Help › Forums

A lesson to Everybody...

rated by 0 users
Mon, Oct 17 2011 2:47 AM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Sun, Oct 16 2011 5:49 AM

And how many people have selected the putter from a bunker, to gauge the slope of the green, then forgotten to change back to a wedge?

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Sun, Oct 16 2011 5:58 AM

mantis0014:

TWOMINUSONE:

Just tried to play the qualifier for the fall tourny. Started of well, birds on the first 3. 4th hole is a chance for a bird, 6ft away from the hole on tourny greens. I use the 30ft scale on the putter, move up to 1 increment, and pull back slightly. The ball reacts like i hit it with the 60 scale and travels about 15-16 feet.? I then go and bogey that hole. On the first par 5, im on the green with a chance for an eagle. Somehow, my putter goes off as i am moving it up the scale, and without realising it , i hit it. Ball travels 2-3 inches. My mistake there, so im very careful for the bird attempt. 6ft from the hole, very noticeable break to the hole. I move the pointer, hit my putt, and the ball doesnt turn at all. Raging about that, but i blew a gasket when my 2ft return putt misses as well. So my eagle attempt has now turned into a bogey as well. Anyone know where i can buy a straight jacket, lol. 

Yep, I can lend you my jacket...lol. Have you tried putting without moving the Aimer, Clicking before or after ding depending on slope. Also, did you look at the reverse view, sometimes in that view the dots might be moving slower or sometimes change direction. Makesure you change back to normal view before putting or you will be putting in reverse and really stuff ya up...lol

Yeah, i have tried that putting method, sometimes with success. As for the view, i always check out both views, as sometimes they can be different. Slower moving dots on 1 angle and so on. I always use the reverse view angle when putting, as i find this to be a lot more trustworthy. 

Do the straight jackets help?, lol

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Sun, Oct 16 2011 7:42 AM

this happens with my putter mostly ,i forget to check .what the game gives me for scale.not so much wen i play with other players ....mostly wen i play by myself LOL...after 10 months i still forget to check .my putting scale ...now and then....

• sdorr
    650 Posts
    Sun, Oct 16 2011 8:42 AM

I believe I will leave this one alone. Don't want to jinx myself.

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Mon, Oct 17 2011 1:50 AM

piztaker:

And how many people have selected the putter from a bunker, to gauge the slope of the green, then forgotten to change back to a wedge?

I did that with a chip once, in bunker...forgot to change...doh....lol.. actually it nearly got out too.

• TheAceFactor
    2,147 Posts
    Mon, Oct 17 2011 2:47 AM

mantis0014:
    Makesure you change back to normal view before putting or you will be putting in reverse and really stuff ya up...lol
    I pitch and putt in reverse,  all of the time.

Ace

• PAGES
RSS