I completed Holes 2 and 3 very well - GIR and PAR on both.  So...I am through 3 holes on Bethpage Black at 1 UNDER PAR.  I will take that ANY DAY.

4th Hole - Tee Shot - THE #*(&% METER SKIPS - and I am in the Right Side Rough (40-50%).  FOR CRYING OUT LOUD.  (The nicest thing I can post publicly).

So I collect myself.  And I decide to TRY to recover.  Maybe the meter won't skip again.  SECOND SHOT - the METER SKIPS AGAIN and I am in the mid-fairway "IN THE DEEP ROUGH" and there will now be NO WAY to recover a par.

My -1 through 3 Holes - DESTROYED.  I QUIT THE GAME AT THIS POINT.

I have now eaten up strokes with Premium Balls - I have lost a potentially great round NOT TO MENTION THE EARLIER loss of my competitor.

I mean honestly - what is the point?  The skipping Meter fouled it all up.

I AM SENDING THIS VIA EMAIL TO WGT TO SEE IF THEY CAN HELP ME AS WELL.

Thanks, AtlantaCoaster

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Wed, Dec 2 2009 3:41 PM

Atlanta, did you also right-click and submit a bug to us? These reports contain data that help us figure out what the problem is.

• AtlantaCoaster
    645 Posts
    Wed, Dec 2 2009 4:35 PM
    Hi Alex... On this one, I did not Right Click. I am getting better about remembering to do that before the screen goes away. Thanks for your efforts - in spite of the frustrations, I do love the game - just trying to get it working right. I sent in a DIFFERENT issue via Right Click about problems I am having PUTTING (can't drag the green triangle to aim the putt with my cursor). I've not checked my email yet to see if WGT responded with any suggestion for a fix (probably set something different in preferences or fooling around with an ActiveX control or Flash setting). Again - thanks. AtlantaCoaster
  • WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Thu, Dec 3 2009 9:39 AM

Great, thanks. We will follow up with you via email.

RSS