Help › Forums

A lesson to Everybody...

rated by 0 users
Mon, Oct 17 2011 2:47 AM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sat, Oct 15 2011 5:55 PM

Never take this game we all play lightly, no fault at Wgt, just my stupid brain....grrrrrrrrrr...lol

Yesterday, I had two 4ft Birdie putts on Cabo... I was thinking, ok easy putts..slight left to rights..easy putt-in...WRONG.. ended up 3 putting for Boge on each...lol Stupid braindrain on my part....lol

Today playing the 2K R/Go.. -4 on the 18th Green... I had a 50ft putt for Bird... ok, 2 putts for par as the norm(for me) and walk in the clubhouse with a -4(really happy at that), I use the Avatar movements for distance control... started the putt, forgot to check the scale I was on didn't I... I was on a 30ft scale instead of a 60ft scale (I think I might have changed the scale for some stupid reason)... 3 putted for Boge....grrrrrr...lol. To clarify that... 3 movements is a 36ft putt on the 60ft scale(Rossa), 3 on the 30ft scale is 18ft. So slighly short and you will be close to the hole and a tap in for par(depending on up or down hill etc)

I was Screaming... %^$^&**^%^... Just goes to show, never take the game lightly, as it can bite you on the behind and always check what clubs or meter scales before you play a shot....lol. Not forgetting make sure ya brain is working properly....lol

Cheers

Roger

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Sat, Oct 15 2011 6:42 PM

I hear you mantis, but the thing is.....everybody should check out the shot they are about to play. I did the same thing in a game today. Made sure i was on the 60ft scale scale with the rossa, on tourny greens. I hit my putt for 24ft (2 increments) for a putt that was about 35 feet away on a 2 nch uphill surface.  I double checked, and the ball travelled only 16-18 feet? Seems its a fault that is cropping up a lot lately, or the caddy is screwed up big time. Any ideas folks, or thoughts?

• TurkishTerror
    2,177 Posts
    Sat, Oct 15 2011 6:47 PM

mantis0014:
    I was Screaming... %^$^&**^%^...

Well I just played a 2k RG.  I was deciding whether to hit 220yrd (3iron) or 205 (4 iron).  I decided on a full 4 iron but still had it on 220.  hit it 10ft into the rough. 

next hole my reflexes decided to take a break and my approach landed in the water.

next hole i hit  3 inches left of the ding and landed under a tree.  You talk about MAD!!  I was freakin FUMING. 

I feel your pain amigo!!!  I almost started a thread "things you have broken playing WGT" because i threw my sandal and it bounced off the ground and broke a picture frame.  Thats 1/50 things I have broken playing this game.  I broke another keyboard yesterday in my office (again)..........

• anthonyvp1
    212 Posts
    Sat, Oct 15 2011 7:38 PM

I NEVER , even once in my life walked up to a chip or putt and hit the ball 2, 3 or 4 times the power I should have...... till WGT. Just sayin'.

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sat, Oct 15 2011 11:11 PM

TWOMINUSONE:

In hear you mantis, but the thing is.....everybody should check out the shot they are about to play. I did the same thing in a game today. Made sure i was on the 60ft scale scale with the rossa, on tourny greens. I hit my putt for 24ft (2 increments) for a putt that was about 35 feet away on a 2 nch uphill surface.  I double checked, and the ball travelled only 16-18 feet? Seems its a fault that is cropping up a lot lately, or the caddy is screwed up big time. Any ideas folks, or thoughts?

Using the Rossa... with a putt of 35ft/2 inch uphill... I usually go by feel with that distance... 35+2 = 37 ft... I use the 30ft scale... Tourney Greens a full 30ft will go about 40ft(or there about, depending on the slope)... I would hit just short of full 30ft on the scale, just past the 4th increment 

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sat, Oct 15 2011 11:14 PM

TurkishTerror:

mantis0014:
    I was Screaming... %^$^&**^%^...

I feel your pain amigo!!!  I almost started a thread "things you have broken playing WGT" 

lol... Could be a good thread to start T... we could all have a bit of a laugh.

• birdwell
    561 Posts
    Sat, Oct 15 2011 11:29 PM

mantis0014:

TWOMINUSONE:

In hear you mantis, but the thing is.....everybody should check out the shot they are about to play. I did the same thing in a game today. Made sure i was on the 60ft scale scale with the rossa, on tourny greens. I hit my putt for 24ft (2 increments) for a putt that was about 35 feet away on a 2 nch uphill surface.  I double checked, and the ball travelled only 16-18 feet? Seems its a fault that is cropping up a lot lately, or the caddy is screwed up big time. Any ideas folks, or thoughts?

Using the Rossa... with a putt of 35ft/2 inch uphill... I usually go by feel with that distance... 35+2 = 37 ft... I use the 30ft scale... Tourney Greens a full 30ft will go about 40ft(or there about, depending on the slope)... I would hit just short of full 30ft on the scale, just past the 4th increment 

I come up with 27.9 for power here, so yep just short of 30 ft. 

Also you need to often check the numbers WGT gives you.  If you switch to reverse view and click the aim marker and drag it back a touch, often the numbers will change. So if it says 24 feet initially but changes to 25 feet a few inches past the hole, then you know it's closer to 25 feet than 24. Elevation can do this also, but it's more rare, there are only a few holes that are cut into a slope like that.

So yep definitely, pay close attention.

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Sun, Oct 16 2011 2:54 AM

Just tried to play the qualifier for the fall tourny. Started of well, birds on the first 3. 4th hole is a chance for a bird, 6ft away from the hole on tourny greens. I use the 30ft scale on the putter, move up to 1 increment, and pull back slightly. The ball reacts like i hit it with the 60 scale and travels about 15-16 feet.? I then go and bogey that hole. On the first par 5, im on the green with a chance for an eagle. Somehow, my putter goes off as i am moving it up the scale, and without realising it , i hit it. Ball travels 2-3 inches. My mistake there, so im very careful for the bird attempt. 6ft from the hole, very noticeable break to the hole. I move the pointer, hit my putt, and the ball doesnt turn at all. Raging about that, but i blew a gasket when my 2ft return putt misses as well. So my eagle attempt has now turned into a bogey as well. Anyone know where i can buy a straight jacket, lol. 

• swdeva
    238 Posts
    Sun, Oct 16 2011 3:10 AM

All I can say is "thats golf , what a game".  But I love it!.

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sun, Oct 16 2011 5:43 AM

TWOMINUSONE:

Just tried to play the qualifier for the fall tourny. Started of well, birds on the first 3. 4th hole is a chance for a bird, 6ft away from the hole on tourny greens. I use the 30ft scale on the putter, move up to 1 increment, and pull back slightly. The ball reacts like i hit it with the 60 scale and travels about 15-16 feet.? I then go and bogey that hole. On the first par 5, im on the green with a chance for an eagle. Somehow, my putter goes off as i am moving it up the scale, and without realising it , i hit it. Ball travels 2-3 inches. My mistake there, so im very careful for the bird attempt. 6ft from the hole, very noticeable break to the hole. I move the pointer, hit my putt, and the ball doesnt turn at all. Raging about that, but i blew a gasket when my 2ft return putt misses as well. So my eagle attempt has now turned into a bogey as well. Anyone know where i can buy a straight jacket, lol. 

Yep, I can lend you my jacket...lol. Have you tried putting without moving the Aimer, Clicking before or after ding depending on slope. Also, did you look at the reverse view, sometimes in that view the dots might be moving slower or sometimes change direction. Makesure you change back to normal view before putting or you will be putting in reverse and really stuff ya up...lol

• PAGES
RSS