• mrmp1
    534 Posts
    Fri, Feb 26 2021 5:03 PM

I use caps so I can see , not to be rude total BS

• SamSpayed
    4,895 Posts
    Fri, Feb 26 2021 5:20 PM

callaghan159:
    If I want to learn other peoples job all I have to do is ask and I will get the training. It's called cross training.

That might work for simple jobs (like driving a street sweeper) that you can train a monkey to do.  Doesn't work so well in the IT world, where the skills are more specialized.

Robert1893:
    I'd bet a whole bunch of money that if any us were on the "inside" with WGT and involved in making decisions, the decisions we would make would be not too dissimilar to what is already being done.

As a former IT manager, I can assure you that you would lose that bet.

Having said that, I appreciate WGTChampion keeping us informed about where they stand in the bug-fix process.  It sounds like the matchmaking issues aren't going to be fixed overnight.

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Fri, Feb 26 2021 5:47 PM

SamSpayed:
    As a former IT manager, I can assure you that you would lose that bet.

Fair enough. You definitely would know better than me. 

Thank goodness I don't really gamble. 😀

• JDGHOST
    6,770 Posts
    Fri, Feb 26 2021 8:45 PM

Champ,

So trying to help you guys out I gathered 7 players  on Skype and we decided to run our own little  "Test" session ...

Here's what we did ...I set up a Skins game and then I  simultaneously  searched for "THREE" random players..

At the very same time 7 players searched to randomly "JOIN'' a skins game(with the identical parameters I set up) and after three unsuccessful attempts (meaning nobody showed up in my lobby and the 5 mins expired) on the 4th try ...one of the seven magically finally appeared !!

We than ran the identical test scenario in Match play and stroke play and each of us (That's 8 different guys) tried setting up games one at a time (not just me) while the rest of us would then  search to join the exact game being set  ...And nothing but horrible results...

Over two+ hours invested and not ONE game went off...All the time talking with each other on Skype to insure we were all on same page...

In all the time we spent never got more than the occasional 1 of us showing up in someone's lobby

SO.....What this tells me is simply the "RANDOM" part of joining or inviting is obviously flat out broke (For lack of a better word)...

And I just don't understand what's the issue of having friends say available or Busy???? Or RED or GREEN whatever works easiest?

JD

• callaghan159
    6,220 Posts
    Sat, Feb 27 2021 1:19 AM

SamSpayed:
    train a monkey to do.

LMAO. You nothing about my job so I say grow up if you have nothing kind to say, but I know kind is not in your DNA and nice to see running a huge successful club.

• callaghan159
    6,220 Posts
    Sat, Feb 27 2021 1:51 AM

SamSpayed:
    As a former IT manager,

Must of hired a monkey to replace you.🙈🙈🙈🙈

• BPeterson8256
    2,907 Posts
    Sat, Feb 27 2021 7:16 AM

JDGHOST:

Champ,

So trying to help you guys out I gathered 7 players  on Skype and we decided to run our own little  "Test" session ...

Here's what we did ...I set up a Skins game and then I  simultaneously  searched for "THREE" random players..

At the very same time 7 players searched to randomly "JOIN'' a skins game(with the identical parameters I set up) and after three unsuccessful attempts (meaning nobody showed up in my lobby and the 5 mins expired) on the 4th try ...one of the seven magically finally appeared !!

We than ran the identical test scenario in Match play and stroke play and each of us (That's 8 different guys) tried setting up games one at a time (not just me) while the rest of us would then  search to join the exact game being set  ...And nothing but horrible results...

Over two+ hours invested and not ONE game went off...All the time talking with each other on Skype to insure we were all on same page...

In all the time we spent never got more than the occasional 1 of us showing up in someone's lobby

SO.....What this tells me is simply the "RANDOM" part of joining or inviting is obviously flat out broke (For lack of a better word)...

And I just don't understand what's the issue of having friends say available or Busy???? Or RED or GREEN whatever works easiest?

JD

This is very cool that you took the time to do this. I hope this information makes it's way back to those that need it. Kudos!

BP

• protonc
    644 Posts
    Sat, Feb 27 2021 9:17 AM

Agreed, great idea!

• SamSpayed
    4,895 Posts
    Sat, Feb 27 2021 12:22 PM

JDGHOST:

Here's what we did ...

Kudos to you and your friends for doing this, JD.  This is exactly the kind of testing that WGT should do to test their bug fix once they have it ready to roll out.

• Firstmrmax
    824 Posts
    Sat, Feb 27 2021 1:24 PM

"The people making the new apparel are not the same people who are working on matchmaking issues. BTW the artists who make the clothes are employed... by us. "

_CHAMPION 

Seriously for Real?   You hire full time  "artists"  just to make these virtual clothes?   SMH. Are they not almost all the same colored different colors

I have to wonder who thinks this is important, when there are so many things that doesnt seem like it should be so difficult to fix.

Transparent putting billboard

Smaller more transparent chat window so you can see the game and chat

There are many more of course but this could be a "we're trying to make a good faith effort " towards fixing the new versions problems.

I for one feel we have enough clothing choices to last for many years, except I miss what I used to wear in the Flash version, but that ok, dont worry about that.

RSS