Help › Forums

Update 2/24/2021

Fri, Mar 5 2021 7:10 AM (83 replies)
  • Ketket1
    6,892 Posts
    Fri, Feb 26 2021 4:41 AM

WGTChampion:

Hi friends,

New update has been released for standalone PCEA and Steam. Mobile platforms should be out later this week. 

Here's the key items in the release: 

• New Course! Virtual U.S. Open is back, starting 3/1 play the Front 9 Challenge for your first look at Torrey Pines
    • 2021 European eTour - New season with new, exclusive apparel (apparel bundles available only on Steam and mobile platforms) 
    • March Open - Play the newest WGT Live Series qualifier
    • Safari Showdown - Take a ride on the wild side, coming soon!
    • Fixed visual issues of buttons in proshop
    • Added an "ANY" option for Apparel Bonus in multiplayer setup
    • Fixed issue causing female avatars to change to male following matches
    • Fixed end-of-game visual errors showing erroneous icons and messages
    • Fixed issue when playing in German language causing host players to only be able to play on front 9 holes of selected course

_CHAMPION 

Some of the updates are good. But why did you have to change the UI (User Interface - what we players see when we log in, particularly in the country club section). It seems like every time you do an update (every 2 weeks) you change the UI. Completely unnecessarily. The latest country club UI is awful compared to last time. Instead of changing the UI every 2 weeks, perhaps you should (1) give the members a consistent UI experience and (2) focus on fixing real issues and bugs, instead of unnecessary changes. It feels as though you have a number of Devs sitting there with nothing to do so you just get them to make changes that aren't actually needed. 

• callaghan159
    6,222 Posts
    Fri, Feb 26 2021 6:52 AM

GolfClown3:
    freezes during loading.

Was playing a game the other day and it froze on the second hole. I rebooted my laptop and its been working fine since. Give it a try. Wouldnt hurt.

• SamSpayed
    4,905 Posts
    Fri, Feb 26 2021 11:53 AM

Ketket1:
    Instead of changing the UI every 2 weeks, perhaps you should (1) give the members a consistent UI experience and (2) focus on fixing real issues and bugs, instead of unnecessary changes. It feels as though you have a number of Devs sitting there with nothing to do so you just get them to make changes that aren't actually needed.

Agree 100%

Bug fixes should be the TOP priority.  After that, if you really want your devs to change the UI, let them work on the following items, all of which which have been requested over and over by many players here in the Forums:

• Make the wind speed / direction indicator larger
    • Make the aimer box (billboard) on the green more transparent
    • Make the chat box smaller, and visible on the main game window (like it was on Flash)
    • Get rid of the "Watching Opponent / Teammate" text
    • Get rid of the "Excellent Shot" pop-up text

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Fri, Feb 26 2021 12:03 PM

Hi, 

Just to follow up a little. 

We were expecting that the ANY toggle for apparel would solve most of - if not all- the matchmaking problems we were seeing. This was similar to an issue we had in the past where an ANY toggle did solve the problem. 

The reason I didn't call out matchmaking specifically in my list was that it would take a few days to see results because it required that players adopt the new client which always takes a few days to see an important sample size. So as to not make anyone think it would be an instant fix, I didn't list it.

Turns out there's a bigger issue- One that is only happening in the live version of the game and not in our Development or Test branches, which is why we didn't catch it. Everything was working much better with the ANY toggle on those internal versions of the game. 

We're investigating further. Thank you for your patience. 

_CHAMPION 

• garyk49
    2,313 Posts
    Fri, Feb 26 2021 12:12 PM

WGTChampion:

Turns out there's a bigger issue- One that is only happening in the live version of the game and not in our Development or Test branches, which is why we didn't catch it. Everything was working much better with the ANY toggle on those internal versions of the game. 

We're investigating further. Thank you for your patience. 

_CHAMPION 

Quit having your people play directly connected to the servers, have them play through an outside internet connection, then maybe you will start seeing the problems that people have been complaining about.  In other words, play like all the rest of us have to, not in your own little world.

But thanks anyway for trying to explain.

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Fri, Feb 26 2021 12:15 PM

garyk49:

Quit having your people play directly connected to the servers, have them play through an outside internet connection, then maybe you will start seeing the problems that people have been complaining about.  In other words, play like all the rest of us have to, not in your own little world.

But thanks anyway for trying to explain.

That's not how it works at all. They're not jacked into the mainframe or anything. The fact that this issue only exists in the live version of the game makes it much more difficult to investigate. 

And more than anything what I'm trying to say is, we know it's still an issue and I hope I'll have a bigger update for you soon. 

_CHAMPION

• garyk49
    2,313 Posts
    Fri, Feb 26 2021 12:29 PM

You say the Live Version, you mean the one we play.  Maybe I miss spoke by saying directly to the servers.  But I don't think you are testing or using any kind of quality control, on what we, see/have access to as the game.

On another front, you said that apparel was changed from on/off/any.  My Launcher updated maybe the second time I started the launcher, but in join, I still don't see any, on the apparel selection.  Does it only work with Join?  Oh wait, I see, just checked, it's only on join.

Version 1.69.0.215973_D

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Fri, Feb 26 2021 12:35 PM

Yes, the host will decide On or Off, the person joining can connect to either with "Any". 

_CHAMPION 

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Fri, Feb 26 2021 12:37 PM

And further, we can't create and test fixes directly on Live, otherwise you'd see alot more trouble and alot more downtimes and updates. 

_CHAMPION 

• callaghan159
    6,222 Posts
    Fri, Feb 26 2021 1:41 PM

Thanks Champ for the info. At least you guys are trying to get things correct. It will take time.

RSS