Forums

Help › Forums

Mouse rubberbanding

rated by 0 users
Fri, Sep 23 2022 12:11 PM (38 replies)
  • ChrisDeGarmo
    23 Posts
    Sat, Mar 6 2021 6:02 AM

Sorry I may not be as tactful when I'm frustrated, but this is obviously a real problem for some - and makes the game unplayable! Issue (if you've never read through a Forum post discussing it) is that from the finishing of installing and selecting a resolution, the mouse pointer will not go more than a few pixels in any direction before 'rubberbanding' back to the middle of the window. So then you wonder how to get out of 'mouse jail' since you can't navigate to the 'continue' button. Eventually you hit the Window key on your keyboard and wallah! You are free! You go back in and click 'continue'. You're a GENIUS! Except next screen it's doing it again... so you respond with what worked last time. Maybe you get logged in, but this frustrating issue follows you EVERYWHERE in-game. The game timer becomes a REAL problem as you try to adjust your shot or whatever and have to keep constantly keying out and back in.

There's quite a few posts about this. My mouse has no issues in any other app and has never revealed itself to do anything but mouse properly. It's not wireless and requires no battery. It has a resolution button, but this does not help or resolve anything. Changing desktop resolution is no joy. Changing game from windowed to full screen is no joy. Deleting the launcher, file folder, reg key and reinstalling is no joy.

This is a Win 10 build completely current and up to date.

Want to play, cannot until this is resolved - and I have a feeling it's something within the game drivers and won't be fixed. Nothing will fix this until it is found what is actually causing it. Until then, it's just shooting in the dark and praying. For some, the prayer is answered, but after some time, returns. Because, again, the underlying problem has not been found.

This is just really weird that it's only WGT. And I want to play. : |

• Jadlong
    273 Posts
    Sat, Mar 6 2021 6:21 AM

you need to play something  else. 

• TopShelf2010
    10,876 Posts
    Sat, Mar 6 2021 7:29 AM

ChrisDeGarmo:
    And I want to play

Looking forward to the follow up to The Verdict.

Fan since the early 80's growing up.

Don

• Dave33200
    2,929 Posts
    Sat, Mar 6 2021 8:36 AM

Sorry to her about your problem. I have had something similar happen to me in the past and it has always been a problem with my mouse. When I replaced my mouse the problem went away. 

Windows 10 laptop and have always used a wireless mouse. 

• ChrisDeGarmo
    23 Posts
    Sun, Mar 7 2021 4:10 AM

TopShelf2010:

Looking forward to the follow up to The Verdict.

Fan since the early 80's growing up.

Don

Parker and Mike are doing great things with Todd. Geoff and the meddling wife made things miserable for too long. Todd keeps it as legit as it possibly could be. Take care Don

• ChrisDeGarmo
    23 Posts
    Sun, Mar 7 2021 4:23 AM

Dave33200:

Sorry to her about your problem. I have had something similar happen to me in the past and it has always been a problem with my mouse. When I replaced my mouse the problem went away. 

Windows 10 laptop and have always used a wireless mouse. 

I mean, just out of curiosity, was your old mouse janky in any other game or app? Cuz I've not had a single problem with mine, which tells me it's NOT my mouse, but it's WGT being fussy with my mouse. So then how do you choose a new mouse? WGT doesn't know what the problem is, so they can't recommend a particular mouse, or a particular mouse to NOT use. It's a fishing expedition. Since it's not my mouse, I could very well buy another just to end up with the same problem, because WGT is fussy with that one too! But in the end, do you really buy a mouse for ONE game? And not a specialized gaming mouse with features that help with that game.. just one that the software likes?

It's just weird. I am definitely the definition of a power user. I play and record music, I edit and render video. I have tons of games (both old school and newer) and office type apps. My mouse works perfectly and I never gave it a second thought.

I bumped into WGT on my mobile and had so much fun, I was blown away that there was a PC app available (and I'm learning WGT has been around a long time and I never knew it!!). But this PC app is bugged to hell. Not only the mouse rubberband thing, but when I hit a new level and am offered free rentals FOR THAT LEVEL, it says error you are not at the proper level... never happened on the mobile app. The mobile app was 100% sound. Love having this on a 40" screen, but these bugs are bone killers... bleh.

Sorry for the rant!

\m/

• GBryant1
    14 Posts
    Wed, Mar 10 2021 11:15 PM

I have the same issue on occasion.  It's random and I can't find a reason why, but I did find a work-around.  After loading the launcher and clicking the play button immediately focus your mouse on the desktop and rightclick and hold the blue select area while the game is loading.  When I get the rubber banding I shut WGT down and restart as above and it works every time.

• ChrisDeGarmo
    23 Posts
    Thu, Mar 11 2021 12:01 AM

GBryant1:

I have the same issue on occasion.  It's random and I can't find a reason why, but I did find a work-around.  After loading the launcher and clicking the play button immediately focus your mouse on the desktop and rightclick and hold the blue select area while the game is loading.  When I get the rubber banding I shut WGT down and restart as above and it works every time.

Yep. Went to play a game and for whatever reason, absolutely no rubberbanding for the entire 1 hr session. Came back hours later, reloaded the game and bam! rubberbanding so bad that I could not Win key out of it. I had to use task manager to kill the game. Reloaded and everything was fine again. Since then I've had a few session starts with rubberbanding and I just exit however I can and relaunch - and so far that does eventually get me a stable environment.

So there is a post here somewhere suggesting to reinstall entire game, which I do think is wrong - especially if you just did install the game! Just a simple app relaunch (however many times) seems to eventually get you there. I think most of the people having this issue are Win 10 users so I think there is a driver issue between WGT and Win 10 builds with a certain mouse driver. Maybe we should compare drivers?

My mouse is USB plug and play - there is no manufacturer driver. It is using a native Microsoft USB HID driver v 10.0.19041.1

• padster8543
    67 Posts
    Mon, Apr 19 2021 3:29 PM

This is the only program where I mouse  is adversely affected.  Alt Tab helps in most cases but just recently even that has failed and I have had to Ctrl Alt Del to get to Task Manager and close down the game.  That results in unhappy playing partners and a certain amount of embarrassment. 

It NEVER happened in the previous flash version - so why now?

I have written to WGT and - not a reply!! 

• ChrisDeGarmo
    23 Posts
    Mon, Apr 19 2021 10:11 PM

Well let me share with you a strange story padster...

I realized that if I got to the main screen in-game, and there was no issue, it would remain that way. I only risked being tossed back into rubberband jail at game launch, or main reset after a round ended. I never once would have an issue mid-round.

Then like a week+ went by and I suddenly realized, "hey, I haven't had to reset a rubberbanding event even once for like a whole week"

and here we are some several weeks or more down the road - the event is completely gone.

Now, if it returns, it's because I came back to this post and was re-cursed! But for now, I haven't seen the problem in a very very long time.

I have no explanation. Only absolute joy in my heart that it is gone and I can just play golf.

I made absolutely no changes to my computer in any way to warrant this change.

RSS