Forums

Help › Forums

Mouse rubberbanding

rated by 0 users
Fri, Sep 23 2022 12:11 PM (38 replies)
  • petrieboy
    434 Posts
    Tue, Dec 7 2021 8:57 AM

ill try that Scott  next time it starts banding an let ya no how it goes. so unplug the key board 4 the hole game?

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Tue, Dec 7 2021 9:08 AM

Yup, and anything else you have plugged in that can control your cursor.

• petrieboy
    434 Posts
    Wed, Dec 8 2021 1:55 PM

i unplugged  my key board during game seems to help. cant chat with other players tho. looks like your on to something here Scott. is there anything WGT can do about this. never happened to me in the old version.  thanks 4 the help.

BOB

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Wed, Dec 8 2021 2:19 PM

Thanks Bob. I don't know if WGT can or will do anything about this, we can only hope that they are reading this thread and will investigate it.

You could try a different keyboard if you have one handy, or plug things into different USB ports.

I'll see if I can do anything myself, but I'm not making any promises.

• petrieboy
    434 Posts
    Thu, Dec 9 2021 8:29 AM

the only thing i have plugged in is a key board so if i come across another one than i will try that 4 sure. thanks again Scott.

BOB

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Thu, Dec 9 2021 8:58 AM

Okay Bob, is your keyboard anything special, like a gaming keyboard or an expensive one that is configurable, or is it just a normal one?

I might have a little program for you to try in a few days if you want to, so keep an eye on this thread.

• petrieboy
    434 Posts
    Fri, Dec 10 2021 6:17 AM

just a plain jane key board  Scott. still banding when i get around 6 or 7 holes into a game. will keep an eye on this thread thanks.

BOB

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Fri, Dec 10 2021 1:46 PM

Okay Bob. The thing I find a little confusing about your issue is the fact that it starts after you've been playing awhile, but nonetheless, I'll carry on.

I don't have the rubberbanding issue myself (lucky me) but I can make it happen by pressing either of the W, A, S or D keys, the cursor control keys (arrow keys) or the arrowed numberpad keys when scroll lock is off, and moving the mouse at the same time.

So I have written a small AutoHotkey program which forces the WASD keys to type out their respective letters instead of moving the cursor. The program also disables the cursor control keys (arrow keys) and ensures the scroll lock is switched on so that the numberpad arrow keys type their numbers instead of moving the cursor.

Because this program works on my system doesn't mean it will work anywhere else, but there's no harm in trying it.

You can download the program from HERE Bob. Once you have downloaded it, locate it in your downloads folder and double click it to run it. When it is running you should see a green icon with a white 'H' in your system tray. The program doesn't affect how the aforementioned keys perform in any program other than WGT Golf.

When you have tested out WGT to see if it has any effect on your issue, you can stop the program by pressing CTRL + X, or right clicking on the system tray icon and selecting 'Exit' from the menu. The system tray icon should then disappear.

If the program does nothing to help Bob, then maybe a different keyboard or mouse would be worth trying, other than that I don't know what else to suggest. I'll keep the issue in mind though and if I hear of a solution I'll let you know.

Good luck!

Scott.

• petrieboy
    434 Posts
    Sat, Dec 11 2021 6:17 AM

sounds like it will be worth trying  Scott, because  the reloading gets old. also if that does nothing than a different key board will be tried  in the near future for sure.

and thanks again for your input into this matter cause I"'m guessing i"m not the only player out there running into this problem.

thxs BOB

• petrieboy
    434 Posts
    Sat, Dec 11 2021 6:25 AM

ok downloaded the exe file but pc will not open it when i click on the  run file.

RSS